Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

FAO those who think Israel's actions have been justified & proportioned

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    turlough wrote:
    Doesn't anyone else here think it's strange that wherever Jews go as a group they get kicked out from wherever they are. I'm sure they're alright individually but in a group, they are dangerous.
    And you call me an idiot? :hyper: :crazyeyes
  • Options
    seeker wrote:
    Woe betide anyone who dares to question COLLECTIVISM.

Are you on crack?

*worried*
  • Options
    luke88 wrote:
    And you call me an idiot? :hyper: :crazyeyes
    I want your babies.
  • Options
    If you bothered to actually research the subject or even bother reading the references I posted earlier, you'd discover that the oft touted mainstream claim that Hezbollah and Hamas deliberately target civilians is actually a long contrivance of Israeli state and military filtered media PR, duly disseminated without an ounce of investigative verification by mainstream corporate collusionist media (BBC included). You might try reading HRW's own analysis on the subject which indicates no solid proof that Hezbollah has ever intentional targetted civilians.

So "suicide" bombs are only aimed at the military then, are they?

Do you condemn any deliberate attack on civillians? It really is a simple yes/no question here Clan. There really isn't need for an essay, there isn't any need to reword the question either.
    What you persist in refusing to acknowledge is that this has ever been a conflict initiated and perpetuated by Zionist colonialist/expanisionist militant ideological intent and ever characterised by completely anti-Arab myth to the Western public by the Israeli state and its corporate media cohorts. Whether you wish to wake up and smell the lies or not, this has been the underlying reality for more than half a century.

It was initiated for sure, but perpetuated? I think not, at least not on their own
    They were villified according to exactly the same principle for daring to fight back against the institutionalised tyranny and expansionistic ethnocidal agenda of prevailing Nazi-state. Given the number of times the notion of principle has to be emphasized in response to you, it appears you do not really comprehend the concept.

The principle here is about targetting of civillians, not one of fighting against a tyrannical regime. The two are not the same.
    That said, neither has Hamas/Hezbollah, but Israel/the IDF has and does by clearly empirically verifiable fact.

I had you down as an apologist. This suggests that you are in fact denying that Hamas/Hezbollah have ever targetted civillians. Am I right in believing that?
    Condemnation of Israel is entirely consistent in principle with both international law and sound moral precepts.

I never questioned that. For someone who "reads" you seem to stryggle with my comments - as I have said before. Although you'd know that if you actually read what I write and not what you think I write.

My question was whether it is right to condemn Israel for their actions when ignoring those of Hamas/Hezbollah or in your case denying that they even happen.
    What matter who bankrolls Hamas/Hezbollah? Why should Iran/Syria be deemed evil for supporting the rightful resistance of those Israel has ever deemed subhuman and worthy of ethnocidal slughter and physical dispossession?

So you argue that it is acceptable for a nation state to fund an organisation who deliberately kill civillians?

Yet not okay for the nation state to do it themselves?
    Do you not support the right of an oppressed people to fight back against their oppressors?

"Do you not" = bad grammar ;)

Yes, I support the right of oppressed people to fight back against their oppressors.
    I say it's you who displays the true double standard and apologetic for evil.

So when I write, "I condemn Israel's action", am I not being clear enough for you??
    I am Anti-Zionist

So you claim, but your apparent suggestion that Israeli civillians are legitimate targets for Hamas/Hezbollah whilst condemning Israel for killing Palestinians civillians would suggest otherwise...

I've said before and I say again, your comments sail very close to the wind and whilst it is easy to be labelled anti-Jew when you are anti-Zionist, it is also easy to hide behind the anti-Zionist tag when you are in fact much more prejudiced than that.
    The only ones who stand guilty of double standards are those who claim to value democratic principle and yet continue to make any excuse whatsoever for a tyrannical murderous group exceptionalist apartheid state like Israel.

Please, where have I excused Israeli actions?

I know that I shouldn't question your immense intellect, o wise one, but you seem to struggle with a simple concept. It is possible to explain why someone does something without actually making excuses, condoning or justifying those actions. I could tell you why adults have sex with under 16's but that doesn't mean that I condone paedophilia FFS
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    migpilot wrote:
    Not disputing their good intentions.
    But there ain't enough of them there to be a force in front of the IDF. One Super Eagle sortie can take them all out.

Perhaps because they don't yet have any WEAPONS?

If the Chinese sent an armed battalion along, though. *meheheheh*
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote:
    Are you on crack?

*worried*

:confused::confused:
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    Doesn't anyone else here think it's strange that wherever Jews go as a group they get kicked out from wherever they are. I'm sure they're alright individually but in a group, they are dangerous.

What anti-Semitic bollocks. You really are a nasty piece of shit.

'wherever Jews go as a group they get kicked out from"
    Jews were readmitted under Oliver Cromwell in 1656. (Jews weren't kicked out in ensuing years). This year marks the 350th anniversary of the readmission of Jews to Britain. Jews 'as a group' who went to America mainly from Europe and Russia were never 'kicked out.' Are you ignorant as well as thick?
  • Options
    Are you ignorant as well as thick?

Ignorant means thick dumbass.
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    Ignorant means thick dumbass.
    ig·no·rant P Pronunciation Key (gnr-nt)
    adj.
    1. Lacking education or knowledge.
    2. Showing or arising from a lack of education or knowledge: an ignorant mistake.
    3. Unaware or uninformed.

thick
    Informal. Lacking mental agility; stupid.

It's perfectly possible to be 3, unaware and uninformed of something without being thick.
  • Options
    It's perfectly possible to be 3, unaware and uninformed of something without being thick.

Ah but you didn't mean it in that context and you know it.
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    Ah but you didn't mean it in that context and you know it.

I actually did mean it in that context. Your comments regarding Jews/Judaism show that you're very ignorant (or uninformed) about such matters.
  • Options
    I actually did mean it in that context. Your comments regarding Jews/Judaism show that you're very ignorant (or uninformed) about such matters.

Ok, you win as usual, now gotta leave, got my latest KKK rally to attend. :wave:
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    Ok, you win as usual, now gotta leave, got my latest KKK rally to attend. :wave:
    turlough wrote:

You expressed a very disturbing and extreme view, saying you get 'carried away' and a mild apology doesn't really excuse it. (Unless you admit that saying Jews are dangerous in a group is offensive and untrue?)

Tbh I'm pretty surprised at the silence of other posters on this thread, Luke is flamed for anything remotely critical of the immigration system...

To hold such a view anyway I think one has to be pretty unhinged. It assumes Jews collectively have some kind of single agenda making them dangerous...which is so far-fetched, discredited and false.

Have you met anybody who is Jewish?

Edit: Your signature
    IT'S ABOUT TIME PEOPLE REALISE THAT THE HOLOCAUST DOESN'T GIVE YOU A FREE HAND FOR THE REST OF ETERNITY!

I do not think it is fair to directly link the Holocaust, an evil crime targeted against various groups but largely against the Jewish people to the actions of the State of Israel. (I assume that is what you are referring to or is it about some 'dangerous' aspect of Jews 'in groups'?) The State of Israel does not necessarily have the unconditional support of Holocaust survivors and many Israelis and their families; Ethiopian Israelis and Jews in Israel who fled to Israel when they were exiled from the Arab world were not affected by the Holocaust).
  • Options

Yep. My best friend's cat is a Jew. I'd like to leave this discussion please, I don't wanna get in more trouble with the mods.
  • Options
    (Unless you admit that saying Jews are dangerous in a group is offensive and untrue?)

Yes, it's offensive and untrue.
  • Options
    turlough wrote:

Hows that funny? :rolleyes:

Disillusioned, Clandestine, Blagsta, you seem easily sucked in into childish name calling and "I'm rubber, you're glue" type of posts. Thought you were more mature than that.
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    Yes, it's offensive and untrue.

Fair enough. I'm happy to leave this discussion too.
  • Options
    Tbh I'm pretty surprised at the silence of other posters on this thread, Luke is flamed for anything remotely critical of the immigration system...

It's cos we're all paid up members of the KKK. Come on dis, use your brain a little. Its perfectly obvious turlough was pissed and trolling - he does it all the time. Anyway, how do you know people didn't report the post?
  • Options
    migpilot wrote:
    Hows that funny? :rolleyes:

Disillusioned, Clandestine, Blagsta, you seem easily sucked in into childish name calling and "I'm rubber, you're glue" type of posts. Thought you were more mature than that.

Nope. You smell of wee.
  • Options
    OK this is funny and all :rolleyes: but lets get back on track, shall we?
  • Options

Has anyone ?
  • Options
    seeker wrote:
    Has anyone ?

What the hell are you on about now?
  • Options
    Renzo wrote:
    What the hell are you on about now?
    Guess...

clue: think Klintock
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote:
    Guess...
    clue: think Klintock

I gathered.
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    seeker wrote:
    Has anyone ?

Many times. What, do you live in a small padded cell and they don't let you out or something?
    Nope. You smell of wee.

:lol:

Anyway, back on track with thread please ladies.
    *sigh*
    Bastards just won't stop. Hezbollah continue in vein thier retaliation - they will never be able to do the amount of damage back that has been done to Lebanon. If only both sides would stop being such cunts to each other. Israel however, continues to make no moves towards this.

And of all people, who would expect Russia to be the one calling a for a truce to end the bloodshed? It's the right idea though. Good fucking luck getting Israel to agree, though.
  • Options
    Doesn't anyone else here think it's strange that wherever Jews go as a group they get kicked out from wherever they are. I'm sure they're alright individually but in a group, they are dangerous./

Why havent you been banned yet you disgusting little shit?
  • Options
    Why havent you been banned yet you disgusting little shit?

Same could be said for yourself?
  • Options
    Same could be said for yourself?/

Er. I'm not a rascist anti-semitic nutbar, unlike you.
  • Options
    Why don't you fuck off. I don't want this discussion to continue further so go away please!
  • Options
    HAHAHA.

I have to laugh at you maddog. I could imagine you sitting there rotto typing that.hahahahahahah.