Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Drinking water

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi all,

I were just wondering how much water you all drink each day?

I'm REALLY bad and dont drink hardly anything each day, let alone water... but I'm trying to put a stop to that, to try and get better skin.

So just curious really.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I've got a water cooler near my desk, so I probably drink 10 or so of those little plastic cups worth during work, then more when I get home.
    4 or 5 glasses a day.
    Not a lot.

Oops.
    I don't drink much water at all :(
    I hardly drink anything - I know it's awfulfor you, and I really try to drink more, but find it hard.

On an average day I might have half a glass of water at work, and maybe one or two in the evening. Some days I don't drink anything :/
    I drink about 4-5bottles of water a day. Especially when I'm at work, cause I find if I carry a bottle with me wherever I go, I drink it just for the sake of it being there which helps me. Now it's all I would drink at the moment.
    I drink about 4-5bottles of water a day. Especially when I'm at work, cause I find if I carry a bottle with me wherever I go, I drink it just for the sake of it being there which helps me. Now it's all I would drink at the moment.

Dont keep drinking from the same bottle, especially if you are actually drinking from the bottle, bacteria like warm wet places and will breed there.
    bongbudda wrote:
    Dont keep drinking from the same bottle, especially if you are actually drinking from the bottle, bacteria like warm wet places and will breed there.

Ooo I don't. I use to though. I just get packs of bottled water.

But thanks for the tip :)
    I drink about 2 litres of water a day and about 5 cups of tea, with the odd glass of squash, juice and diet fizzies. I also take supplements for hair skin and nails. I have a permanent stash of a 12 pack of Highland Spring water in my bedroom.
    Ooo I don't. I use to though. I just get packs of bottled water.

But thanks for the tip :)

You can clean them just like you would a glass, there seems to be a story going around the net saying that the plastic will leak and kill you. But I cant find any decent source to confirm this.
    The main threat when drinking from bottled water is the type of bacteria that gets into the air in the bottle, and how long it's been there. You can get legionnaires disease from water bottles - just like you can from Air Con units.
    Water is all I drink really, except at work where I have discovered that if you drink tea, you get far more breaks :D
    about 2 Litres a day at the moment. Always seem to be thirsty.
    I drink loads of water. I always need to pee though as a result of this.
    Not enough :(.. i really ought to try to drink more
    I drink alot, but not enough water...

Normally things like pure orange or apple jucie, so i suppose its still good for you!
    I drink 4-5 litres of water a day. That is about normal for me. I think that's why my area is on hosepipe bands. :angel:
    HIT wrote:
    I drink 4-5 litres of water a day. That is about normal for me. I think that's why my area is on hosepipe bands. :angel:

Wow! :)

You must have pretty great skin!
    Naomi_UK wrote:
    Wow! :)

You must have pretty great skin!
    I try my best. :blush:
    I drink about 2 litres a day, and I do use the same bottle, and it hasn't killed me yet.
    Kermit wrote:
    I drink about 2 litres a day, and I do use the same bottle, and it hasn't killed me yet.

im not suprised there, i mean what would you wash it out with? water?
    I drink alot. I drink 2-3 20oz glasses of water at each meal. A 24oz bottle in the morning on my way to work and probably a nother 2-4 glasses thruout the day.

I rarely drink anything but water at meals or any other time. I don't drink milk, don't like juice and am not a big fan of pop (unless it includes alcohol)
    Shitloads
    my_name wrote:
    I drink alot. I drink 2-3 20oz glasses of water at each meal. A 24oz bottle in the morning on my way to work and probably a nother 2-4 glasses thruout the day.

I rarely drink anything but water at meals or any other time. I don't drink milk, don't like juice and am not a big fan of pop (unless it includes alcohol)
    Hate to sound like a smarty pants, but.....

You shouldn't be drinking a lot of water with meals. It digest the stomach acids, which means you wont be able to digest food that well. Do you get any symptoms like sluggish boated feeling.
    No, I don't. None of those symptons, I don't feel any different after eating than I did before, except not as hungry. Which I guess is good, maybe I've just become tolerant :p Eh, I'll see what happens if I cut back on the water for meals :thumb:

I've drank water and only water since I was in the hospital for pnemonia and dehydration when I was about 10. So more than half my life. Nothing just tastes good or is as refreshing. No lemon either, blech :p
    Usually around 1,5 littre of water and 2 glasses of juice.
    About 4/5/6 litres a day. I really crave it sometimes.
    4-5 pints a day... as for the drinking with food thing I think that's true, I used to sometimes get stomach aches a while after eating, wasn't really sure why... it's stopped now I have stopped drinking with meals. (obv if ure eating out or something u will).
    Not alot. Sometimes, I will drink alot if it's really hot or I've been walking around town or something like that.
    I drink ALOT of water, i get worried, and so more thirsty if i haven't always got water with me. So thank god they let us have drinks at the till in work!
    But yeah i don't know how much i get through, about a litre at work cuz i can't drink there tap water cuz it's bad, so once the water i've brought with me is gone i have to buy it, and also i'd need to pee every half hour. But at home it's just pint glass after glass.
    I really can't understand people who don't drink at least a decent amount of water, aren't they constantly thirsty?! Or people who just drink pop, they quench my thirst for about a minute and then i'm more thirsty than i was in the first place. And the people who will drink warm pop :yuck: