Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Help!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Im 21 and i think i might be pregnant.

I am in a relationship with a lovely lad who i have been with for nearly 5 years but im just not sure if i am ready to have children.

I missed a pill (i am on the combined pill) but i remembered that i had forgot it the next day so took the forgotten one along with that days pill.

I was due to come on on Thursday but i came on on Friday but it was really light and i only bled for a couple of days (i normally bleed for about 6 days)

I dont know what to do, help!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Don't worry. It sounds like you aren't pregnant, especially seeing as you had a period, despite it being light.

I miss pills sometimes (bad bad me) and as long as you take it the next day it's not much cause for concern providing you have taken the rest of the packet correctly. The leaflet outlines this. It is better if the pill you missed isn't in the first week of the packet, but really, missing one is not going to harm you. If you realllllly want to put your mind at rest then you could take a pregnancy test but to be honest it sounds like it would be a waste of money.
    Pink Soda wrote:
    but to be honest it sounds like it would be a waste of money.

:no: Peace of mind is never a waste of money.
    Tweety wrote:
    :no: Peace of mind is never a waste of money.
    ditto.
    Id do a pregnancy test if I were you. You can get them cheaply in poundland and wilkinsons and they work exactly the same as more expensive ones. Theyre not any less sensitive at all. Its worth it to put your mind at rest, as you can sometimes get a light implantation bleed just before your period is due. Its probably not that, but I would definitely test, being that it was so much lighter than your regular periods.
    Thanks people, i have just got a test but im not sure when to do it:confused:

Its the First Response one and it says it can be used just 4 days before your missed period but as ive just had one (well kind of) when should i do it?
    I think you should be fine to do it now - as that seems to indicate that it will show you weather your pregnant before your period is due - if you period was due on Thursday then you are now overdue on your period (if the bleeding wasnt' an actual period) and therefore it should be able to tell you now weather your pregnant or not.
    Yeah now would be fine.
    Thanks

Your all so helpful and nice:thumb:

I will let you all know what the result is