Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Bra Straps

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Went out clubbing last night and noticed quite a few girls will wear low cut tops (At the back) and have bra's going right across the top (left to right - showing) - One had a white top and jet black bra going across her back ... why?

It just looked so bad!! :eek2:

Comments

• Options
    i don't know why girls do that! especially fat ones and the bra is too tight and high up.

i never show my bra, not even my straps. :no: its tacky!
  • Options
    Any bra showing just screams trash. They make them in various styles to suit varios tops for a reason.
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    Any bra showing just screams trash. They make them in various styles to suit varios tops for a reason.

spot on :yes:
  • Options
    Contrasting bra straps can be nice sometimes although a black bra under a white top is a cardinal sin :no:
  • Options
    A white bra with a white shirt doesn't work either :(

I remember learning that the hard way when I was wee... learning the hard way from my mother :\:p
  • Options
    my_name wrote:

Noooo i have to disagree.

I love a bit of bra on show, its one of my favourite things! :)

Not the back of the bra though :no:
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    A white bra with a white shirt doesn't work either :(
    Skin-colored (as grannyish as it may be) is the way to go.
  • Options
    Dear Wendy wrote:
    Skin-colored (as grannyish as it may be) is the way to go.

Without a doubt, though I've never found them to be grannyish... maybe thats because I own alot of white and in turn a number of skin colored bras. Just grown used to them.

I've just thought of this so I"ll edit it in... a bra showing is no better than showing panties. The thong pulled up to your midriff just so it can show off above your pants is equally as sexy as a bra showing, imo. Yes, thats a good expliation.
  • Options
    The back of the bra is minging.

Straps on show can be okay. Depends what colour/thickness.

Dainty little ones can be nice.
  • Options
    I show my bra straps off sometimes - I have a top that slouches off both shoulders, so it's hard not too - but it's a nice bra and has Pringle written on the straps...

I wouldn't dream of showing the back of my bra. They're not exactly the sexiest contraptions ever. lol.
  • Options
    Showing the back of your bra is like an invitation to the pervy little gimps to either ping it or undo it.
  • Options
    Okay, so showing the backs of the bra is a biggg no no.

But as for the straps- yeah i agree it doesn't always look the nicest, but some of us REALLY don't have the choice. It is incredibly difficult to find bras that will go with all the sorts of tops i want to wear that are in my size. And not only do they need to go with the top but I need to feel comfy in them too.

Girls with boobs a DD+ have little hope of wearing half the tops in style today- like the backless ones- cos i bet you if we didn't wear bras you'd be complaining that our boobs were around our ankles.

However i am happy cos i went to debenhams today and found nice bras at a lovely reasonable price :D:D:D
  • Options
    i hate that too...it looks awful
  • Options
    Went out clubbing last night and noticed quite a few girls will wear low cut tops (At the back) and have bra's going right across the top (left to right - showing) - One had a white top and jet black bra going across her back ... why?

It just looked so bad!! :eek2:

In defence of the bra strap...it can be very hard to find a suitable bra for every style of top. Especially if you have bigger boobs, you can't go without a bra, and strapless ones are crap, they just fall down and make your boobs like flat and squashed. Sometimes tops slip down or bras ride up. I agree that it does look bad but you can't exactly help it all of the time.

And as for lipsy moaning about "especially fat girls", what does that have to do with anything? It looks bad on anyone, fat or thin!
  • Options
    i dont care if my bra straps show a bit as long as its a pretty bra, but i HATE it when people wear tops that shows the back of their bras. Thats just horrid. and i hate it when you can see peoples bra straps when theyre a nasty shade of "thousand wash grey"
  • Options
    PussyKatty wrote:
    And as for lipsy moaning about "especially fat girls", what does that have to do with anything? It looks bad on anyone, fat or thin!
    lol i just mean when you can see peoples bras either through their top or because its backless and it causes rolls because its way too tight.
  • Options
    Girls with boobs a DD+ have little hope of wearing half the tops in style today- like the backless ones- cos i bet you if we didn't wear bras you'd be complaining that our boobs were around our ankles.

not everyone with big boobs has saggy ones!

i can get away with out wearing a bra and i carry it off very well. :D
  • Options
    i can get away with out wearing a bra and i carry it off very well. :D

Prove it! :naughty::p

I have to say I have never in my life seen anyone out with the back of their bra showing - where on earth do you lot go out? Mind you, where I go you're more likely to see a lot of bra-less hippy chesticles bouncing about - it's the only way to be when there's any danger of your bra showing (unless it's intentional bra strappage, which I actually think can look pretty sexy).
  • Options
    perve!

i'll have a look...;)
  • Options
    i dont care if my bra straps show a bit as long as its a pretty bra, but i HATE it when people wear tops that shows the back of their bras. Thats just horrid.

:yes:

Agreed. I'll happily show off bra straps that are either subtle and pretty, or contrasting and funky (I've got a pink leopard bra that I like to wear with a wide-neck plain black top), but would never let the back band show. I find it a bit wrong.
  • Options
    When I wear my black vest the top of my bra slightly shows and so do the bra straps and I think it looks ok.
  • Options
    If the bra is pretty it's ok if it shows a bit but I don't get people wearing blackless tops with bras.
  • Options
    For the people who said they hate any bra showing ever, do you even mean say, if i was wearing a black vest top with a black bra, so i had 2 straps over each shoulder?

I frequently show my shoulder straps, i cant avoid it because i normally wear strappy vest tops
  • Options
    Blah wrote:
    For the people who said they hate any bra showing ever, do you even mean say, if i was wearing a black vest top with a black bra, so i had 2 straps over each shoulder?

I frequently show my shoulder straps, i cant avoid it because i normally wear strappy vest tops

we're mainly talking about girls who wear low cut tops at the back and have the entire back of the bra showing!! .. that's tacky!! Straps only aren't so bad, but the entire back showing is just awful.
  • Options
    is this acceptible then? the t-shirt has a really wide neck so it cant be avoided. I figured that they are funky straps so why not
  • Options
    Blah wrote:
    is this acceptible then? the t-shirt has a really wide neck so it cant be avoided. I figured that they are funky straps so why not
    I think that's fine but I'm sure someone on here will disagree!
  • Options
    That bra is cool and I want it.

I don't mind black bras under white vest tops, where the straps are showing. My BIGGEST EVER NO NO is white bra/black top. My friend did that once and we all went insane at her...she was like "I don't own a black bra" so we pretty much forced her to go out and buy one so that she never made the cardinal sin again.

For the record, I have no problem with bra straps (I'm cheap and cba buying more bras than necessary just to suit the one or two tops I have that need it), but anything else on show is just....eugh...NO.
  • Options
    i'll show off straps if it looks right but nothing other than that!
  • Options
    Blah wrote:
    yeah that looks really nice.
  • Options
    Franki wrote:
    That bra is cool and I want it.

I don't mind black bras under white vest tops, where the straps are showing. My BIGGEST EVER NO NO is white bra/black top. My friend did that once and we all went insane at her...she was like "I don't own a black bra" so we pretty much forced her to go out and buy one so that she never made the cardinal sin again.
    surely a black bra under a white top is tarty and is no worse than a white bra under a black top.