Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Plaster wont budge. Assistance please...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Right, well I've done something pretty stupid. Earlier on today I put a hardcore ultra sticky plaster on a cut and now I can't get the bloody thing off! The skin underneath is gaping and the cut is rather deep. When I try to peel it off it hurts like a b*tch. If I rip if off will I do more harm than good? I've tried soaking it for a while but it still wont budge! Haha, looks like I'm going to be stuck with this on my arm till I have to guts to take it off. Fetching
Help guys......

miss

Comments

• Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,283 Skive's The Limit
    Rip it off.

Let air to the cut over night and as long as you can. You should reallu only use plaster if you have to. Cuts heal much faster without them.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Just rip it, all in one go. As long as the sticky bit isn't on the cut, it won't make any difference, really.
  • Options
    But that's the thing... The sticky bit is on the cut. UGH I'm such a muppet
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Get it wet and see if it'll slip off?
  • Options
    Do you absoutly need to take it off instantly? Could you not just wait until tomorrow morning or something? Time and a shower are bound to make it easier to come off.
  • Options
    You don't want it to begin healing with the sticky bit on it, that's a surefire way to treble the pain factor. I'd just try and ease it off little by little (and I mean little) - it'll probably hurt like a bugger but the sooner it's done the sooner it can begin to heal in the open which is a good thing as Skive said.

Wetting it might help, depending on whether it's a waterproof or fabric plaster. Baby oil or vaseline might loosen it a little at the edges and give you a helping hand, alternatively :)
  • Options
    use lukewarm salt water!
  • Options
    Thanks for all the replies, much appreciated. I've got it off now and just letting the air get to it!
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    miss wrote:
    Thanks for all the replies, much appreciated. I've got it off now and just letting the air get to it!
    Hurrah!
  • Options
    Ouch, did it hurt when you took it off?:confused: