Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Fringes.

2»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    The cow licked me too ;(. Although not too badly, cause it still does what it's meant to *sometimes*.

I do have one where the guy in that picture has them though. So annoying it is :(.

I have a fringe-ish. Emo one. Lolz. I like it though. It stops anyone seeing the spots on the top of my head :D.
    I look utterly ridiculous WITHOUT a fringe. Spose it just depends on the person really. Plus nothing short of a full scale miracle would make me look 6 again tbh!
    i didnt want a blunt straight-across fringe so i have a short side fringe thing. sometiems i have problems managing it tho because i have thick hair so at the moment i'm growing it out a little until i decide what to do.
    i have a very blunt straight across fringe - and have done since i was about 4 :yes: i think i would look sooo odd if i was to get rid of it..

plus the skin on my forehead isnt so good so i would hate to have that on display all the time!!
    soraliah wrote:
    i have a very blunt straight across fringe - and have done since i was about 4 :yes: i think i would look sooo odd if i was to get rid of it..

plus the skin on my forehead isnt so good so i would hate to have that on display all the time!!

the skin on your forehead would probably clear up a bit if you wore your fringe back for a while so you can get some air to it and your hair isn't constantly touching it.
    Miffy wrote:
    I look utterly ridiculous WITHOUT a fringe. Spose it just depends on the person really. Plus nothing short of a full scale miracle would make me look 6 again tbh!

Same here.
    the skin on your forehead would probably clear up a bit if you wore your fringe back for a while so you can get some air to it and your hair isn't constantly touching it.
    Yep. When I had a fringe, my forehead was permanently spotty. Now I've not got a fringe, I'm totally spot free.
    Too much heat, sweat and dirt hiding under hot hair. yum. lol.
    Carolina wrote:
    The cow only licked one side of me :( One side of my hair is fine but the other side always without fail goes into a wierd curlie cowlick type thing.
    Same with me, I use to have a fringe when i was younger and it was either a extremly high bobbed kinda fringe thing or, all of it swept to one side.

I would love to have a fringe but i no it will mess up, and would have to pay loads of money on creams and stuff to keep it down (which will only last about 5 mintues). If i ever find that cow, i will kill it with a rusty spoon :grump:

hrmm very true :chin:
    may try keeping it back for a while to see if my skin clears up a bit. heres to hoping!
    I had a fringe cut in a few years back. I couldn't decide whether it would look good on me though & was wary of regretting it. But I had a couple of fake clip in fringes, one of which was black, & I had black hair at the time, so I put it in & used a black hairband to cover the join & hold it in properly. Then I took some photos on my brother's crappy webcam (good enough that you could see how the hair looked but blurry enough that you couldn't see the join. Then I posted the pics on my LJ & put it to a vote amongst my friends.
    I've never seen clip in fringes before.
    lea_uk wrote:
    I've never seen clip in fringes before.
    Most sites selling fake hair sell them. I got mine on Ebay.
    I actually wussed out at the last minute and went for a side fringe. But I like it, and think I might trim it into full fringe at some point :)

It definitely makes my head look less scrawny. Win!
    Let's see then! :hyper:
    \
    I'd like to see too.
    kaffrin wrote:

So, general fringe discussion: Go!

I got a fringe cut today and I LOVE it. Haven't had a fringe for nearly 10 years, but it really makes my eyes stand out (and covers up frown lines).

It's quite a full fringe, cut just above my eyebrows.

Am going to do 60s style eye make up tonight to celebrate. I would post a before/after pic but as I'm posting at the gym I can't.
    c'mon pussykatty and kaff, show us yer new barnets!
    Well mine can't be called new seeing as I had the fringe cut in several years back, & it's grown out now, but I figured I'd post pics anyway:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v185/Crowmaiden/photos/me/MVC-004F.jpg
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v185/Crowmaiden/photos/me/PinkHairAtPersecution.jpg
    Well mine can't be called new seeing as I had the fringe cut in several years back, & it's grown out now, but I figured I'd post pics anyway:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v185/Crowmaiden/photos/me/MVC-004F.jpg
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v185/Crowmaiden/photos/me/PinkHairAtPersecution.jpg

ooer you have pink hair.
    ignore
    is that a wig?
    Ok, have a pic, but excuse shitty 'it's sunday, so sod makeup and scrape hair back' look, and also outrageous roots - they're being sorted later :yes:
    hmm.jpg 21.5K
    kaffrin wrote:
    Ok, have a pic, but excuse shitty 'it's sunday, so sod makeup and scrape hair back' look, and also outrageous roots - they're being sorted later :yes:

kaff, if I could pull off the 'it's sunday, so sod makeup and scrape hair back' look at well as you have on that, I'd be a happy bunny! Fit. And a fit fringe.
    This is the fringe I'm after infact I want her hair but I'm not changing my colour hehe.
    kaff, if I could pull off the 'it's sunday, so sod makeup and scrape hair back' look at well as you have on that, I'd be a happy bunny! Fit. And a fit fringe.

Thank you. :heart:

The wonders of slightly fuzzy photography, and having hair that covers your 'make up remover??!?' eyes ;)
    kaffrin wrote:

looks good!
    is that a wig?
    Mine? Nah. I wear a lot of wigs cos it's fun to be able to change whenever you feel like it, but that's my own hair. It's red now though. I really only went pink cos I chose the dye at random in the shop.