Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

what IS confidence and how can you gain it?

13»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    johnny the best thing to do is star asking girls out...dont go to the models just yet though lol...start low first say the homely average girls first build up your confidence there and slowly move up the scale...even if you get rejected move on to the next one...but you gotta start asking them out and talking with them on a personal level first...most girls will go out with you and if they do not wish to go out with you if your a swell guy they will just let you down easy...and if the girl is a bitch and insults you well just move on...but trust me dont let one bitch get in your way from the good gals.

this is how a rejection is in most cases.

guy:hi i was wondering if you are free on saturday and if you would like to get a drink with me?
    girl: thanks but i cant i have something going on saturday but maybe some other time.

thats basically it most girls wont say oh your ugly get away from me they are mature then that.

so dont be scared man.
    no...
    that'd be kinda mean....
    turlough wrote:
    No, you don't have to dress as one. I've went out with loads of grunge girls and I dress the total opposite as them, one thing, you might want to have a friend who is already a grunger to get you into the group as they are usually very exclusive of non-grungers.

Thats what I was afraid of...
    Snerd wrote:
    johnny the best thing to do is star asking girls out...dont go to the models just yet though lol...start low first say the homely average girls first build up your confidence there and slowly move up the scale...
    :lol: That's awful.
    Lie about your age if it's getting in your way so much.

:no: Why do that?
    Thats what I was afraid of...
    Then just go to the local indie club by yourself and pluck up the courage to talk to someone.
    Sofie wrote:
    :no: Why do that?
    well it worked for my boyfriend :/
    I Don't go to clubs because I don't like clubs for the reasons that theres more blokes than girls in em and there all trying to do what your doing.

I dont think I have any Indie clubs nearby anyway.
    I consider myself a half grunger cause I have the same intrests but dont have the gear
    Surely you, or a friend of yours knows someone in the grunge group. Or even a neighbour who could take you along.
    Sure, I know some mates who are in grunge groups.
    Sure, I know some mates who are in grunge groups.

Why don't you go with them to wherever they go and meet new people. As I've said, they don't usually like non-grunge strangers but if you come with a mate, and be sound to them then they'll accept you.
    good idea
    List the things you love about yourself ; and the things you want to change and how to work on changing them to make yourself a better person.
    thanks again guys for all your great advice.
    I really do apreciate all of your input.
    Its just I find it hard to hold my head up high some days..