Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Girlfriend Cheated

2»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I was in your situation.

I decided to stick at it.

My horrid feeling it wasn't a one off turned out to be true.

We broke up last week.

She's with him now.

Feel a bit stupid. :)

Moral of the story? Don't always believe it when they say 'I know I lied but now I'm telling the truth' because if they lied once they're probably going to just keep lying to cover up the extent of their lies. Liars dont have the same conciencious objection to lying that honest people do.
    Its one thing, kissing another person while in a relationship.

But its an entire different ball game when she goes out drunk, gets hold of the nearest lad, takes him back to her place and gets laid, in essence.

That is how much respect she has for you!!

I wouldn't waste my time even listening to her crying, at least you have seen her in her true selfish colours.

Amen
    To be honest i'd probably leave her. But i'd go about it in a casual way, as if i didn't give the slightest fuck, just to piss her off. If i was to forgive her, i'd definately make some firm ground rules and explain to her she'd have to accept that i would be constantly wanting to know where she was, who she was with etc while she regained my trust. However, every situation as others have said is different. I think you'd have to be a strong person to forgive her, but even stronger to hold your head up high and leave. However, its entirely up to you.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do, and let us know how it goes :)
    My gf has cheated on me in the past (she kissed a guy when drunk) but its obviously nothing compared to this! i forgave her for kissing someone but then a kiss is a kiss, it can last minutes or seconds but at the end of the day its just a kiss - fucking someone else however, there'd no chance of forgiveness there! i probably wouldnt even talk to her again, put a hit out through some of my friends to get her beat up then film myself shagging a load of her mates and make her watch the tape on her birthday or something.
    Maybe this is a bit ott but the message is pretty clear, dont forgive the cheating slag!
    My ex cheated on me after we had been together a year and I took him back and stayed together for another 3 years. Wish I had never took him back as things were never the same and there was no trust in the end on either side. It will be hard but I think you should walk away
    For all the people who got cheated on...i didnt actually get cheated on as in her having sex, but she dumpd me by telling me about how she got off with loads of guys and asked out another guy. Basically, as much as i love her still and as it only happened other day id still take her back right now...just to see her again. But that would be stupid and i know it would be, but still, cant help it.
    subject13 wrote:
    For all the people who got cheated on...i didnt actually get cheated on as in her having sex, but she dumpd me by telling me about how she got off with loads of guys and asked out another guy. Basically, as much as i love her still and as it only happened other day id still take her back right now...just to see her again. But that would be stupid and i know it would be, but still, cant help it.

everyone feels like that, explains why I chose to take him back. It hardly ever works tbh though and I think looking back in the long run it is better to end it. I don't think you could ever compare someone kissing someone to actually sleeping with someone, as much as these are both cheating in my eyes it is also a very very different thing
    Yeah, you are right.

I am going to try to avoid her for a while, till i am over her though, or at least over her enough to be ok to talk to her as friends. If i never get there i will have to totally avoid her.

Best advice is, it most likely wont work out if you take them back anyway.
    subject13 wrote:
    Best advice is, it most likely wont work out if you take them back anyway.

Totally agree. There is no way I would ever EVER take a cheat back after what I have been through. Cheating hurts A LOT and cheaters deserve everything they get imo
    I would agree with that totally...except i know a girl, who i was at school, 6th form and university with and she has never ever once been faithful to any boyfriend she has had, even when the relationship lasts for a year or more. and she has had like 20 serious boyfriends since she was 16. Yet she is never found out, she is never caught by any of her boyfriends and they all still love her after she dumps them. Now THAT is not fair and Karma is not working, imo!
    subject13 wrote:
    I would agree with that totally...except i know a girl, who i was at school, 6th form and university with and she has never ever once been faithful to any boyfriend she has had, even when the relationship lasts for a year or more. and she has had like 20 serious boyfriends since she was 16. Yet she is never found out, she is never caught by any of her boyfriends and they all still love her after she dumps them. Now THAT is not fair and Karma is not working, imo!

It's not about being caught though, it's the satifaction you get knowing you are giving yourself totally to a partner and letting them know they can trust you fully. She won't be happy in the end mate so don't worry
    icey wrote:
    i probably wouldnt even talk to her again, put a hit out through some of my friends to get her beat up then film myself shagging a load of her mates and make her watch the tape on her birthday or something.
    Maybe this is a bit ott but the message is pretty clear, dont forgive the cheating slag!

HA! I love it :lol:... don't do anything by halves, eh?

I've unwisely forgiven a serial cheater of an ex before, and he went on to cheat once again after I reached into the very depths of my ability for forgiveness to take him back. I wouldn't automatically rule out doing the same again, though, if it happens again I would try to judge a different relationship - and person - on their own merits and the circumstances. It's a very difficult situation, I really feel for you :heart: