Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

rolling joints

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
impretty bad at rolling and i was thinkning of buying a rolly mat from a tobacconists but somepeople have said they aren't good for joints?
i need to have them tighter so they burn slower, i amde this one last night and it was brilliant, it burnt the rate the earths crust moves

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I never manage to use a rolling or a machine... My mates uses machine all the time tho, apparantly they don't like mats... You can get machine to roll spliff so it is the same size...
    We used to have one when i smoked it, it worked ok.
    I've played with machines and matts in the past and found them completly impossible to use, I could never get them to work at all for some reason.
    practice makes peferct.
    Jonny8888 wrote:
    practice makes peferct.

practicing makes bad ones though :p
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    I've never been able to get on with machines but I've always found mats pretty easy to use.
    Weekender Offender 
    Machines, you have no control over how tight they go and they end up too tight. Mats are the way to go if you can't roll!:yes:
    bongbudda wrote:
    I've played with machines and matts in the past and found them completly impossible to use, I could never get them to work at all for some reason.

Same here I can't use either and frankly I rather roll by hands... feels more intimate...
    softworld wrote:
    practicing makes bad ones though :p

Watch how other people do it to get an idea of how its supposed to be done and remember to use all your fingers and stuff and also you dont' have to practice with weed you could just use some baccy so you don't waste it on bad spliffs.
    Wyetry wrote:
    you dont' have to practice with weed you could just use some baccy so you don't waste it on bad spliffs.

exactly, get a packet of skins and some baccy, you'll have it sussed by the time you get through em all!
    z01 wrote:
    exactly, get a packet of skins and some baccy, you'll have it sussed by the time you get through em all!

Dont smoke them though otherwise by the time you can roll you'll be on 20 a day.
    haha right will do guys, cheers for the advice
    I have used and still use mats. I've found them good for rolling good tight joints if that's your thing. I always liked them that way too.
  • Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    TBH, practice is the way.

Machines and Mattsd whilst smokeable are either too tight I find (mosty) or just buggered.

Every now and again you roll a poor one. But hey, it happens.
    Practice makes perfect - I don't like my spliffs really tight anyway so I tend to use Cosmic papers, very easy to role, thicker than Silver Rizla - but thinner than Blue - Perfect!

If you want to know what difficult is when you first start skinning up yourself - try back rolling everything - bloody nightmare without experiance.
    sit down with a mix one day and skin it up and rip it apart until you can do it! rollin machines are shit, and rollin mats are good for just gettin the paper to ovrlap on massive spliffs but then i always use my fingers, i cant work out how else you get cones.

i find it much easier with the roach in, but also, once youve folded the paper under itself, hold it losely and literally just roll from the roach up about one cm at a time. it takes a long time but its so precise cos you arent tryin to roll the whole thing at once. i dunno if that makes sense.
    aye good advice there, focus on the roach and the rest will follow.......i used to use a credit card to tuck the paper down and in, which was a technique my sister showed me way back, but that's just too easy......
    I could never roll to save my grandmas life, but I always loved the rollers. Not may people do I came to realize, but I did. They made them fat, well packed and the roaches were always plenty to spare. Even if I could have rolled, when I smoked, I'd of still prefered the roller. So much green in so little space :heart:

Though the bowl was still my favorite as my lipgloss always got all over the joint then people would yell at me. Then I'd have to yell back cuz it was my stuff anyways and I can leave lipgloss anywhere I please...
    try rolling with tobacco only, that way if you fuck up your not wasting gear
    Just learn how to do it bud thats the only way your goin 2 get the best joint.
    i've been smokin hash for abt 2 n a half years now solid but i've stopped since yesterday lolol go me :D
    try rolling with tobacco only, that way if you fuck up your not wasting gear
    thats what i did when my friends taught me, rolled king size roll ups for about a week, was funny how the first attempts ended up like but you soon master it after some practice, and when you do, you'll never forget how to do its just like riding a bike !:lol: