Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Argh 5 year olds!!!!!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Does anyone else have a 5 year old (or a young child in general) running around the house tonight screaming?

Do you not just feel like screaming "GET TO BED!!!!!!!!"

I'm on the verge of it! I'm dying to send her back to school. Gah. She's got a whole 40 minutes til bedtime, I might have had her drawn and quarted before then. GAHHHH

ETA: HALF EIGHT. I've just heard her announce to someone her bedtimes half eight tonight? WHY? Because she's had half an hour added to her half seven bedtime because its the holidays, and because her weekend bedtime is normally eight o clock, she's allowed half an hour extra onto that! GAHHHH THAT'S OVER AN HOUR!

E(again)TA: And she's just turned a *ahem* 'adult' channel on the television. I've never ran so fast!

Comments

• Options
    I have a 2 year old thats been an absolute terror today. 8pm can't come quick enough.
  • Options
    Why don't you both justput the clocks forward .. surely they can't tell the time yet?
  • Options
    Why don't you both justput the clocks forward .. surely they can't tell the time yet?

Umm....if they can't tell the time then putting the clock forward doesn't exactly accomplish much.......
  • Options
    nicx1811 wrote:
    GAHHHH

Admit it - you're just frustrated that you can't keep up with her mentally :p.
  • Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    Admit it - you're just frustrated that you can't keep up with her mentally :p.
    oooh i'd not be having that nic *shit stirring*:p
  • Options

Because that means an early start.:no:
  • Options
    Tweety wrote:
    Because that means an early start.:no:

You could turn them back once your child is in bed?
  • Options
    Sofie wrote:
    You could turn them back once your child is in bed?

:crazyeyes umm he can't tell the time :p and he only needs the same amount of sleep whatever time he goes so early it would be.
  • Options
    Bunny_0_ wrote:
    oooh i'd not be having that nic *shit stirring*:p

I'm quite safe, she can only reach my knees :D.
  • Options
    I'm quite safe, she can only reach my knees :D.

Yes but I'll bloody well knock you off your silly multicolour bike when I pass my test :razz:
  • Options
    nicx1811 wrote:
    Yes but I'll bloody well knock you off your silly multicolour bike when I pass my test :razz:
    hahaha, is it not just pink anymore? have you 'done it up':cool:
  • Options
    Any time I'm at work in the evening, and see a kid running to me asking for the millionth time "how much is this?", I think "shouldn't you be in bed by now?". I asked that question to one a few days ago, whom rather honestly said yes.
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote:
    Any time I'm at work in the evening, and see a kid running to me asking for the millionth time "how much is this?", I think "shouldn't you be in bed by now?". I asked that question to one a few days ago, whom rather honestly said yes.
    haha, ahhh bless. did he look all sheepish and look to the floor?
  • Options
    Bunny_0_ wrote:
    haha, ahhh bless. did he look all sheepish and look to the floor?
    Yes. Though he's nowhere near as memorable as one particular kid. This blonde-haired boy, no older than six, came to the till one night with a toy gun. He asked how much it was, then said he wanted to buy it. At the time, a bloke called Neil was serving, whilst I stood nearby watching. Neil said "that's £6.99 then, please, mate" before the boy says "I've only got invinsible money".

Everyone who was watching this was trying desperately not to laugh as the boy tried to persuade Neil that he should accept invisible money. Once the boy left the shop, we all collapsed in laughter!
  • Options
    Bunny_0_ wrote:
    hahaha, is it not just pink anymore? have you 'done it up':cool:

It's got a green bit as well, always has *unless my eyes are very much mistaken*
  • Options
    nicx1811 wrote:
    It's got a green bit as well, always has *unless my eyes are very much mistaken*
    just gets better :p i can say all this as he isnt online, and cant get me! hehe!
  • Options
    You could always try and say "at this time all the good kids go to bed"
  • Options
    lea_uk wrote:

Ha and I'd get "No they don't cuz I'm still up and I'm staying up late!"

Nah she's in bed 'poorly' (too many sweets) tonight so it's OK. Fast asleep as well.

And Em, I wont let him get you. He's scared of my car (as am I sometimes) I reckon. And it makes him think of food :D
  • Options
    nicx1811 wrote:
    And it makes him think of food :D
    :confused: cheese?
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote:
    Yes. Though he's nowhere near as memorable as one particular kid. This blonde-haired boy, no older than six, came to the till one night with a toy gun. He asked how much it was, then said he wanted to buy it. At the time, a bloke called Neil was serving, whilst I stood nearby watching. Neil said "that's £6.99 then, please, mate" before the boy says "I've only got invinsible money".

Everyone who was watching this was trying desperately not to laugh as the boy tried to persuade Neil that he should accept invisible money. Once the boy left the shop, we all collapsed in laughter!

Lol, I love when kids do things like that :D
  • Options
    lea_uk wrote:
    Only trouble is, when the shop opens 8am the following morning, you see the same kids coming in to buy the first of about three million bars of sweets.