Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Cystitis

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hello everyone just had a question concerning my girlfriend. she has it, probly the honeymoon one we both reckon, altho we aint married we have just been horny gits lately lol. anyways she is drinking loads of water as we speak, maybe cranberry juice, we live about 30 seconds away from 2 cornershops so thats not problem, but im sure anti biotics are good for cystitis, she has amoxicillin n penicillin from when she had tonsilitus a while back, which would be best to use? thanks

Comments

• Options
    I wouldn't use any antibiotics she has left from previous things.
    Tell her to go see her doc if it doesn't clear up.
    Antibiotics are all different and used for different things. You really shouldn't be useing old stuff.
  • Options
    \
  • Options
    thanks for the advice and tips there. told my girlfriend and she is abit relieved about the sachets part, she did not know bout them. so thanks again. :thumb: :thumb:
  • Options
    When i had it i went to the doctors and they gave me some antibiotics for it and it cleared up in a couple of days. Probably much better than the sachets as it could come back with those.
  • Options
    i had it a while ago, oddly enough though they didn't believe i had it, i had all the symptoms but i wasnt needing the loo more often. So they gave me a single tablet for thrush and it went. :confused:
  • Options
    Needing the loo more often is one of the biggest signs. Perhaps you didn't have it and maybe you had thrush?
  • Options
    Tweety wrote:
    Needing the loo more often is one of the biggest signs. Perhaps you didn't have it and maybe you had thrush?
    well i wasnt itching or sore - it just stung to pee. I was quite run down at the time aswell. Guess i'll never know!
  • Options
    \
  • Options
    Try the sachets or alternatively try bicarbonate of soda which does the same thing (neutralises the urine) - a teaspoon of bicarb in a glass of water 3-4 times a day.

If it doesn't clear up within a few days then she should go to her GP as she may need anti-biotics - it can spread up the urine track if untreated and reach the kidneys etc.
  • Options
    Randomgirl wrote:
    Try the sachets or alternatively try bicarbonate of soda which does the same thing (neutralises the urine) - a teaspoon of bicarb in a glass of water 3-4 times a day.

If it doesn't clear up within a few days then she should go to her GP as she may need anti-biotics - it can spread up the urine track if untreated and reach the kidneys etc.
    Yes, which is incredibly painful and leads to horrible things like throwing up and kidney infections.
    So get it sorted :D
    A xxx