Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Non paying eBay c*nts

Fucking unpaying eBay cunts! I hate them! Sold Reading tickets to this woman about 3 weeks ago and about 10 minutes ago I get this email reading;
I am ssorry but the deaal is not going to happen.═ I was bidding for friends of my son and they said it was alright and they could go.═ Unfortunately, they forgot to ask their parents and theeeir parents have said no, so they do not want the tickets.═ I know this puts me in a very bad light, but I am really very sorry, you don't know how bad I feel.═ Can I offer you the sellers' fees - ё30.00 as way of compensation and the messing about that you have suffered.═ I have been honest and hope that you will understand.═ Kind regards, Sonia

£30 does not make up for the price that we agreed (£400) which I now have to find TEN DAYS before the festival starts else I'm left with two very expensive pieces of paper. FUCKING BITCH!

Sorry, just needed to get that off my chest.

[/rant]

Anyone else had any non-paying issues with eBay people?
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Give bad feedback with that reason and relist them on a shorter timeframe.
  • Options
    If you cannot re-sell the tickets before the date of the event, or have to sell them at a lower price, then look at going through the small claims court to claim for lost income/hassle/expense.

Personally, I'd reply and tell them that £30 is NOT compensation. £400 for the tickets + £50 for late payment is compensation. £30 is an insult.
  • Options
    and get revenge? bid on all her auctions from a false account? maybe? though I wouldn't bother myself. That is really rather annoying. Doesn't she owe you the money whether she wants the tickets or not?
  • Options
    katralla wrote:
    and get revenge? bid on all her auctions from a false account? maybe? though I wouldn't bother myself. That is really rather annoying. Doesn't she owe you the money whether she wants the tickets or not?

What the fuck? The bidder doesn't sound like it was intentional. Something of an overreaction to go all medievil on her ass.

The only poor showing here is that it took the woman 3 weeks to not pay.
  • Options
    Placing a bid is a binding contract. You are well within your rights as a seller to ask/demand for full payment for the bid she placed and the auction she won.
    Email her, demand payment! Damnit!! :thumb:
  • Options
    I don't think you should demand payment, it's unfortunate that she's behaved so poorly but I don't think it's out of any badness. While it's realllly inconvenient for you I think you have to be as reasonable as you can be and chalk it up to "you win some, you lose some and there are a lot of clueless arseholes with ebay accounts".

Maybe you could relist on a 3 day auction and claim back the listing fees as is possible - I believe - when the transaction isn't completed. Definitely take her up on the seller's fees (whatever the hell they are) which is a gesture even if it's not the £400 you were expecting and entitled to.
  • Options
    Serves you right for being a thieving ticket tout, doesn't it.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    I don't understand all this animosity towards ticket touts?
    You buy something for less and sell it or more - how is that any different than the way many other businesses work?

And there's no 'thieving' involved.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    lol it is a pain in the ass when all the tickets for a festival are sold out in 24 hours and your internet connection just wasn't fast enough to load the page in time, then you go on ebay or wherever and see a bunch of cunts who didn't even want to go to the festival, they just bought up all the tickets to sell them on to the real fans at a rip-off price........but you wouldn't do that would you thunderstruck?
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    Serves you right for being a thieving ticket tout, doesn't it.

Oh fuck you. And who exactly am I theiving from? I paid for them fair and square so I'm not thieving from Reading and I'm not robbing the buyers. They are not forced to pay my prices. The fact that they do so justifies my 'touting'.

I didn't buy up all the tickets. Just two. For me and Mrs. T but sadly Reading have deemed rock music a thing of the past and have neglected to actually put any on the bill this year. So we didn't really want to go. I've been to every Reading since '00 up til last year so you can cram that 'real music fans' crap.

She didn't pay for so long because we only live about 15 minutes away from each other and so she was going to pay cash when the tickets arrived. I can understand what she did as it was completely out of her control. Just wish she had asked the brats before actually buying the damn things.

Have relisted on a 3-day auction so fingers crossed. I left bad feedback but don't know what effects that will have if any.

I looked through the eBay rules and there's actually very little I can do to gain any form of compensation. Their grievance procedures only go as far as suspending and locking accounts. They can't actually send in the repo men sadly. In their eyes, I still have the item in question and thus can resell it. The listing fees are the only contentious thing and she will more than cover that with her £30. That the festival starts in ten days is neither here nor there for eBay sadly.

Just a pain in the arse that she's done this so close and didn't have the sufficient foresight to check that the little fuckers could go in the first place.
  • Options
    You ticket touting cunt. :( If you have to sell it just stick it up for the retail price as a buy it now. Otherwise you are an evil evil man exploiting the idiots of this world with too much cash.
    (This wasnt helpful)
  • Options
    He bought the tickets, he can do what he likes with them. Touting is a seriously good idea.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Mist wrote:
    What the fuck? The bidder doesn't sound like it was intentional. Something of an overreaction to go all medievil on her ass.

The only poor showing here is that it took the woman 3 weeks to not pay.

hmmn maybe. Maybe she just wrote her email to sound like that coz she knew she was in the wrong for not paying. If I could still sel the tickets, I personally would take the £30 sorry and run... But, I can see why he's peed off- it's an auction, you bid then you gots to pay up.
  • Options
    Skive wrote:
    He bought the tickets, he can do what he likes with them. Touting is a seriously good idea.

word
  • Options
    word

to ya momma!
  • Options
    Can't you do a second chance offer?
  • Options
    what's that?
  • Options
    I think it's if someone else had bid a lower amount than the winning bidder (and had been outbid) you can offer it to them at the price they bid, or the price you're willing to sell at... or something. It's for situations like this where the transaction isn't successful for whatever reason.

Obviously it doesn't apply if you had them on as a Buy It Now - unless anyone contacted you expressing interest. I'm sure there's info about it on the site, or someone else will know better.
  • Options
    Skive wrote:
    I don't understand all this animosity towards ticket touts?
    You buy something for less and sell it or more - how is that any different than the way many other businesses work?

And there's no 'thieving' involved.

Couldn't agree more.
  • Options
    Skive wrote:
    Verbum :thumb: Thunderstruck, don't listen to the judgemental ARSES that seem to swarm this board. You're entitled to sell whatever you want on ebay no matter how much THEY hate it (or hate you for it!) I don't hate you. :thumb:
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Verbum :thumb: Thunderstruck, don't listen to the judgemental ARSES that seem to swarm this board. You're entitled to sell whatever you want on ebay no matter how much THEY hate it (or hate you for it!) I don't hate you. :thumb:
    And your not judgemental about anything, are you Ilora?
  • Options
    Not about ticket touting, no :p :thumb:
  • Options
    I would expect that Reading, like everyone else, actually bar selling tickets above their face value. Those little words "non-transferable" tend to be a bit of a giveaway:)

Not that they give a fuck, mind, cause they get their money.

I'm almost certain touting is illegal too...
  • Options
    I beleive Glastonbury Festival is looking into replacing tickets with holographic and photographic ID cards which should cut down touting.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    I'm almost certain touting is illegal too...

pfft...
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    As long as somebody is willing to pay for it...
    Its their own fault (the rebuyer) for shelling out the overprices. Not the seller. Its a place of profit and supply/demand.
  • Options
    Renzo wrote:
    If you have to sell it just stick it up for the retail price as a buy it now.

yes. and then i will buy them.
  • Options
    Sorry already sold. Got lucky and someone bought them for £350 so still not really losing out. The damned woman still hasn't sent me any fucking compensation. Will now write to her demanding £30 plus the £50 shortfall as I had to majorly lower my prices in order to sell the damn things so close to the festival.

Despite what Kermit, Renzo et al. may say, until they make it impossible to tout tickets, I intent to continue to do so as to date, it has funded me quite nicely through uni. They're my tickets and I can do what I like with them.
  • Options
    happens all the time on e bay. get used to it.:p
  • Options
    i would just accept the £30 compensation tbh because if you start writing demanding letters and what not theres always the chance she will just abandon her ebay account and you will not hear from her again...