Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

So, honestly...

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Work? I love flirting and the like...one of the things I miss most about being single.

If its work then your making it far too dificult.
  • Options
    I'm not naturally social. It does take a lot of effort just to approach someone and sometimes it's even a tad painful. But as people keep telling me, women are more attracted to the "look at me" crowd.
  • Options
    Lifeless wrote:
    I'm not naturally social. It does take a lot of effort just to approach someone and sometimes it's even a tad painful. But as people keep telling me, women are more attracted to the "look at me" crowd.

Thsi si very true. I guess I'm the same as you - I find it really ard to approach omeone, but after a while I can't always shut up!:blush:
  • Options
    i know how you feel lifeless.....the problem is when tyou do try you get rejected or you make yourself feel like shit and that usually does the trick of retreating backwards.

i just keep asking why . it's a bit of a joke really.
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Lifeless wrote:
    But as people keep telling me, women are more attracted to the "look at me" crowd.

But people have been telling you the opposite in this thread. The thing is, when we're feeling self-conscious we often perceive things differently to how they really are. It might be an idea to consider small steps as a way forward, just saying hi to someone when you wouldn't normally, or talking more to someone that you are not worried about trying to impress to help build your confidence.

I've also noticed that people have been quite flippant in their responses at times in this thread with the whole "pull yourself together" attitude - which is far from helpful. However, at the same time, I can really see your mood swings throughout this thread and I think it's important to be aware that coming on to talk about relationships when you're feeling so low is unlikely to be a good thing and it can lead to saying things you later regret. There is a thread in the health section where many people who use these boards go to vent, and to be honest, often the atmosphere in there is really supportive.

Take care.
  • Options
    Thanks, Sofie, hazell & **Helen**.

I do regret a fair bit of the things I said. But it doesn't help when some people have been quite hostile towards me.

At least I'm pretty upbeat at the moment. :)
  • Options
    Lifeless wrote:
    Thanks, Sofie, hazell & **Helen**.

I do regret a fair bit of the things I said. But it doesn't help when some people have been quite hostile towards me.

At least I'm pretty upbeat at the moment. :)

Don't blame other people!

Hardly gonna help is it.
  • Options
    LacyMay wrote:
    Don't blame other people!

Hardly gonna help is it.

:yes: He was blaming other people earlier in the thread. Actually he asid that it was scoiety's fault that he can't get a girlfriend. Anyone know how that actually works?
  • Options
    I think he means that society programs girls into choosing the arsehole and pick the best looking bloke and fuck the quiet bloke off.....

I don't think the peeps on the boards were being hostile towards you lifeless, just telling it how it is. Some did disagree with what you said but to say you dont like all girls because you can't get one is a bit much.
    but you were pissed off so you may not have meant it.
    just chill out.
  • Options
    It's only quiet, shy blokes who can't get a girl that say that say girls only go for loud, outgoing blokes.

It's bollocks. It's what you say to make yourself feel better, there is a reason a girl isnt going after you and it isn't because we're all a load of evil bitches.
  • Options
    Its true
  • Options
    :yes: :thumb:
  • Options
    you talking to me or him?
    cause I already know that.

That was aimed at anyone that thinks like that.
  • Options
    oh ok.
    just checking.
    Chin up lifeless...
  • Options
    OH MY GOD! I thought this was dead and buried! :banghead:

Look, you can't tell me that women don't go for the loud pricks that pass as men these days. I see it all the fucking time! I've had a female co-worker say she likes Gordon Ramsey because "He swears and has a violent temper"!

Jesus fucking Christ! It's like I'm the one eyed man in the world of the blind! :banghead:
  • Options
    \
  • Options
    You're in the minority. Simple as that.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Lifeless wrote:
    Jesus fucking Christ! It's like I'm the one eyed man in the world of the blind! :banghead:
    Or a forgotten tribe in the amazon that thinks the whole world is a jungle.
  • Options
    \
  • Options
    sophia wrote:
    Oh dear, is this where you come on in a bitter rage and shout at us all again, before coming back online tomorrow and apologising?

What the FUCK?! If nothing was said I wouldn't of said anything back! All I get is fucking hostile bullshit telling me how wrong I am. How the FUCK do you expect me to react?! :banghead:
  • Options
    sophia wrote:
    So how many women are you basing this theory on then? I bet I know more women than you, and none of us go for loud mouthed obnoxious wankers...does that make us all in the minority?

Yes.
  • Options
    sophia wrote:
    So how many women are you basing this theory on then? I bet I know more women than you, and none of us go for loud mouthed obnoxious wankers...does that make us all in the minority?
    Added to all the women I know who wouldn't, of course.
  • Options
    \
  • Options
    I know :(.
  • Options
  • Options
    Lifeless wrote:
    What the FUCK?! If nothing was said I wouldn't of said anything back! All I get is fucking hostile bullshit telling me how wrong I am. How the FUCK do you expect me to react?! :banghead:

who rattled your cage.....jeeze, take a chill pill :impissed:
  • Options
    BeckyBoo wrote:
    who rattled your cage.....jeeze, take a chill pill :impissed:

Umm, LacyMay.
    sophia wrote:
    Apparently we're in the minority though, because accroding to Lifeless, women always go for loud mouthed obnoxious lager louts, and THAT is the reason he hasn't got a girlfriend. It's all our fault, us women with our appalling taste in men.

Now you're making sense! :thumb:
  • Options
    :rolleyes:

Good lord.
  • Options
    \
  • Options
    Fuck it, I'm wasting my time.