Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Big Brother 7

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Ah yes, never let something as insignificant as 'common sense' get in the way of a good conspiracy eh?
    Ah yes, never let something as insignificant as 'common sense' get in the way of a good conspiracy eh?

That I'll agree with you on!

The whole "Susie is a fix" nonsense is quite hysterical considering just how damn boring the woman was. She failed to get in the Big Brother house three times for a reason.

Although, I did find it hilarious when she out-and-out admitted that she went in just for the exposure.
  • littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Bear-Max wrote:
    That's ridiculous. Please tell me you have something better to do with your time than file complaints about a TV show.

It only takes, like 3 minutes of your day though :yeees:
    but mist only 1 of them will actually be allowed to win the money. they will be voted back in.

But people spent money to vote them out. It goes totally against what BB is about. People spent money and voted these people out and now BB is saying 'well, yes, but now one of them can win.' It isn't really fair tbh. And it isn't fair on those still in the house. It's deceptive, almost.

I wouldn't be fussed if they went in a la Jon Tickle and not been allowed to win. But that's not what's happened.

It's alright though. The house will vote Lea back in and there is no way she'll be allowed to win!
    \
    sophia wrote:
    You think the house will choose Lea over Nikki?

I think so.

I don't think they would want Nikki in there, she's too annoying and does their head in.
    So is it up to the housemates to decide which one goes back in is it? :(
    Tweety wrote:
    So is it up to the housemates to decide which one goes back in is it? :(

:yes:
    :yes:

Oh thats crap
    But people spent money to vote them out. It goes totally against what BB is about. People spent money and voted these people out and now BB is saying 'well, yes, but now one of them can win.' It isn't really fair tbh. And it isn't fair on those still in the house. It's deceptive, almost.

absolutely. i have never voted but i would be well pissed off if i had because it would have been a waste of money. and saying this vote goes to charity doesn't change that.
  • **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Mist wrote:
    I've complained to offcom about them shafting people out of the money for previous votes. No way should they be allowed to win.

I'm sure you won't be the only one - I bet they'll be a story about people doing that in the press next week :yes:
    I agree that Big Brother is being deceptive. This new scheme is an act of desperation after viewing figures plummeted following Nikki's eviction. The ironic thing is, it could very much be Lea who enters the house and not Nikki. The public aren't that fond of Lea so the whole thing could be a wasted opportunity.

It's the show's fault for extending the series and evicting exciting characters rather than the likes of Dimogen and Snoozie. It's also suffered from way too many contestants. The first had 11, this has had 22!!

I suspect the four going in will be Grace, Lea, Nikki and Jayne with Lea going through.
    Oh, and with the calls costing 50p a shot I can understand why people are complaining. If you contribute to evicting housemates only to find four of them are going back in it's bound to cause fury.
    Nikki, Lea, Mikey & Jayne to go back in.

Although with Grace back in it would cause more exctitment.
    Neil wrote:
    Oh, and with the calls costing 50p a shot I can understand why people are complaining. If you contribute to evicting housemates only to find four of them are going back in it's bound to cause fury.

The calls costing 50p a go is why people should go back to voting just once. Big Brother nowadays has turned into a pantomime with people running up hundreds of pounds in phone bills just to get their least favourite evicted - I suspect very much so that that is what happened to Nikki.

It's these same people that are complaining about the money they spent being wasted. Hello? It was already wasted when you decided to be an idiot and spend all of your spare cash on a dumbass TV show. People just take it too seriously.

Besides, Endemol reserves the rights to change the rules at any time, so complaining is pretty much useless.

http://www.channel4.com/entertainment/tv/microsites/B/bb6/footer/rules.html

See rule 14.
    i'm not liking jennie having a guaranteed place in the final week. there's nothing wrong with her, but she's a newbie really. i don't think that someone who's in there for a shorter time should reach the final when others have been slogging it out for weeks.
    omg hi wrote:
    i'm not liking jennie having a guaranteed place in the final week. there's nothing wrong with her, but she's a newbie really. i don't think that someone who's in there for a shorter time should reach the final when others have been slogging it out for weeks.

She won't win so there's no need to be pissed off.
    I can't believe I actually watched part of this this weekend, what a hideous bunch of creatures they are.

I do think Jennie is just adorable, though, I really warmed to her for some reason. Pete's alright but he grated on me after an hour so I think if I'd watched all along I'd be sick fed up of him at this point.
    Bear-Max wrote:
    It's these same people that are complaining about the money they spent being wasted. Hello? It was already wasted when you decided to be an idiot and spend all of your spare cash on a dumbass TV show. People just take it too seriously.

I've voted once in the entire series, and I've not complained in order to get the money back, I've complained because the company has essentially conned money out of a large number of people.

It's hardly a big deal to complain, some kind person even provided a link to click on that took me to the very web page where I could write in my complaint.
    Besides, Endemol reserves the rights to change the rules at any time, so complaining is pretty much useless.

http://www.channel4.com/entertainment/tv/microsites/B/bb6/footer/rules.html

See rule 14.

It's largely irrelevant. The standard sort of disclaimer that you'd get with any competition, the rules of which are designed to cover the contestants rather than the public. We are not in the house.

I do not expect to see anything come from complaining, but, at least, if enough people do, the company might get the idea that some viewers have been severly narked off by the latest "twist". The ones being played by big brother are meant to be the contestants, not the viewing public.
    turlough wrote:
    She won't win so there's no need to be pissed off.

this is true. it will be pete or glyn, both deserving imo.
    People have been complaining it's boring and now finally something interesting is actually happening and people are complaining again. :confused:

Personally, im glad they've decided to add back in old housemates. It will make the show interesting again and i'm definatly going to watch it. If people don't like it, then no-one is going to make them vote or even watch it.

Don't get me wrong. I see where some people are coming from. Anyone who has already voted for housemates to come out may feel like that was money down the drain, as they are just getting put back in anyway, but imo twists and unexpected things are just part of Big Brother itself. I like the fact that you never know what's coming and anything could happen. Wouldn't it be boring if it were predictable and straight forward, like some complaints seem to encourage...

Who here actually wants to watch Aisleyne's flabby ass & Imogen's general personality for the remaining 2 weeks of the show?!
    so i'm not the only one who thinks aisleyne has a flabby ass :p
    being serious? she's like a size 10.
    being serious? she's like a size 10.
    well its a bit on the flat side
    TBH I haven't wasted my time watching the last couple of weeks of the show (nor this thread :P ) But from what I can see I think that BB might well and truly be on its way out - and good riddance to it.
    Apparently ITV are trying to pinch the rights to Big Brother by out bidding channel 4 for the rights for next year, interesting developments.

I love Ash. I feel so sorry for her, i really cant see why everyone haters her so much. I just want to give her a big hug and make her feel better.
    Ballerina wrote:

:eek2: HARDLY
    Ballerina wrote:
    well its a bit on the flat side

how can it be flat and flabby?

she is 27 or something!

you're probably comparing it to your own bum and you're 11 years younger than her.
    Richard vs Imogen this week, i think it'll be bye bye imogen
    Ballerina wrote:
    you should leave it up to the men to have buns of steel :p
    Am I the only one who likes Richard. People say he's playing a game but he's not, he's just being a big old gay. Simple as.