Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Breaking up and having to suffer

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Self absorbed thread i know but i just split from my girlfriend and i just can't cope. I love her and she loves me but apparently because of personal issues she can't put me first. Apparently I have been a near on perfect boyfriend but she just can't handle being responsible for someone elses feelings when she can't handle her own. She doesn't want to hurt me anymore.
I am lost without her, I lost friends etc to be with her, my life revolves around when i see her. I can't even imagine the thought of not kissing her or making love. If she loves me so much how can this be the solution. I am lost. I know there is a supposed future past her but i can't see it. She is the only person I have ever loved and want to love.
What to do? How to get her back? I need her back!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Why do you need her back?
    Because I love her, because she is the only person I have ever loved. I have spent every other second since we have been together thinking of her. Because all my next few months was arranged to spend time with her because i need to hold her
    Because i love her so much
    You can't make her want to be with you though.
    Tweety wrote:

:yes: Are you two still friends?
    Tweety wrote:
    :yes:
    and thats life! as much as it hurts now, you'll get over it with time.
    I felt the same when my ex dumped me. But a month or so later I did come to realise that she was right. We weren't a very good match.

So I would say take some time apart from her, catch up with your friends, get out and do stuff without her. Then see how you feel.

Oddly enough, it will also increase your chances of getting back with her. Girls don't want a guy that mopes around pining for them. Having a life is much more attractive.
    how long were you together?
    i think you should dwell on the positives, that some someone you cared about cared so deeply about you, because it doesn't happen to everyone.
    hazell wrote:
    i think you should dwell on the positives, that some someone you cared about cared so deeply about you, because it doesn't happen to everyone.

Why? I think you should just move on adn forget about her.
    Sofie wrote:
    Why? I think you should just move on adn forget about her.

yeah, they only come around every day
    Anyone who thinks that there is only ever one soul-mate is crackers. Plenty more fish in the sea.

Maybe she'll realise she likes you, but when someone pulls the "its not you its me" card its not very often that they do come back. That's the way life is.

brush yourself down, grieve a little for what you've lost, and get back out there.
    She has told me that she wants to be with me but does not want the commitment. She wants to be able to act how she wants without worrying about hurting me. although she would not cheat on me she can't put my feelings first which is not fair on me.
    Plus as soon as she is sorted she wants to get back together if i still single. In fact I will be first person she calls
    If I was you, I'd try and move on, rather than just keep waiting in the hope that she gets stuff sorted in her head.

I know it's hard, but the sooner you try and move on then the sooner you'll get over her.
    And next time babe, don't devote ALL of your life to one person, keep your friends and your own life too.