Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Dishwashers

littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
Bit of a long shot but thought i'd try anyway.

We are looking to buy a slimline dishwasher (AAA Energy Rating). Anyone recommend any? Or places to buy them?

So far, the best place seems to be Boots, but would want to see it IRL before ordering it. We've looked at Currys (and their choice is limited for what we want), Comet and John Lewis.

So, any opinions, thoughts or recommendations would be fantastic :D

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
  • Options
    Bit of a long shot but thought i'd try anyway.

We are looking to buy a slimline dishwasher (AAA Energy Rating). Anyone recommend any? Or places to buy them?

So far, the best place seems to be Boots, but would want to see it IRL before ordering it. We've looked at Currys (and their choice is limited for what we want), Comet and John Lewis.

So, any opinions, thoughts or recommendations would be fantastic :D

Boots the chemist?
  • Options
    Boots the chemist?

Yus. And you get advantage points too :D
    If you have the space to fit a full size then I wouldn't go for a slimline. They are not half the price of a full size, so you don't save all that much money generally, and when we got ours we were just going to store the dirty things inside until it was full enough to set off. But we found out we were actually filling a full size washer fairly easily anyway, so god knows what we would have been like with a slimline.

Unfortunately, due to our space allowances, we don't really have space for a full sized dishwasher. It would look silly in our little kitchen.
    Um, ours is some kind of Hotpoint Aquarius washer. I quite like Hotpoint, we have lots of Hotpoint appliances and none of them have ever broken *frantically touches wood*

Shall look into them. Where did you get it from (if you don't mind) /noseyness
  • Options
    Check out the internet. http://www.empiredirect.co.uk/content/products/list.aspx?subdept=dishwashers&page=1&order=pAsc A don't suppose a dishwashers the type of thing you really need to see in real life first, and you'll probably end up getting it delivered anyway.
  • Options
    We got our Hotpoint from Comet, who came and installed it too for £25. Money very well spent as it stopped me having to spend an afternoon swearing at it.

I don't know how small your kitchen is but ours is quite compact and a full size one looks fine. We did get a silver one not a white one though.

I would highly recommend Hotpoint equipment.
  • Options
    I've got a dishwasher, he's very good ;)
  • Options
    Glittery wrote:

So am I, but I really can't be arsed with it.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    We got our Hotpoint from Comet, who came and installed it too for £25. Money very well spent as it stopped me having to spend an afternoon swearing at it.

I don't know how small your kitchen is but ours is quite compact and a full size one looks fine. We did get a silver one not a white one though.

I would highly recommend Hotpoint equipment.

Yeah, we went looking today and I think that the full sized one would be better in the long run. It'll just have to do!

I don't know if we would get it installed as the father in law is good at all that so I think we would just let him swear at it for an afternoon instead ;) But then, it depends on where we get it from and what deals they are offering at the same time.
    Glittery wrote:

Mine has gone on strike :grump:

:p
  • Options
    Good brands are Bosch, Smeg, Zanussi and Hotpoint off the top of my head. I'd go for Smeg myself, but just because it's got a funny name.
  • Options
    Have you got a Comet Clearance place near you? Those places are fab, we got a cooker from there for our first flat for about £90 cos it had a knob missing.
  • Options
    Good brands are Bosch, Smeg, Zanussi and Hotpoint off the top of my head. I'd go for Smeg myself, but just because it's got a funny name.

I think our favourite at this point in time was Bosch. So will probably go with that. The other one I liked was the Hotpoint one though.
    Glittery wrote:
    Have you got a Comet Clearance place near you? Those places are fab, we got a cooker from there for our first flat for about £90 cos it had a knob missing.

We don't have one, no. But that's amazing value!
  • Options
    Glittery wrote:

how do you find out where your nearest comet clearance place is?? is there a website?
  • Options
    Yell?