Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Making money from EBAY.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey...is there anyone here who's tried there hand at making money from ebay or anyone who is currently earning a comfortable amount from it? I'v had a shop on there for 2 months now and I think it has potential to make a comfortable amount but I think like any business you have to inject money into it first before the money starts to role in...any suggestion or comments about the whole concept of ebay?

:thumb:

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    yeah...sell stuff, get money...thats about the gist of it..
    I sell gig tickets as, despite the fact people hate you, they eventually come crawling to you when all the tickets are sold out. Unethical it may be, but there's a lot of money in it.

What does your store sell?
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,283 Skive's The Limit
    I sell gig tickets as, despite the fact people hate you, they eventually come crawling to you when all the tickets are sold out. Unethical it may be, but there's a lot of money in it.

A few of mates have done this in the past and have made a tidy profit, I think in future I may do the same.
    Weekender Offender 

What does your store sell?

How much profit on average do you make then?
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,283 Skive's The Limit
    Though Thunderstruck I would watch out, there's plenty of plenty of people on here that don't like touts, just look at this..

http://vbulletin.thesite.org.uk/showthread.php?t=83989&highlight=live8+tickets
    Weekender Offender 
    Like I said, I don't do it to be popular. Personally I wouldn't sell Live 8 tickets, but in retrospect, given what it accomplished (or rather, what it failed to accomplish), I perhaps would have fewer qualms about selling any Bob Geldof-endorsed events as I did before.

Last year made about a grand but most of that was from Reading tickets. Also from U2/Coldplay etc. etc.

I got completely flamed on another website where I advertised the tickets and actually got into quite a mega debate about what I was doing. Thing is, the second anyone buys the tickets, they are justifying the prices. The wankers were only complaining because they were too lazy to order in time and I wasn't.
    i sold sold used ticket stubs from watford matches last season.

People pay loads for them £50 for a set of three, all they can use them for is getting membership for this seasons premiership year
    my friend bought a game console from a carboot sale for 15 quid and sold it on ebay for 70 quid....
    alot of english people still seem quite retarded when i heard that/

lots of $$$ opportunities
    stegrier wrote:
    my friend bought a game console from a carboot sale for 15 quid and sold it on ebay for 70 quid....
    alot of english people still seem quite retarded when i heard that/

lots of $$$ opportunities

what console was it?