Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Cramp + other random things

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I have never had cramp in my life (i thort i had but now i realise that i had bad pins and needles or something) but every day this week i have woken up with cramp in either one or both calves. Im sure it cant be a good sign but im not sure wether its something worth seing a doctor about.

I was in a new place on a training course and iv worn high heels every day, but there the only two things that i can think of that are any different to usual.

Thinking about it 8 days ago i could also have possibly had it, i stood to walk across the room and had the worst pain i have ever felt in my pelvic area. aparently i just passed out from the pain and the next thing i knew i woke up on the couch 40 seconds or so later not in any pain at all.

I dont know if its relavent or not but i could also have been 9 weeks pregnant until thursday. I hadnt been on for 9 weeks but had managed to kind of block it out of my mind and not think about it. I came on on thursday and shall we say that erm things dont look like they usually do. But i think that thats just a head fuck more than anything to do with the cramps

so sorry that that was a bit of a mish mash of info but i could do with getting anything that needs sorting sorted as i am leaving the country for 1 year in about 3 weeks. Any ideas about what it could be would be great. Im going to register with a doctor next week anyway so il mention things then

cheers if you read this far :)

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    oh just to add that i wont be on-line until monday but i will check then
    When I was 15 I suffered from terrible cramp. My DR sent me for blood tests, but couldn't find out why.

I found out why in the end & it was because I was dehydrated. So I would recommend drinking at least 2ltrs of water a day, whilst also watching your salt intake.

I would usually say supplement with potassium to insure extra hydration, but if you think you are pregnant I would consult your DR before hand to make sure its OK to.

Good luck. :)
    yeah I had cramp sometimes when I went to the gym. It's jsut a lack of water I think. Get it alot when hung over too because you;re dehydrated. Just try drinkking about more.
    Going from flat to high heal shoes and vise versa can do that.
    cramp is usually a sign of nutritional deficiency (esp. wrt potassium/ sodium)
    eating healthy should correct it. tho' if you're loosing consciousness because the pain is so bad - you need to see a doctor asap.