You may be asked to reset your password when you try to login. This is part of a system update and is genuine, so it's safe to go ahead and do that. If you no longer have access to the email address you used to register, please email us at [email protected] rather than creating a new account. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Bra Straps

2»

Comments

  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,328 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Ohh my current pet hate with bra's are those ones with the stupid see through straps on them - that people wear because they think that noone will notice they are wearing a bra when in reality the straps turn yellow after the first wear and are just sooo obvious.

    You see people wearing them with strapless tops and feel like hitting them.

    When i was at school everyone used to wear black bra's or another bright colour under their white school shirts specifically because people could see them. But then we were all very odd at schol - i remember we tried to see who could get away with wearing the longest skirts as well - the cooler you were the longer your skirt was and the higher (or more over the knee) your socks..............
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,328 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Blah wrote:
    is this acceptible then? the t-shirt has a really wide neck so it cant be avoided. I figured that they are funky straps so why not

    Aye, that would be how I would wear my funky pink bra.

    Personally I give it the :thumb:
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,328 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I disagree, I think it looks nasty. A shirt like that needs a strapless bra.

    As for Wyetry's clear bra strap comment. :thumb:
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,328 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Some tops you should go strapless i think but the rest, so what if you have a little bra showing, i would rather that than someones tits falling out all over the place.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,328 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Wyetry wrote:
    - the cooler you were the longer your skirt was and the higher (or more over the knee) your socks..............

    KHSS would have liked that school :hyper:
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,328 The Mix Honorary Guru
    if you're wearing a wide neck top i think its far sexier to wear a strapless bra because it shows off your collar bone and shoulders more and gives the illusion you're naked underneath.

    also, it doesnt look tacky
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,328 The Mix Honorary Guru
    lipsy wrote:
    surely a black bra under a white top is tarty and is no worse than a white bra under a black top.
    Not if you can't see through the top, and if you can just see the straps.

    I never wear a black bra under white shirts and stuff, just like tank tops and the like, unless I'm wearing a dark top underneath said white shirts.

    And I still say white under black is worse than black under white, imo.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,328 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Blah wrote:
    is this acceptible then? the t-shirt has a really wide neck so it cant be avoided. I figured that they are funky straps so why not

    Yeah that perfectly fine .. although I must say how thin are you cos your bones are showing?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,328 The Mix Honorary Guru
    white bras look crap if you can see the straps. if youre gonna have any stap showing at all it needs to be black or coloured.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,328 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Bra politics are tough. You need to own so many bras: T shirt ones that look smooth through tight tops, sports ones so you don't bounce everywhere when at the gym, sexy ones for when you are trying to impress, strapless ones for certain tops, push up ones for other tops, halterneck ones for other tops, and also in a variety of colours.

    And it's not as though they are cheap either!

    Clear bra straps are horrible. I had some free with a wonderbra (2 for a tenner at Matalan!) and they have gone blue for some reason and look disgusting and dirty.

    On a related topic, I always wash my bras in the washing machine as if I handwash them they never look properly clean. But someone said washing machines can wreck them, is this correct?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,328 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Yeah that perfectly fine .. although I must say how thin are you cos your bones are showing?
    lol
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,328 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Yeah that perfectly fine .. although I must say how thin are you cos your bones are showing?

    im not really *that* thin, just a bit feeble and boney around the shoulder/arm area :p
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,328 The Mix Honorary Guru
    lipsy wrote:
    surely a black bra under a white top is tarty and is no worse than a white bra under a black top.

    :yes: I agree with this...
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,328 The Mix Honorary Guru
    PussyKatty wrote:
    On a related topic, I always wash my bras in the washing machine as if I handwash them they never look properly clean. But someone said washing machines can wreck them, is this correct?
    Yes this is true - it can damage the machine and the bra (especially bad for underwired bras). I always hand wash my bras and they last much longer this way.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,328 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I can't be arsed faffing about hand washing tops. Although I really should since my bras are expensive (oh, I was my boobs were small enough to wear bras from the high street)
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,328 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I'd never handwash my bras. Way too much work. I've always just thrown my bras in with all the rest of my clothes (washer and dryer) and I've never had a problem. Pads are always fine, wires grand... though one time I had a strap come undone, knot itsself up with a pair of jeweld panties and fray itsself to no end... but maybe I didn't want that bra anyway :(:\


    Though surely if your worried you could stick your bras in a bra bag and set your washer to "delicate" Hence the reason for the setting.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,328 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I really like those racing-back type tops but when some people wear them with a normal bra it makes the top look so tacky. its all about the right bra for the right top.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,328 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Blah wrote:
    is this acceptible then? the t-shirt has a really wide neck so it cant be avoided. I figured that they are funky straps so why not
    That looks really pretty, especially because the bra matches the t-shirt.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,328 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Franki wrote:
    I don't mind black bras under white vest tops, where the straps are showing. My BIGGEST EVER NO NO is white bra/black top. My friend did that once and we all went insane at her...she was like "I don't own a black bra" so we pretty much forced her to go out and buy one so that she never made the cardinal sin again.
    Especially if you're going to a club with UV lighting. One of the funniest sights I've ever seen in a club is when the local dodgy rock club decided to install UV lighting (why I don't know - pretty much everyone there just wore band t-shirts & jeans & similar sorts of stuff) & there were all these skater chicks walking round with baggy jeans hanging off their hips & a white thong & bra straps on show. And what shows up REALLY brightly under UV? Yep, white stuff. You could see their underwear from the other side of the club. And of course because it was a dodgy rock club everyone was dressed in dark colours & their underwear was the only white stuff in the place, which only made them more obvious.
Sign In or Register to comment.