Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Electric shavers and epilators.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Do any girls use electric razors or epilators and if so how good are they at giving a smooth finish?

Comments

• Options
    I've never used anything so painful as the epilator. Though the only place I tried it was on the pubers. Electric shavers... the ones I bought once, for a test in the same area, gave me nothing more than a 5oclock shadow. Though I did just grab some cheap ones.

Never tried either anywhere else though.
  • Options
    \
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    I aint a bird but electric shavers are crap, better to use a normal manual.
  • Options
    Dont go for a epilator, as you can tell from other people they hurt like fuck! And trust me they do! Just stick with a normal shaver, much easier :yes:
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Random question but didn't want to start a new thread ...

If I epilate, how long will it last before I need to undergo more hair removal? Is it as long as waxing or the couple of days shaving lasts?
  • Options
    ^the rate of growth is similar to waxing because it pulls hair out from the root, so with epilating you're looking at weeks, rather than days with shaving.
  • Options
    Sorry for taking over your thread but which works better waxing or epilating?
  • Options
    \
  • Options
    sophia wrote:
    I think they're both pretty similar in terms of effects, but I think waxing is quicker and less painful. I wouldn't ever consider epilating, but that's just me, I think shaving soome places and waxing others works just fine.

Thank you
  • Options
    I've been looking at the epilators in Boots a lot recently and have to say I am sorely tempted. I regularly pluck my top lip, so it can hardly be any more painful than that! lol.
    I enjoy waxing, but to be able to epilate at home whenever I want is much easier than booking an appt, and then paying for the waxing.
  • Options
    I've always epilated.
    I didn't find them that bad to begin with, and can't really feel it now to be honest.
    I find it quite convinient not having to deal with my legs for weeks at a time. Also the hair grows out nicer than it does after shaving with a normal razor.
    That said, I'd never do the armpits with an epilator. Tried, and it was pure murder.

If you're getting one, then I'd recommend the braun ones. If you get a newer or older model, it doesn't really matter, it'll do it's job either way.
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    I'm with Dear Wendy on this one, I love my epilator, even for armpits. Its not that painful, and you get used to it.
  • Options
    Anyone use an electric razor regularly with good results?
  • Options
    I've got one, it's crap. I seriously need to buy a normal razor...
  • Options
    Epilators... I was whisked into a huge caravan type studio today and given a 'going over' with a Braun epilator.... (big Braun promotion in Brum Bull Ring)
    I have to say, they're pretty evil, but not as evil as plucking your top lip, so.. I've come to the conclusion I might buy one :yes: :D Got a free body massager kit too, just for being a guinea pig :naughty:
  • Options
    I'm tempted to but an epilator now as I do get sick of having to shave me legs every other day. Braunn is the one to get then? Any one imparticular?
  • Options
    Try something like http://www.boots.com/shop/product_details.jsp?productid=1068218 that. That's the one they used on me today.

Some women who tried the epilator today really didn't like it and asked to stop the trial. So, if you can, test one first because they're not cheap to buy.
  • Options
    Nice one. Cheers chick. I'm very tempted to buy that soon as I get paid cause I don't have time or money to get me waxing done professionally and find I don't get the same results when I try to do it meself.
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Electric shavers pwn.

Well, mens anyway.