Home Help Desk
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Broke thesite layout :( sorry

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in Help Desk
Sometimes this happens, but this time it's stuck on. I'm using the 'normal' you mook style and as I have 1280*something resolution it's normally only filling 3/4 of the screen, yet its stretching now.

See attatchment for what I mean. Tried refreshing but to no avail. :(
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Clear you cookies and see if that helps?
  • Jamie LJamie L Posts: 129 The Mix Convert
    I agree... Clear cookies and a Ctrl + F5.

It's just not loading the css file.
    That sometimes happens for me if my connection dies midway through loading the page and it loads the content but not the Style Sheet.
    Yeah, it's usually more of a problem if you've got anything using your upload - so p2p, etc. It manages to load the page but as Thunderstruck mentions, it times out on the style sheet - when it happens you'll normally see a delay on the page coming up.

It's basically because the style sheet is located in a different place to the boards.
    I had/have the exact same things. Clearing the cookies didn't work. It only happens on my work computer. Any time I'm on thesite at work thats how it looks. Every single time. Been like that a few months now. I just got used to it.
    Check how your work computer is at opening thesite.org - that's where the style sheet is coming from.
    All too confusing. I couldn't even figure out the cookie bit let alone what you just said :p As long as shyboy's is fine its all good ;) Besides, I keep the page at only a quarter the size of the screen so I get a good finger workout scrolling every day on here, think of the burned calories I would be missing out on!
    what i meant was just try going to http://www.thesite.org from your work computer - if it's blocked, that could be causing the problem
    No, thats how I get on to the page. I start at the main page and work my way here. Thanks for explaining! :)