Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

What's the best thing to do?

On Sunday I met someone and we exchanged MSN addresses. I spoke to him last night and he told me that he fancied me. He then asked if we could meet up and I said yes. But now I'm not so sure. He asked me when I was likely to be online most evenings and I said usually about 6 (it does vary alot though) At one point, he was asking me loads of personal questions - mainly about sex and stuff I wouldn't normally talk to my friends. (or anyone in general, for that matter)

Now, it seems like he just wants attention from me all the time. It sounds like he's really into me, but I'm not interested in him at all. He always asks me what I'm doing, what site I'm on and stuff like that.

How exactly do I tell him that I'm not interested in him at all?

BTW, he's 28 & I'm 17.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Tell him where to go! If you dont like him, you shouldnt have gave him your details in the first place.
  • Options
    He was alright at first, but he just seems so clingy.
  • Options
    \
  • Options
    Yeah, I have to agree with the above post.
    Ya have to be firm with him by telling him you're not interested in him like that and most likely will have to block him.

So just block the bugger and move on.
  • Options
    sophia wrote:
    Be brutal. I've learned to my cost that with a certain type of male, letting them down gently doesn't work, being cool and polite and distant doesn't work, and the only thing that works is outright honesty: "I'm sorry but I'm just not interested in you in that way, and I don't think there's any point in continuing the friendship if you're hoping for something more, as I'm not going to change my mind".

And then block him on your MSN.

so basically, if I have to, I should be rude?
  • Options
    Hes just after an ego boost i expect.
  • Options
    \
  • Options
    sophia wrote:
    He hasn't got your mobile number or anything has he?

F.ck He has my mobile number, but thankfully doesn't have my address. when we were talking about meeting up last night, he did ask if we could meet at my house. I did tell him that wouldn't be possible because mum would be working Friday night. (whether that's true or not, I don't actually know)
  • Options
    \
  • Options
    Failing that, get your best looking male friend to pull you in front of him. Cruel? Perhaps, but it'll get the message across.
  • Options
    I'd just block him but that's me
  • Options
    Can you block his mobile number as well as his MSN?

If not and you have to talk to him why not tell him you think he's too old for you?
  • Options
    jsut avoid all his call, un known numbers and with held numbers til it dies down. I am the professional of avoidance!
  • Options
    Just tell him how it is.
  • Options
    As a man I can tell you the far obvious: He wants to tap you.

If you don't like the thought then keeping contact with him sounds like a conflict of expectations.

Let him know the tough way (not insulting him or anything), just like Sophia said, don't let a loophole open for him that he still thinks that there is any chance for him.
  • Options
    LeedsLad wrote:
    Can you block his mobile number as well as his MSN?

If not and you have to talk to him why not tell him you think he's too old for you?

I know I can block his MSN, but don't know about his mobile number.
  • Options
    Sofie wrote:
    I know I can block his MSN, but don't know about his mobile number.
    if he calls just don't answer - he'll get the message eventually
  • Options
    Had a look on Google about blocking mobile numbers - there is a way of doing this. apparantely I just have to ask my provider about this and they should do it for me.
  • Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    i agree with everyone else, just tell him straight, some lads just dont get the message if you try to soften it. best just to say tra, and be done!
  • Options
    Sounds like a weirdo to me.
  • Options
    Sofie wrote:
    Had a look on Google about blocking mobile numbers - there is a way of doing this. apparantely I just have to ask my provider about this and they should do it for me.

It sounds like you are over reacting to me, you don't even know if hes gonna bother contacting you once he actually knows. Just tell him and take it from there.
  • Options
    Tweety wrote:
    It sounds like you are over reacting to me

You mean if you were 17, you'd be okay with a 28 year old man asking you about sex and relationships?
  • Options
    Sofie wrote:
    You mean if you were 17, you'd be okay with a 28 year old man asking you about sex and relationships?
    No i would tell him i am not interested.
  • Options
    He sounds like a pathetic man who doesn't know how to deal with women, to be quite honest. He doesn't sound like an evil stalker, but he does seem very clingy, and I'm not surprised you want rid.

Don't be nasty, but be firm and blunt. It's the only way to make these people see it how it is.
  • Options
    Thanks Kermit. I did text him earlier and told him that I don't think it's a good idea for us to meet up. He then replied with - That's nice! Why do u say that?
  • Options
    \
  • Options
    he must be able to take bad news pretty well...

but seriously, I would cut all ties with him because hes 28 going after a 17 year old, thats just not right.

I agree to be nice about it but if he won't listen, Id give your local bill a ring a ding ding and see if they can convince him...