Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Had problems with condoms?

**helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
Would you be willing to feature in a Channel Five show about sexual health?

Channel Five is looking to speak to a young heterosexual person (preferably male) who is over the age of consent and has experienced problems with condoms in the past e.g condoms have split or been the wrong size.

The programme will be aired on Monday so they would need to speak to someone today who is based in London. Anyone interested should call Shami Choudhry on 0161 227 9153.

As well as the case study, the show will feature an interview with Anne Weyman, chair of the fpa.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Well I don't really fit the bill, not being in the slightest but male but this seems like a good opportunity to start a rant about problems with condoms.

1. They are almost all latex, anything that isn't is ridiculously difficult to get hold of and really expensive compared to the rest. And even when you find them and buy them they only come in one style, which means they don't fit properly and come off so much more easily.

2. You always always always get judged to be making it up when a condom splits or comes off. You know what, sometimes it happens.
  • Options
    2. You always always always get judged to be making it up when a condom splits or comes off. You know what, sometimes it happens.
    Agreeing in large amounts here. Pregnancy or STIs don't always happen cos people are being stupid, and it pisses me off no end when people assume that.:mad:
  • Options
    I have never had a problem with a condom once it is on, they never split or come off me, but getting them on is a pain...i mean litterally, do not catch yourself at the wrong angle by accident because it really really hurts!
  • Options
    \
  • Options
    sophia wrote:
    Has anyone else found that condoms can break quite often if you're being a bit rough? (Not that that's ever happened to me, obviously, I'm asking for a friend. Ahem. :blush: )
    Heheh, nice save. Yeah, i find that too-although (and i hate to say it) it does depend on the size of the guy and the tightness of the girl.
  • Options
    I have to admit I have never given it much thought. I just take it for granted that they work ok, cause I've never had problems, but don't think about how they feel for a guy. As I'm not allergic to latex and rarely a condom has split on me and when it has, it's happened long before he cums anyways.
  • Options
    I often have (had actually) condoms split on me. I like it a bit rough which probably doesn't help, but it got to the point where almost 1 in 3 times is would break. Even when being more careful it used to break a shockingly large number of times!
  • Options
    \
  • Options
    sophia wrote:
    :blush: Yep, this has been my experience, have had to start using extra safe.
    You shouldn't have such as massive cock then. :p
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    You shouldn't have such as massive cock then. :p
    Everyones a comedian recently. :p
  • Options
    I use Extra Safe Durex all the time anyway. They all feel the same to me anyway, featherlite or whatever versions there are so i thought why not go for what are suppose to be the safest.

I just remembered the omly time ever i have had a problem with a condom once it was on, it was a Flavoured one that tore across the middle, was years ago though, no problems since, once i get it on.
  • Options
    Condoms do break, but if you are breaking more than 2 or 3 in every 100 then, to be quite honest, you are not putting them on correctly. Or you are being foolish and not using a kite-marked brand.

Even Durex, whose condoms are completely rubbish, aren't that rubbish.
  • Options
    i use durex and haven't had any problems as of yet
  • Options
    Ballerina wrote:
    i use durex and haven't had any problems as of yet
    It depends, I've only ever had one fail during sex, and it was a Durex.

The big problem I have with Durex is that the smell is disgusting, and they are very difficult to roll on with care. It's easy to tear one whilst rolling it on- several of mine have gone in the bin like that- and if you don't notice you've caught it it will fail later.

I always recommend Condomi in these threads.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    It depends, I've only ever had one fail during sex, and it was a Durex.

The big problem I have with Durex is that the smell is disgusting, and they are very difficult to roll on with care. It's easy to tear one whilst rolling it on- several of mine have gone in the bin like that- and if you don't notice you've caught it it will fail later.

I always recommend Condomi in these threads.
    yeah i find they're quite hard to roll down sometimes
  • Options
    they sort of go dry after a bit too
  • Options
    I've never used a condom, have 20 sitting around :) Because I'm on the implant we don't really feel the need for them. Pointless post, sorry lol
  • Options
    Not really pointless. But if your not in a relationship and you have sex, do you have sex with some one you dont know the full sexual history of...meaning if they have anything you might catch? Or do you use condoms but just not in a relationship?

Actually, thats all very personal. Maybe you shouldnt answer.
  • Options
    personally i use them as i'm still getting used to the pill/don't trust it 100% yet
  • Options
    Iv'e had them break on me, and not that you want to know but have also found a bit inside me :yuck:
  • Options
    thats beautiful.

Each to their own :razz:
  • Options
    I've never had any problems.

Although lately I have given these Durex Performa ago, pros of the condoms were they really do work I find in making you last longer.

BUT and it's a big but, I found that I didn't feel as hard when I've got it on, which resulted in less pleasureable feelings for me lol :D

I also found them a nightmare to roll down.

I would recommend them though if you are a bit of a Johnny two jerks and a squirt..

As I am not, I will not be using them after this pack ;)

Plus my girlfriend finally just went back on the pill (2 years after our son was born lol) - Yeehaw!
  • Options
    subject13 wrote:
    Not really pointless. But if your not in a relationship and you have sex, do you have sex with some one you dont know the full sexual history of...meaning if they have anything you might catch? Or do you use condoms but just not in a relationship?

Actually, thats all very personal. Maybe you shouldnt answer.
    It's a tiny bit personal, but don't worry :)

Answering your question, he's the only person I've ever had sex with, but if I wasn't in a relationship, and didn't know the person's sexual history then I would use a condom, wouldn't want to risk nasties tbh.
  • Options
    I would recommend them though if you are a bit of a Johnny two jerks and a squirt..

As I am not, I will not be using them after this pack ;)

That made me roar with laughter :lol:

I agree that the smell of Durex is pretty grim, though I find condoms on the whole a huge turn-off so that's just another tick in the negatives list for me. They do sometimes make things last a bit longer but to be honest that's not really worth it to me in the trade-off and so I have (well, my partners) rarely used them. I used to be incredibly vigilant about it when I first started having sex though... funny the way views on things like that change.
  • Options
    briggi wrote:
    That made me roar with laughter :lol:

I agree that the smell of Durex is pretty grim, though I find condoms on the whole a huge turn-off so that's just another tick in the negatives list for me. They do sometimes make things last a bit longer but to be honest that's not really worth it to me in the trade-off and so I have (well, my partners) rarely used them.
    And look at where it's got you. :p
  • Options
    And look at where it's got you. :p

Risk you take eh ;)