Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Mysterious illness

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Right, I've searched the internet all morning, used WrongDiagnosis, even searched on here for previous threads, and just been to Lloyds Pharmacy for the test and despite all evidence to the contrary, I don't have diabetes. Apparently.

So does anyone else know what might be wrong with me? My symptoms are the excessive thirst, excessive toilet needing, extreme tiredness (as in if I haven't drank, slept or eaten within 20 minutes I become completely lifeless) and a tendancy to catch every illness going.

Just wondered if anyone else had been through the same struggle as me really. The doctors claim it's 'in my head' but it's getting silly, I eat well, I exercise, I get sleep, I don't drink alot, maybe one or two a month, I don't (and have never) smoked, I don't do drugs..... I can't find anything else to improve on!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    have you been tested for diabetes?
    Have they tested your thyroid? Or to see if you have glandular fever or maybe you are depressed?
    All of which can have similar symptoms.
    I also have to drink alot, which makes me pee more. Doc just said some people do.
    I have had a mysterious illness for coming up to two years, and have been told that either it's all in my head (despite physical signs to the contrary), or that I just need to eat more healthily and do some exercise. Brilliant :thumb:

I would suggest, if you are not happy with what you've been told, going back and asking for a second opinion. That's what I'm off to do this afternoon.
    If your DR thinks that it all in your head, then he/she is a wanker, get a second opinion.

My opinion is that its either food poisoning or a really bad virus.

I would say carry on drinking loads of water & stock up on antioxidants & electrolytes like potassium.