Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

So, honestly...

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I tried. I really did try over the last year. I went to counseling, I tried anti-depressants, I went to CBT groups. And nothings changed. No new friends. No hint of any kind of relationship with a girl. I'm just stuck in the same place I was last year.

The only way I can make a change is suicide. But I'm not at that point yet. Just seems that I'm only dragging on a completely pointless life...
    you guys have to understand, lifeless didnt start out in this position and it's due to whats happened. im sure you guys have been in the same position but not everyones the same and sometimes what you do just isnt enough.

i wish i could explain it better but ive never been much of a debater.

and lifeless, please try not to have suicidal thoughts. its a drag.
    hazell wrote:
    you guys have to understand, lifeless didnt start out in this position and it's due to whats happened..

Actually "us guys" don't have to understand anything. Yeah, he may have had bad things happen to him, but if that's the case he needs to accept those things, realise that not everyone in the entire world is like that, and move forwards.

lifeless wrote:
    Nodbody else seems to get how hard everything is...

No, people do "get" it, they are just saying that it's not helping to keep dwelling on it. Sooner or later you have to accept that what has happened has happened.
    Mist wrote:
    Actually "us guys" don't have to understand anything.

ok, so why are you posting. for a larf?

look, lifeless knows he's not perfect and he has tried but sometimes its just too much. that's all i'm saying. lay off him.
    hazell wrote:

ok, so why are you posting. for a larf?

How do you even figure that out? I'm saying that it's not "us guys" who need to change. We're not the ones posting asking for advice, if that's even what lifeless is doing.
    look, lifeless knows he's not perfect and he has tried but sometimes its just too much. that's all i'm saying. lay off him.

What do you mean "lay off"? People aren't attacking him, they are explaining how he appears to the outside world.

I really don't see what is expected out of this thread. People are telling lifeless what he needs to do, and he is saying he either can't or won't do those things. Well, what can we do about that?
    Mist wrote:
    How do you even figure that out? I'm saying that it's not "us guys" who need to change.

i didnt say anything about changing.
    Mist wrote:
    What do you mean "lay off"? People aren't attacking him, they are explaining how he appears to the outside world.

i think people are attacking him. read some posts.

also, i'm the outside world and therefore your arguement falls down. eveyones different and if you see him like that then fair enough. but not everyone does.
    hazell wrote:
    i didnt say anything about changing.

You said "you guys have to understand". This is suggesting that we don't already understand, and that "us guys" some how need to change that.

i think people are attacking him. read some posts.

I have read the posts, and I think people are being harsh but fair. If it's interpreted as being an attack then that's not just down to the person who says it.
    also, i'm the outside world and therefore your arguement falls down. eveyones different and if you see him like that then fair enough. but not everyone does.

My argument, if indeed there is one, does not fall down just because you (as an individual) think differently to other people. If anything, that helps to illustrate what I am saying - people reading this thread are going to post things according to how they see lifeless coming across, based on what he says here. If a number of people aren't finding what he says particularly agreeable, then that's not their fault.
    This is so funny, i make a few comments and it gets him riled enough for another 5 pages. Classic.

Anyway we've been through this like pages ago, it's not our fault you can't get laid. Your attitude towards women is pathetic, and quite honestly extremely odd. As someone said, i've never known someone with such a big chip on their shoulder.

As for not helping, there was plenty of help given when you were asking for help. Any other comments only came when you started slagging off every girl alive. As fun as that is, your views on the female population are totally skewy. There are definitely loud girls that are slutty bitches (like me :D), but there are loud girls that aren't. I've known quiet girls that are sluts and a few that when they grow in confidence are complete bitches. It's like saying all loud blokes are wankers. Some are, some aren't. Either way i'm sure you don't know enough of either to make such a sweeping generalisation.

Obviously you've been bullied by loud girls at school or something, or been rejected by one. If you have you really need to move on from that before you get totally consumed by hate. No girl will want a bloke like you. Well the you at the moment, in fact i'd probably cross the road to avoid you. Sort it out.
    Mist wrote:
    You said "you guys have to understand". This is suggesting that we don't already understand, and that "us guys" some how need to change that.

I have read the posts, and I think people are being harsh but fair. If it's interpreted as being an attack then that's not just down to the person who says it.

My argument, if indeed there is one, does not fall down just because you (as an individual) think differently to other people. If anything, that helps to illustrate what I am saying - people reading this thread are going to post things according to how they see lifeless coming across, based on what he says here. If a number of people aren't finding what he says particularly agreeable, then that's not their fault.

i never said it was. you said it's how he appears to the outside world imlying everyone whos not him, but thats not true. i was giving an example of someone in the outside world who agrees with some of what he says.

anyway, enough of semantics, if you don't agree with his attitude, fair enough, but it just seems some posts arent very encouraging when they say stuff like stop moaning.
    hazell wrote:
    some posts arent very encouraging when they say stuff like stop moaning.

Encouraging or not, that's really what he needs to do.
    i think the point is no girl wants him anyway.

and are sensitive subjects always tread with disdain in your world?
    hazell wrote:

Rubbish. There's loads of girls in the world. This is just defeatist nonsense. Once he's asked every single girl in the world then he could claim such a thing. I think that the point is more likely to be that his hostile attitude is preventing him from even meeting them.
    and are sensitive subjects always tread with disdain in your world?

Unless you're a space alien, we inhabit the same world, and subjects are dealt with in the same way as ever. Why you would have an argument with me I do not know, it sure isn't going to help anyone.
    Mist wrote:
    Rubbish. There's loads of girls in the world. This is just defeatist nonsense. Once he's asked every single girl in the world then he could claim such a thing. I think that the point is more likely to be that his hostile attitude is preventing him from even meeting them.

well, that's his point and i know how he feels regarding that.
    Mist wrote:
    Unless you're a space alien, we inhabit the same world, and subjects are dealt with in the same way as ever. Why you would have an argument with me I do not know, it sure isn't going to help anyone.

the same way? is that your way? people have different ways of coping, it doesnt look like you can see that. i don't agree with what all of lifeless is saying but i can understand it.

if you think i'm having an argument with you, i do't think i am, i just dont agree with you. explain how to deal with that.
    Yay! Someone here actually understands! :yippe:
    hazell wrote:

That's it exactly! I asked out loads of girls back when I had self-esteem they all had the same outcome. I even had one girl literally run away from me just because I tried talking to her! Although, that was back in school and I was classed as "weird". :chin:

Most of you have/had relationships. You have the possibility of relationships in the future. I don't think you can really understand what it feels like to have zero interest from the opposite sex. I've never had anyone attracted to me and I don't see anyone in the future being attracted to me. And having that part of life denied to me is really damaging.

So, I really don't know what I'm gonna do...
    Lifeless wrote:
    I've never had anyone attracted to me and I don't see anyone in the future being attracted to me. And having that part of life denied to me is really damaging.

So, I really don't know what I'm gonna do...

Don't think like that. Don't mean to sound harsh or anything, but you think like that, no-one will want you.
    Lifeless are you like really ugly or something?
    LacyMay wrote:
    Lifeless are you like really ugly or something?

That's the weird thing. I might be plain looking but I wouldn't say ugly and on good days I think I look pretty damn good, I'm not over weight and I'm 6"2'. Although I am a tad pale.

I guess none of that matters though... :chin:
    Sofie wrote:
    Don't think like that. Don't mean to sound harsh or anything, but you think like that, no-one will want you.

No-one wants me anyway, so...
    Lifeless wrote:
    That's the weird thing. I might be plain looking but I wouldn't say ugly and on good days I think I look pretty damn good, I'm not over weight and I'm 6"2'. Although I am a tad pale.

I guess none of that matters though... :chin:

LacyMay wrote:
    You should show me a pic, if your fit i'll fuck you :p

If only things were that simple. :D

Infinite, I do understand what your saying but its hard to override experience.
    Lifeless wrote:

Infinite, I do understand what your saying but its hard to override experience.

I know. I really do.

But if you don't try, who the fuck will?

There's way too much life to be lived.
    Lifeless wrote:

In my life everythings that simple. I don't think too much.
    LacyMay wrote:
    In my life everythings that simple. I don't think too much.

Man, I wish I could do that. I'm always thinking. My mind seems to just go round & round jumping from one thing to another. Sometimes it can be really distracting.
    Lifeless wrote:

Only if you carry on with your current attitude.
    Yoga - that's what you need.
    Lifeless wrote:
    Man, I wish I could do that. I'm always thinking. My mind seems to just go round & round jumping from one thing to another. Sometimes it can be really distracting.
    LacyMay wrote:

Wait, what?! :eek:

But I thought I was all scary and stuff. ;)
  • **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    LacyMay wrote:

This is exactly the kind of comment we DONT want on these boards - even in jest. It's bound to confuse people and gives mixed messages about what's acceptable and what's not. If you want to look at pics of each other head over to the picture thread.
    LacyMay wrote:

if only real life were like that.
    **Helen** wrote:
    This is exactly the kind of comment we DONT want on these boards - even in jest. It's bound to confuse people and gives mixed messages about what's acceptable and what's not. If you want to look at pics of each other head over to the picture thread.

I think your underestimating the intelligence of most posters on these boards. No one for a minute thought my comment was serious.
    LacyMay wrote:
    I think your underestimating the intelligence of most posters on these boards. No one for a minute thought my comment was serious.
    No, but it becomes very hard to ban all the a/s/l trollers if you're doing the same thing.