Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Would you sell your hair?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
If you were offered like £1,000 for your hair - would you sell it (assuming you got long hair to begin with)?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    All of it? Like shave it all off? Dont think so no, some of it maybe but not all of it.
    yes . Definitely.

My hairs proably not long enough tho.
    Yep. No hesitation - buzz cut and everything. It'll grow back.
    Depends how much they offered me, £1000 no.
    nope
    how long does hair need to be before its worth selling?

I am interested actually, and i think i look pretty hot with the belsen look goin` on.
    Depends on the amount of money on offer really. Think I would rather donate it to a charity though, like the ones that make wigs for children with cancer, much better than getting money for it imo
  • JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    I don't have enough hair to sell :D
    \
    To be honest, I'd probably do it for charity too. I'd look stupid bald, but I have lots of hats, I can knit, and I'd look awesome in this:

hallowigBEAUTY.jpg

My doctor once told me he thought I'd look good with a shaved head and I was a bit worried what he was going to say next... :nervous:
    now THATS sexy.
    If i shaved my hair off and it was winter (which it WAS when i did shave it off :rolleyes: ) the I would actually wear a hat like that. I like it.
    £1k - :no:
    £5k - :no:
    £1million - :yes:
    my hair is probably my best feature :p
    I've thought about it before... if someone offered me the money then I'd probably just go for it. It's only hair, it's in its nature to grow back :)
    I wouldnt. Its probably the only thing i actually like about my appearance.

I would for a million though.
    kaffrin wrote:
    To be honest, I'd probably do it for charity too. I'd look stupid bald, but I have lots of hats, I can knit, and I'd look awesome in this:

hallowigBEAUTY.jpg

That's so cute!
    Yeah it would grow back. And i really could do with £1000 to pay off my overdraft.
    No. My hair's past my elbows and it's taken many years of effort to grow it that long, it's my best feature.

5 Million, and I'd consider it.
    id never shave of my hair, maybe for millions like others have said but otherwise no. i love my hair way too much
    Id probably do it for a hundred!
    Id probably do it for a hundred!

I'd definitely consider it :yes:

The only person I have to impress is Mr. Kaff, and he's said before he wouldn't care. In fact, he'd probably prefer it, as it would mean he didn't inhale my hair when we fall asleep hugging :thumb:
  • littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    I'd do it, no problem.

However, not sure if they'd want it though ... my hair is in shocking condition.
    Maybe but I think I would get dumped...
    It depends on the cirmstance.

A few years ago my sister had very long hair, she cut it real short and had the rest of it donated to a place that makes free wigs for people going thru kemo.

I would definatly do that. I'm not sure about shaving my head just for money though.
    I'd sell mine, easy. It's only hair, isn't it? It grows... that's what it does!
    I really don't think I could have it shaved.

At uni I saw a lass go up on stage and have her head shaved. I think she'd already raised a grand or so through sponsorship, and doubled it on the night or something ridiculous. Her hair was really, really long and you could hear all the lasses in the audience gasping as it was shaved off. She pulled it off quite well, actually. I think I'd look ridiculous, my face would look all fat and chubby ;(
    for a good cause, definitely. id quite like to see what i look like with no hair!
    I would definitely do it. I hate my hair, it's thick and wavy and no matter what I do, it still sits there like a bush on top of my head looking stupid. So it would be the only good thing my hair has ever done for me :D