Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Keeping your mouth shut

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
My friend and I were talking the other day. However, the other day we were talking girls talk and it got to the subject of thrush. She said her ex used to give it her all the time!!! Eeek now we know women pass thrush to men but men only pass it on, they can't develop it. I kept my mouth shut!!! Well, they are over now so it would do more harm than good!
What have you had to seal your mouth over?? Doesnt have to b sexual.

Comments

• Options
    one of my best mates got off with one of my other best mates girlfriend when he wasnt there. that was awkward to say the least!
  • Options
    what? i'm lost...
  • Options
    icey wrote:
    one of my best mates got off with one of my other best mates girlfriend when he wasnt there. that was awkward to say the least!

Did he ever find out?
  • Options
    I don't quite get the original post. Are you trying to say he cheated or what?
  • Options
    I can't keep my gob shut.

I'm not a vicious gossip or that, I usually say stuff before I think.
  • Options
    squeal16 wrote:
    Did he ever find out?
    Yes. it all came out in the end and practically everyone knew about it but the guy whos gf it was, it was a really shit situation!
  • Options
    Tweety wrote:
    I don't quite get the original post. Are you trying to say he cheated or what?

Yeah if a guy can't develop thrush he can only get it from other girls and he kept passing it on to her, then he must have been sleeping around to get it from someone else other than his girl.
  • Options
    squeal16 wrote:
    Yeah if a guy can't develop thrush he can only get it from other girls and he kept passing it on to her, then he must have been sleeping around to get it from someone else other than his girl.

But if only she was treated for it then he could have had it from her no?
  • Options
    Tweety wrote:
    But if only she was treated for it then he could have had it from her no?

Not if he gave it to her in the first place, it had to come from somewhere and if she never had it but kept getting it from then he must have got it from another girl.

Unless of course she had it without realising gave it to him and then because she only got treated and he didn't she kept getting it back from him, but that doesn't appear to be the case according to VV.
  • Options
    VinylVicky wrote:
    My friend and I were talking the other day. However, the other day we were talking girls talk and it got to the subject of thrush. She said her ex used to give it her all the time!!! Eeek now we know women pass thrush to men but men only pass it on, they can't develop it. I kept my mouth shut!!! Well, they are over now so it would do more harm than good!

Couldn't he have just been storing the germs, she treats the infection, but he doesnt, hey presto he keeps giving it to her? Or am I misunderstanding?
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:
    Couldn't he have just been storing the germs, she treats the infection, but he doesnt, hey presto he keeps giving it to her? Or am I misunderstanding?

Thats what i wa trying to say but you did it better.
  • Options
    Tweety wrote:
    Thats what i wa trying to say but you did it better.

Is what i said in the last bit of my post the same as what you was trying to say also? Or am i still misunderstanding?
  • Options
    she could have developed it, passed it to him, treated herself, then he could have kept giving it back to her that way
  • Options
    she could have developed it, passed it to him, treated herself, then he could have kept giving it back to her that way
    Well my understanding of thrush is that you can get it "out of the blue" without it being caught sexually. Therefore she could have had it and then everytime she treated herself but not him, he reinfected her.
  • Options
    Exactly, i once had it and i had sex with my boyfriend before realising that i had it, thankfully he never caught it off me but it is possible and could have happened in this situation.
  • Options
    squeal16 wrote:
    Not if he gave it to her in the first place, it had to come from somewhere and if she never had it but kept getting it from then he must have got it from another girl.

Unless of course she had it without realising gave it to him and then because she only got treated and he didn't she kept getting it back from him, but that doesn't appear to be the case according to VV.
    he could have just developed it just from being too hot and sweaty. It doesnt mean hes been unfaithful at all, so good job you DID keep your mouth shut tbh. :p
    Also, she may have given it to him originally, and she only treated herself and not both of them, which would mean he`d keep passing it back to her.
  • Options
  • Options
    VinylVicky wrote:

Well when certain girls are dating total losers you kinda have to keep your mouth shut then and let it run it's natural course .. cos whilst they're i love they'd never listen to you anyway.
  • Options
    foreign wrote:
    what? i'm lost...
    '
  • Options
    I've got a good mate who had a girlfriend who was always flirting with this guy. This guy told anotrher good friend of mine (female) that things had been happening. She implied it to me, but said I couldn't say anything. So I could't, but my mate figured things were out anyway and they split up.

Still though, if I was my mate I would have wanted to know. The only reason I didn't was because I didn't want to drop my female friend in it.
  • Options
    My Best female mate in the world could not stop, and still cant stop sleeping around behind her boyfriends backs. Whether she has just started going out with them or has been with them a year, she cheats to the extremes but usually doesnt tell anyone else but me, so i have to keep my mouth shut all the time. One time she slept with her best friends boyfriends afew times and then they had to cover it up because they were seen doing it by someone walking by the car they were in in the pub car park so they asked me to provide an alibi...Thankfully now, she doesnt seem to keep her boyfriends long enough to mention cheating to me.
  • Options
    VinylVicky wrote:
    Eeek now we know women pass thrush to men but men only pass it on, they can't develop it. I kept my mouth shut!!! Well, they are over now so it would do more harm than good!.

Absolutely not true. I developed thrush when I was 14 - it was a good while later that I got intimate with a lady. :)