Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Bombs on planes?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Blagsta wrote:
    Hey, some of my best friends are black...

Since you have been (rightly) publicly very critical of instances of racism yet are very soft in your criticism of blatant anti-Semitism on these boards I don't really think you're one to talk about prejudices. I hope it is only your response that is different and there is no case of you viewing the two differently.
    Well surely Muslim terrorists are the odd nutters among Muslims. Or are you saying that Muslim terrorists are normal, rational people?
    As rational as any other terrorist, I should imagine.

But what I meant, as you probably knew all along, is that it is wrong and innacurate to describe all suicide bombers as religious fanatics who are blowing themselves up for a reward in heaven.

Fact is, many do it because they have suffered unspeakable hardship and misery at the hands of others and many have even seen loved ones senselessly murder with the international community doing nothing about it.

That doesn't justify murdering civilians of course, but I am not surprise some people decide to go that way. Everyone has a breaking point.

You know a lot of these people then?
    Probably around the same number as you. How do you know that university graduates, doctors and women blow themselves up because they believe they will be rewarded with virgins in heaven?

It wouldn't have anything to do with being abused and humiliated their entire existence by a murderous foreign invader, perhaps?

What are you on about now? Those behind these latest planned attacks were mostly middle class 'British' Muslims. They weren't refugees from some third world country...
    Those ones were brainwashed. Not too difficult a thing to do when someone is really angry about something.

Who occupied or abused the perpetrators of 7/7, 9/11 or these latest planned attacks? Why aren't abused Zimbabweans blowing themselves up? Mugabe kicked thousands out of their homes last year...Where are the bombs?
    Give it another couple of decades and you will see them coming.

I'm sure it's not because of lack of wanting in a few cases.

Anyway I do not care what justification the left tries to invent for fundamentalist Muslims blinded by a sick and fanatical ideology. Muslims adhering to such views need to be exposed and if not British citizens deported. Our intelligence services need to infiltrate every section of the Muslim community and we have to openly stand up to Islamofascism and those that wish to appease this disgusting movement. It is highly important that we keep moderate Muslims on side but even if we succeed in that objective it doesn't change the depressing fact that there is a very significant minority of Muslims here that hold views incompatible with civilised democracy.
    It might help to understand why some people choose to go down that route.
    Since you have been (rightly) publicly very critical of instances of racism yet are very soft in your criticism of blatant anti-Semitism on these boards I don't really think you're one to talk about prejudices. I hope it is only your response that is different and there is no case of you viewing the two differently.

Sorry, what the fuck are you wanking on about now? Where exactly have I been soft on blatant anti-semitism? Please back that up or shut up.

Oh and if you're referring to turlough's comment? Who the fuck do you think reported it to the mods?
    Aladdin wrote:
    Fact is, many do it because they have suffered unspeakable hardship and misery at the hands of others and many have even seen loved ones senselessly murder with the international community doing nothing about it.

And er how does that apply to those behind 9/11, 7/7 and these latest planned atrocities?
    Aladdin wrote:
    It wouldn't have anything to do with being abused and humiliated their entire existence by a murderous foreign invader, perhaps?

Who invaded or occupied the British Muslim terrorists that carried out 7/7? Or these planned attacks that were recently foiled?
    Aladdin wrote:
    Give it another couple of decades and you will see them coming.

I'm sure it's not because of lack of wanting in a few cases.

You really think the many persecuted people in say; Zimbabwe and Burma want to blow themselves up?

Why did the abused in the Soviet Union never resort to blowing themselves up? Why didn't Martin Luther King and African Americans resort to suicide bombing? Surely the rationale you're applying to Muslim terrorists applied to them? Or were they not abused and humiliated?
    Aladdin wrote:
    It might help to understand why some people choose to go down that route.

Yet all your talk of occupation by a foreign power doesn't even apply to the British Muslims that carried out 7/7 or planned to carry out these recent attacks. No 'foreign' power occupied or abused them...
    Blagsta wrote:
    Sorry, what the fuck are you wanking on about now? Where exactly have I been soft on blatant anti-semitism? Please back that up or shut up.

Oh and if you're referring to turlough's comment? Who the fuck do you think reported it to the mods?
    Blagsta wrote:
    Come on dis, use your brain a little. Its perfectly obvious turlough was pissed and trolling - he does it all the time. Anyway, how do you know people didn't report the post?

Since I'm not a mod I'm not privy to who reported the comment to the mods...Either way if somebody made the comment except regarding Muslims or regarding black communities I doubt you'd brush it off as 'pissed and trolling.' Meh, it was a pointless comment of mine in response to a similarly pointless and unconstructive post of yours.
    Oh fuck off dis. As I already said, turlough was quite obviously pissed and trolling, that's why no one really picked him up on it - some of us are capable of thinking a little bit. Turlough when he's sober and being sensible does not make racist comments. I form opinions of people's views on the majority of their posts. Some people are blatantly racist, others aren't. Turlough was obviously trying to get a rise out of you - it worked like a treat.
    Oh and btw, my comment about best friends and black people? A serious response to your transparent claims that some of your best mates are Muslim.
    You don't fool anyone dis.
    Blagsta wrote:
    Oh and btw, my comment about best friends and black people? A serious response to your transparent claims that some of your best mates are Muslim.
    You don't fool anyone dis.

:lol: I have absolutely no general anti-Muslim feelings and I suggest you retract that ridiculous insinuation given your inability to support it with fact.
    whatever dis, you're not fooling anyone
    And er how does that apply to those behind 9/11, 7/7 and these latest planned atrocities?
    But I've never said it applies to all of them have I? I said it is wrong to put everyone in the 72 virgins category.

Who invaded or occupied the British Muslim terrorists that carried out 7/7? Or these planned attacks that were recently foiled?
    See above.

You really think the many persecuted people in say; Zimbabwe and Burma want to blow themselves up?
    If they went through what the Palestinians have gone through, perhaps they would.
    Why did the abused in the Soviet Union never resort to blowing themselves up? Why didn't Martin Luther King and African Americans resort to suicide bombing? Surely the rationale you're applying to Muslim terrorists applied to them? Or were they not abused and humiliated?
    Different circumstances, motivation and tactics. In any case there have always been people from all backgrounds and beliefs prepared to die for the cause they feel strongly about- the only difference is how they die.

Yet all your talk of occupation by a foreign power doesn't even apply to the British Muslims that carried out 7/7 or planned to carry out these recent attacks. No 'foreign' power occupied or abused them...
    As I said above I'm not suggesting all suicide bombers are like that. I have simply said that the 72 virgins issue is largely bollocks.
    Blagsta wrote:
    Oh fuck off dis. As I already said, turlough was quite obviously pissed and trolling, that's why no one really picked him up on it - some of us are capable of thinking a little bit. Turlough when he's sober and being sensible does not make racist comments. I form opinions of people's views on the majority of their posts. Some people are blatantly racist, others aren't. Turlough was obviously trying to get a rise out of you - it worked like a treat.

:yes:

It's actually become hysterical. Ah well, sticks and stones and the like. ;)
    Aladdin wrote:
    But I've never said it applies to all of them have I? I said it is wrong to put everyone in the 72 virgins category.

Let me ask you something, for the sake of an argument.

Do you think that a suicide bomber (whatever their background, religion) is able of making a rational decision. Can you call someone who is prepared to kill themselves and others in the name of his beliefs/receivd persecution/religion a rational person?

Religion is very important to muslims. For them to commit such an act, surely they must believe in a higher right and that their actions will be welcomed by Allah?

As for Palestinians, a great number of the suicide bombers were later shown to be educated young people and their acts described as ones of desperation.
    I would argue they were recruited by Hamas and brainwashed...

If you go back to the Kamikaze pilots, they were embracing death as they believed they were the weapons of gods who flew with the wind and destroyed the enemies of the empire, while all the time believing strongly in afterlife (kami).

While none of these people might have believed in 72 virgins, I am sure that they do believe in some kind of absolution of their sins by their gods!
    rachie004 wrote:
    I'll attack you with my bottle of perfume - OBVIOUSLY :p

its still relevant to the topic :p

As long as it's not CK Contradiction, I'll be fine. Contradiction is my cryptonite.
    :nervous:

:D
    There's a difference between understanding the motives, and making excuses. I understand Tony Blair's motives, but I'm in no way making excuses for the shit-tip he's helping make of the middle east at the moment.
    Ok... judging by that theory... I dislike Irans resgime. I have seen how they treat homosexauls. They have hung young teenage boys and it really hurt me. Do you accept that I have motives to want to do something about it?

I'd like to know what you mean by motives as well?
    A motive for disliking or disagreeing with something, what what kind of motive?
    To me a 'motive' is just another term of justifying Islamic facists.
    Aladdin wrote:

Those ones were brainwashed. Not too difficult a thing to do when someone is really angry about something.
    So if one is angry at something, using terrorism is completely justified? Or do you have to be muslim first?
    migpilot wrote:

Do you think that a suicide bomber (whatever their background, religion) is able of making a rational decision. Can you call someone who is prepared to kill themselves and others in the name of his beliefs/receivd persecution/religion a rational person?
    No. But that doesn't apply to just 'Muslim terrorists'.

Those Israeli soldiers seen on TV wearing skullcaps and devoutedly praying moments before they start to fire shells into towns and villages are just as fanatic and irrational if they think any God would approve of them murdering people just because they see themselves as devout believers.
    As for Palestinians, a great number of the suicide bombers were later shown to be educated young people and their acts described as ones of desperation.
    In many cases it's more likely suicide bombers approached Hamas and volunteered for a suicide bombing.

Given what some people have been put through it's not surprising really. A lifetime at the receiving end of pure evil, abuses and hardship turns to make people do things they wouldn't otherwise consider.
    If you go back to the Kamikaze pilots, they were embracing death as they believed they were the weapons of gods who flew with the wind and destroyed the enemies of the empire, while all the time believing strongly in afterlife (kami).

While none of these people might have believed in 72 virgins, I am sure that they do believe in some kind of absolution of their sins by their gods!
    Many will, yes. But the same can be said of anyone else. I'm sure IDF members shooting little Palestinian schoolgirls in the head or F16 pilots blowing civilian apartment blocks and knowing they have killed many innocent civilians believe they are the Chosen Ones and that God approves their slaughtering of the infidels.

One more reason to dislike all organised religions. They have been the one consistent problem in the area since biblical times.
    Blagsta wrote:
    Why do you always have to swear?

I also feel your 'outrage' if any to anti jewish actions is very soft, infact, I've never ever seen you condone anti-semitic attacks.
    Blagsta wrote:
    Turlough when he's sober and being sensible does not make racist comments.
    If he made a racist comment when he is drunk or off his head on the nasty stuff i.e drugs then i suggest he should not take drugs as he can't, well obviously, handle them. It will get him into trouble one day.
    Blagsta wrote:
    whatever dis, you're not fooling anyone
    You're right here. It's cuz he isn't intending to fool anyone.
    I had to fly home from lanzarote on thursday and was suprised at that airports attitude, there was no extra security checks, if anything they were hurrying people through as fast as they could, we were allowed hand luggage and as much liquid as we could carry. kinda worrying to be honast considering we were flying in to gatwick as well and the people we wen tthrough security with were flying the manchester and nothing extra was done to either.
    luke88 wrote:
    So if one is angry at something, using terrorism is completely justified? Or do you have to be muslim first?
    Are you trying to suggest only Muslims have resorted to terrorism?

Are you familiar with the likes of ETA, IRA, Black September, Grapo and hundreds of similar groups? Or are you just blinded by your hatred of all things Muslim?
    Aladdin wrote:
    Are you trying to suggest only Muslims have resorted to terrorism?
    No, I am suggesting you accept Islamic terrorism, but you won't accept the 'war on terror' for instance.
    Aladdin wrote:
    Are you familiar with the likes of ETA, IRA, Black September, Grapo and hundreds of similar groups? Or are you just blinded by your hatred of all things Muslim?
    I am fed up of the soft treatment muslims get. It angers me.
    Aladdin wrote:
    No. But that doesn't apply to just 'Muslim terrorists'.

Of course.
    Those Israeli soldiers seen on TV wearing skullcaps and devoutedly praying moments before they start to fire shells into towns and villages are just as fanatic and irrational if they think any God would approve of them murdering people just because they see themselves as devout believers.

I was talking about suicide bombers. What those Israeli's are doing is clearly murder incited by their religious beliefs.
    In many cases it's more likely suicide bombers approached Hamas and volunteered for a suicide bombing.

Given what some people have been put through it's not surprising really. A lifetime at the receiving end of pure evil, abuses and hardship turns to make people do things they wouldn't otherwise consider.

I would disagree slightly. It's more likely that Hamas are making themselves available to anyone who might have a thought of blowing himself and others up. A side point I was trying to make was that an educated person would realize that violence breeds violence. And one can argue that as much as it's Israel's fault for all the suffering, Hamas has not helped the matter and has encouraged the terrorism (even in the name of resistance)
    Many will, yes. But the same can be said of anyone else. I'm sure IDF members shooting little Palestinian schoolgirls in the head or F16 pilots blowing civilian apartment blocks and knowing they have killed many innocent civilians believe they are the Chosen Ones and that God approves their slaughtering of the infidels.

Again, they are probably, many of them, fanatics.
    But I was talking about suicide bombers.
    One more reason to dislike all organised religions. They have been the one consistent problem in the area since biblical times.

And always will be until there is nothing left to fight over.
    luke88 wrote:
    Why do you always have to swear?

I also feel your 'outrage' if any to anti jewish actions is very soft, infact, I've never ever seen you condone anti-semitic attacks.

Yes, you never see me condone them because in fact I think they're out of order.

Hint: get a dictionary.
    luke88 wrote:
    If he made a racist comment when he is drunk or off his head on the nasty stuff i.e drugs then i suggest he should not take drugs as he can't, well obviously, handle them. It will get him into trouble one day.

He's doing it to get a rise out of people like you. Immature and foolish, yes. Racist? No. That's why I didn't pick him up publicly on it. I did however report the post to the mods.

Now, you on the other hand, have a track record of being borderline racist. Turlough doesn't.
    luke88 wrote:
    No, I am suggesting you accept Islamic terrorism, but you won't accept the 'war on terror' for instance.

I am fed up of the soft treatment muslims get. It angers me.

What do you think "War on terror" is?

And what do you think George W. Bush means by saying "War on terror"?
    migpilot wrote:
    What do you think "War on terror" is?

And what do you think George W. Bush means by saying "War on terror"?
    The general definiton of the war on terror is ridding islamic terrorism, which can be found in London, New York, Sudan, Israel, Iraq, palestine, Iran, Pakistam, Afganistan, Russia, Bali, Kenya... all these acts were performed under a general ideology which is to kill innocents, spread their facist ideology. The war on terror is to prevent this anymore. It will be hard for us but the long term outcome will be a benefit, just like other wars.
    luke88 wrote:
    The general definiton of the war on terror is ridding islamic terrorism, which can be found in London, New York, Sudan, Israel, Iraq, palestine, Iran, Pakistam, Afganistan, Russia, Bali, Kenya... all these acts were performed under a general ideology which is to kill innocents, spread their facist ideology. The war on terror is to prevent this anymore. It will be hard for us but the long term outcome will be a benefit, just like other wars.

I asked what you thought "War on terror" meant... not the definition of it.

So the war on terror is not against all terrorism, just the islamic portion of it???
    migpilot wrote:
    I asked what you thought "War on terror" meant... not the definition of it.

So the war on terror is not against all terrorism, just the islamic portion of it???
    That is My definition. The current response to terrorism is targeting islamic terrorism.
    migpilot wrote:

Religion is very important to muslims. For them to commit such an act, surely they must believe in a higher right and that their actions will be welcomed by Allah?

And how is that different to putting on a costume(say khaki in colour), grabbing a gun and being prepared to kill AND DIE for " your country" ?