Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Ever Been Teased cos of a TV Programme or a Film?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
When the Karate Kid came out a guy in our class caled Daniel got teased

Same with a guy called Jamie (and his magic torch)

Comments

• Options
    My family used to mockingly call me Annie when I was a toddler because of my ginger ringlets.
  • Options
    Whenever "Danny - Champion of the World" gets shown on TV, people start calling me that and comparing me to the character.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    No, but I've done a bit of teasing...
    My cousin's babysitters's sister was named Tereza, and there was an advert on TV about a cockroach called Tereza who stepped on "Teza" (a brand of insecticide) and died. So I used to sing that to her. I was a bit evil at that age.
    I hope she didn't take it too harshly. Thankfully she was a lot older than me. I don't know how much, all I could tell when I was 6 was that she had breasts. So she could have been anything from 13 to 20-something.
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    stargalaxy wrote:
    Whenever "Danny - Champion of the World" gets shown on TV, people start calling me that and comparing me to the character.

That is your new name from now on.
    Champion of the World.
    Do expect to be called it :p

Yeah, I were called Wish Wellingtons for a while (It took me ages to get it, I didn't know that show existed and wondered what the FUCK people were on about!). I fucking WISH I had wellies that granted my wishes. That'd be better than anything.

"I wish I had an AK-47".
  • Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    Yeah, I were called Wish Wellingtons for a while ("I wish I had an AK-47".
    i used to love that programme, even though i think i was about 14 when it was on :p
    i used to get called Alice off the vicar of dibley, as i never really get jokes, am blonde, and at the time had a gloucestershire accent!
  • Options
    Yes, smurf. From the smurfs.
  • Options
  • Options
    Hobag. :p
  • Options
    Everyone Hates Chris.

Grr...
  • Options
    No, I got away lucky til now (I got a bit of stick when I said I was cold on holiday, as I went on holiday with a bunch of Big Brother addicts, and my name is Nikki, so I had "I'm so cooo-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-old for 24 hours. Got it as my ringtone now though so that soon shut them up :D)

I do remember when that stupid walking version of Barbie came out, it was called Tanya and had some stupid advert, and my friend used to keep getting the lads sing it to her. Then she broke her leg. Oh how funny they thought they were singing "She's a walking miracle". Stupid gits.
  • Options
    Andy Pandy.

:grump:
  • Options
    \
  • Options
    I get the aquamarina song from Stringray sung at me by the lads at work. Because my name is Marie, I really dont understand it. They even wrote it in my birthday card. :eek2:
  • Options
    Bill and Ben n rosie and jim coz my twins name is jim lol
  • Options
    Oliver Twist.

Its a nightmare, my surname is vaguely related to it aswell, which makes it worse
  • Options
    Bambi.

Very long story.

Also when that tune "Cryin At The Discotheque" was out, I used to get "Brian at the Discotheque" all the time when I as out :mad:
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Bri-namite wrote:
    Bambi.

Very long story.

Also when that tune "Cryin At The Discotheque" was out, I used to get "Brian at the Discotheque" all the time when I as out :mad:

:lol: Sorry. Brian as the Discotheque could be a great film... its all taking shape in my head.
  • Options
    frodo.
  • Options
    Never really got linked in to a tv show or film, more songs really. The usual suspects of Oh Carolina, Sweet Caroline and Carolina Moon come out when everyone's drunk. My theme tune seems to be Kate Bush's Wuthering Heights as my boss said years ago that my fuzzy hair reminded him of Kate Bush. :grump: Did a pub quiz recently where he got everyone joining in.
  • Options
    When A-team came out, they all mocked me with B.A.Barrackus (Mr.T), because I am so incredibly strong and cool.

I can't remember thoroughly tho, could've been murdock as well.
  • Options
    My mom calls me Rosemary's baby.

We share the same birthday :heart:amongst other similarities according to my mom
  • Options
    Bri-namite wrote:

:lol: :thumb: That's actually quite amusing!

I still get "Bridget Jones?"ed constantly *yawn*
  • Options
    When the Battersbys first came into Corrie I had people calling me Leanne Battersby.
  • Options
    Neither TV or film, but I constantly get "Mariaaaaaaaaa, you've gotta see her!" a la Blondie, or "How do you solve a problem like Maria?" sung at me, especially now the thing on BBC1 about trying to find a Maria for the osund of music is on.
  • Options
    I get the blondie song as well, I dont why its only similar to my name.
  • Options
    My friend constantly gets 'Lara?! Have you ever seen Dr Zhivago?'

I dont think I have, but we had a sad competition at work to make peoples names out of films and I got 'The Charlotte King and I' or 'Charlotte flew over the cuckoos nest' I mean, I get the first one, but whoever made up the second one was just clutching at straws