Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Biggest divorce award in UK...ever

2»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Who are they then?
    that's ridiculous. from what i've read she didn't contribute anything towards him earning his money through his business so why should she be entitled to half of it!

She gave birth to, and raised, his two sons. She stayed at home and looked after his house whilst he went out to work.

Without a stable familial background who's to say that he could have earned what he did?

Marriage is a partnership- it is about co-operation, and what belongs to one partner belongs to both. If you don't like those terms you don't get married.

You cannot define contribution to a marriage in fiscal terms alone, to even attempt to just makes you look like an idiot.
    Kermit wrote:
    If you don't like those terms you don't get married.
    Or get a pre-nup.
    Are we certain she did raise the kids and didnt have a nanny or au pair or whatever? It was proven was it because i am in the dark about it and am curious.
    They didn't always have money.

And besides, it was he who went and fucked his secretary, not the other way around.
    Ha Ha Ha! Amuses me really that it shall cost him so much just because he couldnt keep it zipped up.
    that's ridiculous. from what i've read she didn't contribute anything towards him earning his money through his business so why should she be entitled to half of it!

Read my comments above about how housewives contribute.

I could not work the hours I do, or do the job I do, if my wife wasn't around to look after our children and our house. She does not work herself.

Are you saying that she makes no contribution to our welfare?

I find that offensive, as would she.

You also ignore the marriage vows, this isn't about what is morally right (and morals are subjective anyway) this case was about what was legally right.