Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Driving Test

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I have my driving test in 2 hours, i'm scared :(

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Im sure you will be fine!! good luck! :thumb:
    Thanks :) I hope so, i'm more nervous than i was first time round! I have no money left so i can't afford to fail :(
    Good luck :)
    Good luck
    Thanks everyone :) Hope all this luck makes me pass, il let you all know later on.

How many times did it take you all to pass?
    First time for me :D on April fools day one year:lol:
    Havent started yet ... :p
    I failed 3 times. Been driving for 8 months now and done 10,000 miles, no accidents or anything and i'm generally known as a very safe driver so don't worry about failing the first time making you a bad driver or anything - i'm sure you'll do brilliantly today. Good luck - not that you'll need it :)
    Good luck, I'll have my fingers crossed for you - I'm sure it'll go like clockwork :thumb:
    I've failed twice so far!
  • Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    I hope you are doing/done fine!

Let us know how it went! :o
    Good luck babe! (although you're probably done by now)

I booked my first attempt today, for the 31st *cue big bout of nerves* :)
    Ha well, i failed :( over something i thought was stupid and didn't happen but it was a serious and that was that, so hopefully it'l be third time lucky !!
  • Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    squeal16 wrote:
    Ha well, i failed :( over something i thought was stupid and didn't happen but it was a serious and that was that, so hopefully it'l be third time lucky !!
    Aww... bet of luck for next time!:thumb:
    Sorry to hear that..what did you do?
    squeal16 wrote:

All the best people pass third time, I shouldn't worry about it ;)
    Lil Laura wrote:
    All the best people pass third time, I shouldn't worry about it ;)

fourth :P (:( )
    Sorry to hear that..what did you do?

Apparently when i was going down this road where there were parked cars, i made this car have to stop for me when it had right of way.

That went down as a serious fault so i failed, i thought it was petty, and the examiner was a cock.

I even waved at the woman to say thanks for waiting so i think he was in the wrong, however i can't argue, only pay more money to take another test!

I cried :crying:
    squeal16 wrote:
    Apparently when i was going down this road where there were parked cars, i made this car have to stop for me when it had right of way.

That went down as a serious fault so i failed, i thought it was petty, and the examiner was a cock.

I even waved at the woman to say thanks for waiting so i think he was in the wrong, however i can't argue, only pay more money to take another test!

I cried :crying:

I failed on something similar. Mine went down as dangerous though :thumb:
    Lil Laura wrote:
    I failed on something similar. Mine went down as dangerous though :thumb:

:lol: No one got hurt though right?

Well my gran gave me £100 for next time, she doesn't want me to give up like she did bless her.
  • BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    squeal16 wrote:

same thing happened to me, but it was as we were pulling into test centre, and it was in front of my instructor. she said i did nothing wrong, and we put a complain in...apparently it was the one that pushed him over the edge and he is now banned from working in gloucestershire.

come to think of it, you probably had him today!! did he tut a lot? oooh im angry just thinking about him! :impissed:
    Bunny_0_ wrote:
    same thing happened to me, but it was as we were pulling into test centre, and it was in front of my instructor. she said i did nothing wrong, and we put a complain in...apparently it was the one that pushed him over the edge and he is now banned from working in gloucestershire.

come to think of it, you probably had him today!! did he tut a lot? oooh im angry just thinking about him! :impissed:

:lol: Serves him right, no he didn't tut alot, he just said he didn't give away liscences easily and wouldn't tell me when i asked half way through if i had failed yet, he was a cock, i had a nice one last time, even though he failed me.

If i fail next time i think i'm gonna give them a piece of my mind, they must be short of money and keep failing me so i have to keep paying £48.50 each time !!
  • BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    squeal16 wrote:
    :lol: Serves him right, no he didn't tut alot, he just said he didn't give away liscences easily and wouldn't tell me when i asked half way through if i had failed yet, he was a cock, i had a nice one last time, even though he failed me.

If i fail next time i think i'm gonna give them a piece of my mind, they must be short of money and keep failing me so i have to keep paying £48.50 each time !!
    too bloody right! i dont know if its true, but i heard they had a quota to fill and could only pass a certain amount a month...anyone know?
    Bunny_0_ wrote:
    too bloody right! i dont know if its true, but i heard they had a quota to fill and could only pass a certain amount a month...anyone know?

Yeah iv'e heard things like that too, although i don't think it's true, my instructor says not, i suppose it's one of those things we'll never know, unless of course we have a driving examiner who is a member on here, if we do, don't talk to me!
    Tbh if you are doing something which causes someone going the other way to slow down, then you are doing something wrong.
    Better luck next time.
    Tweety wrote:
    Tbh if you are doing something which causes someone going the other way to slow down, then you are doing something wrong.
    Better luck next time.

Are you saying that because i called you old :razz:

I don't think i did cause her to slow down as i waved to say thank you, plus usually i wait when they have right of way :confused: who knows maybe the pressure got to me and i didn't realise.
    squeal16 wrote:
    Are you saying that because i called you old :razz:

I don't think i did cause her to slow down as i waved to say thank you, plus usually i wait when they have right of way :confused: who knows maybe the pressure got to me and i didn't realise.

lol no i didn't even look to see who posted tbh, i'm tired. You know us old ones need more sleep :p.
    I said it because even though you mgiht not have thought it, it can easily happen. Same on roundabouts.
    Either way if you make the mistake you don't pass. So the way to pass is not to make the mistake. It took me quite a few times.

One other thing is that you shouldn't bother actually acknowledge other drivers by waving to thank them or similar, because you can be marked for that for not being in proper control of the vehicle.
    squeal16 wrote:
    I don't think i did cause her to slow down as i waved to say thank you.

That doesn't follow. If you waved, then she had clearly had to stop for you. The only question is over whether you or her had right of way at the time.
    Mist wrote:
    That doesn't follow. If you waved, then she had clearly had to stop for you. The only question is over whether you or her had right of way at the time.

I did but sometimes people choose to wait for you, it was a busy road and everything.

Anyway i failed nothing i can do about it except wait until next time!