Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

what cann you bench

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
done 60kgs at my peak, could do 6 reps and then fail. could probably focus and lift more now, but that's good for my weight, power to weight ratio is effective. i weigh 70kgs so i could nearly bench my own body - once!
alex
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    54 reps of 790lbs

Whats with the whole "what can you bench *macho man grunt*" question anyways? What does it prove? That you've over worked in one certian area? That you can't walk with your arms at your sides like every other human being?
  • Options
    benching's easy. the shoulder press - now that's a man's weight. i can't lift 20keys on that very easily - you soon sap off strength. i can curl 40keys with 2 arms. what's that like - im a skinny bloke, but i really like endorphins.
  • Options
    Top for bench was 65kg for 10 reps. Shoulder press (is that military press?) top was 40kg for 8 reps. Now, squats and deadlifts, they're manly lifts... *grrr* :p
  • Options
    60 for 8 reps
  • Options
    200reps of 200kg
  • Options
  • Options
    Bench press: 15kg 4 lots of 12 reps
    Bench pull: 30kg 4 lots of 20 reps
    Shoulder press: 30lbs 4 lots of 12 reps

(Leg press is far easier - I can do 120lbs 5 x 20 reps. I have killer calves!)
  • Options
    Enough. Well, it was enough when I last went to the gym properly about a month ago. It's probably bugger all now. sigh.
  • Options
    120kg for 5 reps. :razz:

What can you dead lift???:yes:
  • Options
    That's pretty impressive...

Best ever deadlift was 110kg for 10. Reckon I could have probably done 150kg for 1 though. Deadlifts make me feel sick :(
  • Options
    I used to be able to do 80 for a few reps, no way could I do that now, Ive not been regular gyming for about a year, after I started going boxing again twice a week. Now the boxing season is finished for the sumer (apart from sunday morning which Ive only made it to once) I have neglected to go back to the gym, no exersize for about 5 weeks, shit I realy need to start going back. Would be struggeling to do 50 kg for 5 reps now I recken.l
  • Options
    I could deadlift 200kg for 2 reps. Now I have hurt my back & probably wont be able to dead for a while.
  • Options
    i can lift the bench in the back garden...

Impressive.
  • Options
    i can lift the bench in the back garden...

*rawr* impressive :flirt:

To float my own boat, I once lifted a full gallon of milk. :yes: Not recently, but once.
  • Options
    The real question is, what score can you get on an arcade punch bag?

I will never forget the time when i 999'd it. The screen filled up full of 9's, i think it was because i punched so hard, others are convinced the machine is faulty.

As for bench press, im not sure what i can lift, i do not go to a gym and i only have 40kg worth of weights at home.
  • Options
    olaola wrote:
    The real question is, what score can you get on an arcade punch bag?

No those Archade punch bags are such a load of bollox I dont mean to sound boastfull but Im fairly large and have been doing Boxing for a number of years Im realy not much good medioca for a casual ameture, but I can deliver a knock out punch that would put nearly anybody down, (straight right long lead up, hips, shoulders and back leg go into it) of course this takes time to deliver so not much use for a fight, but it scores very low on the archade punchbag. what scores high is a snappy hook delivered side on to the bag angled upwards, which is still quite hard not as hard as the "knock out punch" but it scores much higher.
    It works on spead not power and angleing your punches upwards produces a higher score, as does the totaly lame laughably funny patheric type punch that twats deliver out side of nightclubs, when they pull their fist back and punch. IF there was an archade punghbag that was like padding on a wall (like in rockt IIII is it with the russian guy training he punches a sensor thats just on the wall) Then Id score very high.
  • Options
    No those Archade punch bags are such a load of bollox I dont mean to sound boastfull but Im fairly large and have been doing Boxing for a number of years Im realy not much good medioca for a casual ameture, but I can deliver a knock out punch that would put nearly anybody down, (straight right long lead up, hips, shoulders and back leg go into it) of course this takes time to deliver so not much use for a fight, but it scores very low on the archade punchbag. what scores high is a snappy hook delivered side on to the bag angled upwards, which is still quite hard not as hard as the "knock out punch" but it scores much higher.
    It works on spead not power and angleing your punches upwards produces a higher score, as does the totaly lame laughably funny patheric type punch that twats deliver out side of nightclubs, when they pull their fist back and punch. IF there was an archade punghbag that was like padding on a wall (like in rockt IIII is it with the russian guy training he punches a sensor thats just on the wall) Then Id score very high.

still my claim to fame. :lol: stop pissing on my fire
  • Options
    I can usually bench small countries like Canada. :D
  • Options
    i once benched a neutron star.
    Show off :razz: