Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

1st Week of the season....

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
so how did everyones teams do this weekend (of course not premiership)? good start to the season? dissapointing??

Burnley 2 - 0 QPR

good start, convincing win, QPR need to play better than that or else they will have a tough season.

SAY WE ARE TOP OF LEAGUE SAY WE ARE TOP OF THE LEAGUE!
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    koe_182 wrote:
    so how did everyones teams do this weekend (of course not premiership)? good start to the season? dissapointing??

Burnley 2 - 0 QPR

good start, convincing win, QPR need to play better than that or else they will have a tough season.

SAY WE ARE TOP OF LEAGUE SAY WE ARE TOP OF THE LEAGUE!

It'll be the only time you're there ;)

2-1 win over Burnley. Which is good.

Hopefully we can stuff West Brom tomorrow and sort out that Jason Koumas transfer after it. I've grown to dislike West Brom after all there transfer shinanigans.
    Renzo wrote:
    It'll be the only time you're there ;)

2-1 win over Burnley. Which is good.

Hopefully we can stuff West Brom tomorrow and sort out that Jason Koumas transfer after it. I've grown to dislike West Brom after all there transfer shinanigans.

dude you beat barnsley not us!! big fan are you?
    koe_182 wrote:

:lol::lol::lol:

As for Sunderland; disappointing but not surprising. It's going to get much, much better though. I'm on board with my PMA :thumb:
    we got leicester away tomorrow night!! should be a good game. just hope i can get there in time, not getting out of work till 4.
    koe_182 wrote:
    we got leicester away tomorrow night!! should be a good game. just hope i can get there in time, not getting out of work till 4.

Aye that'll probably be a decent match, shame if you couldn't make it in time. No chance of nicking off early, then?
    briggi wrote:
    Aye that'll probably be a decent match, shame if you couldn't make it in time. No chance of nicking off early, then?

well im finishing at 4 instead of 5:15. so hopefully we can do it. its about 130 miles or so, so shouldnt be a major prob unless we hit some bad traffic. gonna have a go anyway!

the crisp packet stadium is one of my fave grounds.
    That's dedication for ya :D :thumb:
  • littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Hmph. Season started 2 weeks ago :grump:

And we drew with ICT.
    Leeds 1 - 0 Norwich

Good win to start the season off. Apparently we were under the cosh for the first 30 mins but seemed to steady ship and get a goal in front. Give it a few more games and we'll see how season will pan out for us.
    koe_182 wrote:

Fuck. I did that when i woke up. :(

Barnsley yes. We got McPhail of them

They're the same anyway, both oop north and stuff.
    I didnt think any real domestic football started until the Saturday after next?
    Renzo wrote:
    Fuck. I did that when i woke up. :(

Barnsley yes. We got McPhail of them

They're the same anyway, both oop north and stuff.

haha apart from the fact they are yorkshite.
    koe_182 wrote:
    haha apart from the fact they are yorkshite.

As i said its all the North. :P
    Stoke lost 0-1 to bloody Southend, Freddy Eastwood converting the penalty Simmo gave away! Please Pulis make 3 decent signings before the transfer window closes!
    Plymouth drew with Wolves. At half time we were winning and I just had to laugh at a friend of mine who is a Qolves fan...
  • JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Leeds 1 - 0 Norwich

Good win to start the season off. Apparently we were under the cosh for the first 30 mins but seemed to steady ship and get a goal in front. Give it a few more games and we'll see how season will pan out for us.
    I thought we were poor.

Least we won.
    two games into the season for me (glasgow rangers)

still a lot of work to do, in defence especially and we need to do a lot of target practice as we are creating the chances and should of had about 4-5 goals in both in games instead we scraped a 2-1 win over motherwell and were saved by an own goal against dundee united

ah well could be worse could be a celtic fan at the moment,

also well done to hearts hopefully they can make the scottish league a bit more interesting from now on and not die out
    JsT wrote:
    I thought we were poor.

Least we won.
    Well thats the main thing, always a good sign when a team can play poor and still pick up the 3 points. Hopefully I'll get chance to get to Elland Road and have a proper look at the new signings etc. before long.

Did you go to the game?? What did the new boys play like?? Good additions to the team or too early to tell??
  • JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Well thats the main thing, always a good sign when a team can play poor and still pick up the 3 points. Hopefully I'll get chance to get to Elland Road and have a proper look at the new signings etc. before long.

Did you go to the game?? What did the new boys play like?? Good additions to the team or too early to tell??
    Too early to tell.

Hell knows why Kelly is still in the team!
    JsT wrote:
    Too early to tell.

Hell knows why Kelly is still in the team!

i see ian moore got on at the weekend, you'll be going far with players of that class in the team. ha
    Wish i could go to the West Brom game tonight. Its going to be a cracker.
    Renzo wrote:
    Wish i could go to the West Brom game tonight. Its going to be a cracker.

whats the latest on koumas? you gonna get him or what? or not willing to pay the 2m?
    koe_182 wrote:
    whats the latest on koumas? you gonna get him or what? or not willing to pay the 2m?

I reckon it will sort itself out after this game to be honest. West Brom turned down an offer of 1 mil up front, 500k on appearances and 500k on promotion. Money is tight but i really want to get him. Not only for Cardiff, but he won't be fit to play for Wales while he is essentially without a club. He wants to come to Cardiff for sure its just a case of sorting the deal with West Brom.
    1-0 loss at Forest when we should have got a draw, and now we've beaten Bristol City 2-1 at VP.

Good enough start.
    1-1 draw with West Brom. Would like to have beaten them but its still a solid result against a former premiership team.
    I know I support Liverpool, but Ipswich has a special place in my heart, and they lost twice already.

And whats up with Colchester, their attendance tonight was like 4000???
    Stoke beat Derby 2-0. Pericard looking like he's coming good after more fitness, Sweeney a class act down the left.
    1-0 away at leicester for us. cracking game it was, great atmosphere. absolutly fucked this morning tho.

still joint top of league!!!

up the clarets
    Could not have been much better for Forest.:thumb: :D
    Watford played their first home game of the season, a friendly with Italian giants Inter Milan. A lucky draw for them as Watford dominated and conceeded in stoppage time. 1-1.

Bring on the new season.