Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Weird dreams when dieting.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I keep dreaming about bread???? :(

Anyone else have any strange dreams whilst dieting?

Comments

• Options
    Never been on a diet so I wouldn't know, but I get awfully weird dreams when I'm on painkillers.

Like real weird ones.

The most recent being, There was nothing strange about the dream itself, just some day with some things going on, but at the end of the dream a person would die. I'd wake up from the dream for literally about 2 minutes. I'd fall back to sleep, have the exact same dream, with one slight thing changed, in the end somebody would die. In the dream I knew I would keep having the dream until I changed the right thing so that everybody lived. It was only one night but I had that sequence of dreams a good 6 or 7 times. But I was sick with strep and I could not keep myself awake when I woke up. So I just kept having the dream, over and over :\

I don't remember if I ever figured it out in the end to have everybody live... probably not.
  • Options
    When i have little naps i always have strange dreams and they are always really vivid
  • Options
    I live for food when I'm on a diet, so i probably do dream about it.
  • Options
    I have dreams about chain smoking and pyramids of lager at the moment :p
  • Options
    When i was on, i think, Sustiva, an HIV medication i didn't have weird but incredibly vivid dreams. I dreamt once that someone was knocking on my door so went running down to answer it starkers (n ot a pretty sight) at 4am. Another time i dreamt i was fighting with someone and 'punched out' in my sleep and broke a pint glass of squash on the bedside table :)
  • Options
    briggi wrote:
    I have dreams about chain smoking and pyramids of lager at the moment :p

:lol:

I was looking round my computer then for a picture of me with a fag in one hand and a pint in the other! Although Im at work, so I dont tend to keep many of them laying around! :razz:
  • Options
    JamesZero wrote:
    I was looking round my computer then for a picture of me with a fag in one hand and a pint in the other! Although Im at work, so I dont tend to keep many of them laying around! :razz:

:impissed:

I wouldn't have posted any such picture if I were you, anyway... I'd be inclined to scratch your eyes out :p
  • Options
    RubberSkin wrote:
    When i was on, i think, Sustiva, an HIV medication i didn't have weird but incredibly vivid dreams. I dreamt once that someone was knocking on my door so went running down to answer it starkers (n ot a pretty sight) at 4am. Another time i dreamt i was fighting with someone and 'punched out' in my sleep and broke a pint glass of squash on the bedside table :)

Did you get wet? lol
  • Options
    briggi wrote:
    :impissed:

I wouldn't have posted any such picture if I were you, anyway... I'd be inclined to scratch your eyes out :p

:nervous:

Every time I drink or smoke now im going to be watching my back!! :p
  • Options
    My grandma told me, when she was on Paxil, she'd have very odd dreams. People would come and visit her at night, she could see herself sleeping, and she'd just kind of float above chilling with these people.

She said when she stopped the medication, the dreams stopped and she got a bit lonley at night :p
  • Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    i always have odd dreams no matter whether im on medication or a diet! im just odd all year round!
  • Options
    the dreams you have the day after taking lsd are amazing!!

i had a lucid dream the other week, it was really cool, i could fly :D
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I rarely have a dream that doesn't fall under the definition of "weird"... And they always feel real. Even when I dream of a girl who's lost half her soul and I have to chase it around the city, it feels real.