Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Nokia 6111

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Anyone have any experience with this phone?

I'm due to upgrade my phone in a few weeks, but since my selection isn't that rosy, I was considering the 6111 as it has a radio on it.

Whenever I look in the shops in town though, the model is really crappy and plasticy though (and I'm aware that phone models normally are, I just mean really cheapy plastic, like a kids toy)

Are the models just deceptive or is the phone plain awful? The only other real option I'd consider is the Pebl, and I do NOT get along with Motorolas as a rule.... I just like the clever opening thing:razz: .

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    My mate has got this phone, and the 1st thing i noticed was it was slow, reallly slow and the screen is too small for me.

But its alright if you make calls and text - media is slow aswell
    The k800i and w810i have fm radios. Which is a feature that is disappering in favour of net based radio because the operators have realised that they can charge for that but not for fm.
    dont get a pebble, when it opens it feels as though youre going to drop it! :eek:
    icey wrote:
    dont get a pebble, when it opens it feels as though youre going to drop it! :eek:

Heh, I really don't want to have to resort to the pebl, as when I borrowed my boyfriends Razr thing for a day, i had a whole class of 15 girls in stitches because i couldnt get it to send a text, and was threatening to put it in the autoclave/sterilizer.

CoolMe, what do you mean by slow? As in, everything takes a while to load, or just media? I could get stressed with it either way, but if it takes ages to call and text people I might end up autoclaving it.
    nicx1811 wrote:
    CoolMe, what do you mean by slow? As in, everything takes a while to load, or just media? I could get stressed with it either way, but if it takes ages to call and text people I might end up autoclaving it.

Everything in my eyes, it took awhile to just open the menu!