Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Convulsions

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey

When I get really stressed I start shaking violently, uncontrollably. Normally when I'm anxious as well. I can't stop myself and tremble all over, arms, chest, head.

Dont like it because it makes me more anxious.

:(

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    God I'm an idiot for posting this :p. I think I exaggerated it, so before anyone says I have abrain hemorage, it's like, trembling. But sometimes it gets really bad and my whole body will be shaking and i won't be able to do things like pick objects up. Always due to extreme stress i.e. missing my ex girlfriend :(
    I think everyone reacts to stress in different ways. my hands and legs often shake when im really nervous about something.
    You can get like that when you are having a panic attact and getting too much oxegen.
  • +Kirsten++Kirsten+ Deactivated Posts: 49 Boards Initiate
    A fair number of people sometimes experience panic attacks, which can come on when you're stressed or anxious. Next time you feel about to panic, try taking long, deep breaths.

No Panic has a confidential helpline (0808 808 0545, 10am - 10pm) if you'd like to chat with someone more about it.
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Without the exaggeration, it sounds a lot like me. It used to happen for years before I asked a doctor, I had to have a blood test and all, and in the end the only possible cause was stress. Since then it happens very rarely.
    As far as I know though, it doesn't have to do with panic attacks, it doesn't feel like panic in any way.

So, what I'd say is, try to ignore it. If you're not 100% sure it's because of stress, have a test to make sure. It might ease it.
    I'm 100% sure its because of stress. It's whenever very stressful / upsetting situations get to me. I have been calming down recently but the past week things have got uber stressful for me. My grandad is soon going to pass on from cancer, i found out my long term girlfriend was cheating on me, had lots of unexpected bills which have made me poor, I get my a level results next week and therse been a fair few minor stressful events (seeing a body being pulled from a car wreck gets to me for some reason).

I know eventually I'll calm down. Just, can't cope with the 'peak' of my stress at the minute. Gets ridiculous. I'm on the kalms, and chilling in my bath, sleeping, hanging out with friends, all good. Still maybe it's just too much for one person to handle?
    I'm 100% sure its because of stress. It's whenever very stressful / upsetting situations get to me. I have been calming down recently but the past week things have got uber stressful for me. My grandad is soon going to pass on from cancer, i found out my long term girlfriend was cheating on me, had lots of unexpected bills which have made me poor, I get my a level results next week and therse been a fair few minor stressful events (seeing a body being pulled from a car wreck gets to me for some reason).

I know eventually I'll calm down. Just, can't cope with the 'peak' of my stress at the minute. Gets ridiculous. I'm on the kalms, and chilling in my bath, sleeping, hanging out with friends, all good. Still maybe it's just too much for one person to handle?

We all have our limits. Just listen to your body and try to relax as much as you can. Good luck on those results.
  • +Kirsten++Kirsten+ Deactivated Posts: 49 Boards Initiate
    Sounds like you're dealing with a lot. If you're worried about the convulsions you can also make an appointment with your GP - might help to reassure you. All the best with those A-level results. Take care.