Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Bombs on planes?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Some people's refusal to condemn the actions of Israel in Palestine and Lebanon speaks volumes here.
    Oh, and for anyone else who wants to condemn me for anti-semitism? Yeah, that's right, I'm a raging fucking Jew hater - that's why I have a track record on here for pulling people up for promoting the Protocols of the Elders of Zion, David Icke and other such racist fuckbags.

Fucks sake. Judge people on there track record, use your brain and stop being so knee jerk. :rolleyes: x several zillion
    Blagsta wrote:
    Oh, and for anyone else who wants to condemn me for anti-semitism?

I don't think anybody on here seriously thinks you're anti-Semitic.
    Blagsta wrote:
    Yeah, that's right, I'm a raging fucking Jew hater

And nobody has ever suggested that...

Also, as I said before there were plenty of other regular posters and people who'd posted in this thread who were silent. I don't know if they reported it or not and I certainly don't think Aladdin for instance who hasn't said a word is anti-Semitic.

Anyway I think it is probably best to leave this for now, at least until turloughs next outburst.
  • Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Dear Wendy wrote:
    No, silence doesn't do shit. But lets people get away with their bulshit and disgusting ways.
    I thought that by now it was ingrained in every kid's mind that you do not let thing pass by keeping silent.
    By now Niemöller is considered a cliche, but maybe you - and many others - should after all, look up his words.

So. Reporting the post to the moderators isn't enough, we must shout at the person who has done it. I don't get that logic at all.

I am of course not willing to let unjust things go unstopped or unpunished. But it isn't my job to hand out the sentence at all. It is my job to report it to the relevant authorities - and by doing so, I am not letting the incident pass by - I am taking action. By reporting a post.

I haven't read this post yet. I may look it up, it seems to be causing annoyance.
    I am of course not willing to let unjust things go unstopped or unpunished. But it isn't my job to hand out the sentence at all. It is my job to report it to the relevant authorities - and by doing so, I am not letting the incident pass by - I am taking action. By reporting a post.

How very respectful you are of Authority.
    How very respectful you are of Authority.

Why, thank you.
    Discussion/debate/commentary/condemnation (shouting?? wtf?) promotes the different opinions surrounding the matter, and would in turloughs case portray why his words are not only downright stupid but also dangerous.

But yeah, next time someone utters bullshit on these boards, I won't expect you to comment. After all it's the moderators' job.
    Dear Wendy wrote:
    Discussion/debate/commentary/condemnation (shouting?? wtf?) promotes the different opinions surrounding the matter, and would in turloughs case portray why his words are not only downright stupid but also dangerous.

But yeah, next time someone utters bullshit on these boards, I won't expect you to comment. After all it's the moderators' job.

He was trolling. If someone game on and said "slaughter all gays, they are going against good western values." would we rant for pages about it? Nope, I hope not.

Like any spam or troll post, it is just to be reported and ignored. It isn't a particular discussion point. Indeed, it has achieved the desired result of annoying forum members and provoking a huge argument. Congratulations, you have just done exactally what the troll wanted.
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    He was trolling. If someone game on and said "slaughter all gays, they are going against good western values." would we rant for pages about it? Nope, I hope not.

Like any spam or troll post, it is just to be reported and ignored. It isn't a particular discussion point. Indeed, it has achieved the desired result of annoying forum members and provoking a huge argument. Congratulations, you have just done exactally what the troll wanted.

I fucking hope that if someone came here with bad words against gays that people would stand up to them - contrary to what was seen in this case.

And no, "reported and ignored" is not the way this should be handled when the statement was made by a poster who frequents these boards and isn't on here (from what I know) with the sole intention of trolling or whatever you call it.
    Let us prey...
    Heavenly father, please bless some posters with the ability to LET IT GO.
    Amen!
    migpilot wrote:
    Let us prey...
    Heavenly father, please bless some posters with the ability to LET IT GO.
    Amen!

That'd be nice.

I still don't get why some of you feel the need to feed the troll with more ammo...

But let us put the issue aside. Some of us have different ways of addressing problems... some feed trolls, some report them and let the mods deal with it (a swift ban is best!). Some think invading other countries is best to deal with terrorists, others think not.

Now, back to <strike>Snakes on Planes</strike> Bombs on Planes.
    What bombs?
    :chin:
    Blagsta wrote:
    Oh, and for anyone else who wants to condemn me for anti-semitism?

wtf?

Who did that?
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    So. Reporting the post to the moderators isn't enough, we must shout at the person who has done it. I don't get that logic at all.

"All that is needed for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing. " or something like that. And it's worth reading Pastor Neimoller's poem, "First they came for the Jews and I did not speak out because I was not a Jew."
    But it isn't my job to hand out the sentence at all. It is my job to report it to the relevant authorities - and by doing so, I am not letting the incident pass by - I am taking action.

Question is, is it enough?
    "All that is needed for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing. " or something like that. And it's worth reading Pastor Neimoller's poem, "First they came for the Jews and I did not speak out because I was not a Jew."

I know this already. I have heard these and think they are true. However, the Mods on this board are quite capable of doing there job. On a board where the Mods are not, or indeed, the Mods no longer visit, then there is a need for members to deal with situations themselves.
    Question is, is it enough?

Plenty so. Why, do you not feel the Moderators do thier job well enough?
    I know this already. I have heard these and think they are true. However, the Mods on this board are quite capable of doing there job. On a board where the Mods are not, or indeed, the Mods no longer visit, then there is a need for members to deal with situations themselves./

You ignored his point.
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:

I'm starting to wonder. I would have expected Turlough (yerascrote) to have been banned by now.
    let the witch hunt begin, maybe we need a whole new thread dedicated to turlough.........ban him, ban him!.......:rolleyes:

i think there's just a slight overreaction here, sure he said a stupid thing, which most people ignored because they probably didn't think he was being serious, but what good does banning him do? there are other posters on here whose views i find far more repulsive but that's life, you're all stamping your feet like little children, we're not mods so let them do their job and get on with the debating ffs.
    He broke the rules, well and truly broke them, and he has a history of walking a very fine line. Why shouldn't he be banned?
    i dunno maybe you should ask jim v?...you say he walks a fine line and sure i don't take everything he says seriously, but in all the years i've posted on here i never got the impression he was genuinely a racist, i still don't in fact.....btw i don't see everyone up in arms about people like lukesh whose track record is much worse but is somehow overlooked because he's an ignorant racist, but i'll say it again i come here to debate not moderate......

That`s interesting.

I recall an incident a few months ago where a poster readily accepted that violence (and threats thereof) are used to fund certain services. As someone who has been subjected to the explicit threats of violence (along with my family) I found the poster`s response to be somewhat insulting but I guess that`s my problem.

The response: "so what"
    i dunno maybe you should ask jim v?...you say he walks a fine line and sure i don't take everything he says seriously, but in all the years i've posted on here i never got the impression he was genuinely a racist, i still don't in fact.....btw i don't see everyone up in arms about people like lukesh whose track record is much worse but is somehow overlooked because he's an ignorant racist, but i'll say it again i come here to debate not moderate......
    Don't be daft, accusations of racism is all Luke gets.
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    I know this already. I have heard these and think they are true. However, the Mods on this board are quite capable of doing there job. On a board where the Mods are not, or indeed, the Mods no longer visit, then there is a need for members to deal with situations themselves.

Should we just rely on the Police to fight the BNP, or should we publicly damn them ourselves?
    seeker wrote:
    That`s interesting.

I recall an incident a few months ago where a poster readily accepted that violence (and threats thereof) are used to fund certain services. As someone who has been subjected to the explicit threats of violence (along with my family) I found the poster`s response to be somewhat insulting but I guess that`s my problem.

The response: "so what"

Perhaps because I don't see it as evil...

You are welcome to continue your fight though.
    Fiend_85 wrote:
    Don't be daft, accusations of racism is all Luke gets.

yet somehow (after already being banned) he's still allowed to post on the boards, that was sort of my point......i was also pointing out the very people condeming turlough i.e. mat and dis, are also the ones who say absolutely nothing about luke's warped remarks, maybe it's just a coincidence they happen to share his political views?.......i dont think their outburst has anything to do with racism, more to do with the fact turlough winds them up on other threads all the time and they're just looking for some revenge........anyways, it's all very lame.
    yet somehow (after already being banned) he's still allowed to post on the boards, that was sort of my point......i was also pointing out the very people condeming turlough i.e. mat and dis, are also the ones who say absolutely nothing about luke's warped remarks, maybe it's just a coincidence they happen to share his political views?.......i dont think their outburst has anything to do with racism, more to do with the fact turlough winds them up on other threads all the time and they're just looking for some revenge........anyways, it's all very lame.
    Most sensible post in this thread.

Time, perhaps, to give it a rest now ffs. He was a twat and he's apologised- more than can be said of countless other remarks by a number of other posters. An eye for an eye and there won't be a poster left in P & D.

*waits to be dragged into it and accused of things oneself*
    So... yeah

I reckon blair concoted the whole security alert so that he could have the beach to himself on holiday
    yeah that blair's a right selfish c*nt.
    and he smells funny
    i heard on the news part of his proposals for getting "tough on immigration" involved standing at the channel crossing and flapping his armpits about a bit.....just picture that in your mind now.