Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Big Brother 7

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    i dont give a shite tbh!
  • Options
    \
  • Options
    \
  • Options
    sophia wrote:

And saying "I think he's got it in him to do it" isn't the same thing as thinking he definitely did do it; I reckon he almost certainly has it in him, whether he did on this occasion is another matter.

Well I think I said, I'd like to think he hasn't got it in him. Maybe I didn't I'll have to look back at me posts but that's what I meant.

But what makes you say he 'almost certainly has it in him' - What makes you say that?
  • Options
    \
  • Options
    sophia wrote:
    Because I think he's a misogynist, and it just wouldn't surprise me at all if he was capable of it. I can't really explain it any further, there's just something about him I don't like, and no matter how often he bangs on about respecting women, he'll never make me believe it.

I'm not giving an opinion either way on whether I think he raped the glamour model however, and I doubt we'll ever know.

That's fair enough - I didn't like the guy from the moment he walked into Big Brother House. Thinking he could have any girl in that house. And I wouldn't put it past him if he has a history of charming a girl into thinking he really cares about them just to get them into bed and probably deletes their number of his phone soon as he gets what he wants.

But then raping a girl is a different thing all together.
    But again, I could be wrong as I wasn't there that night. Just how I see it from what's been said in the papers, etc.
  • Options
    Saying that a man "has got it in him" just because he has an attitude towards women is almost as silly as suggesting that a woman is 'asking for it' just because of what she's wearing, or how she dances etc.
  • Options
    Saying that a man "has got it in him" just because he has an attitude towards women is almost as silly as suggesting that a woman is 'asking for it' just because of what she's wearing, or how she dances etc.

Fair point I think.
  • Options
    \
  • Options

That's a redundant point. If a man "has it in him", then under the right circumstances (ie with the aid of alcohol) he can choose to commit a rape. Under no circumstances would a woman who was supposedly "asking for it" choose to be raped.

That said, back to Big Brother. I only really want Grace and Nikki back in the house. Whoever the other two are doesn't bother me.
  • Options
    sophia wrote:
    I think it's a ridiculous point, because with the man, we're talking about his attitudes towards women and whether that is likely to affect his behaviour towards them; whereas talking about women's dress, you're saying that a woman's style of clothing can influence how a man chooses to behave, which is quite clearly nonsense.

It's not silly or nonsense at all. People are blaming him for something based on their perception of him. The implication that as a 'player' type this automatically makes him the sort who could rape a woman is completely daft.
    sophia wrote:
    If someone hates women, I would have thought that would make them more likely to behave abusively towards them than one who doesn't.

From what I've seen, if anything he loves the women.
  • Options
    \
  • Options
    Yeah, point taking. I can see where yas are both coming from.
    And as I said before, I could be mistaken. We can agree to disagree :)

But yea back to the main subject - I wan Nikki, Grace, Jane + ...ah don't care who the forth is. But defintely want them three in to start more bitching in the house again cause it been getting boring :(
  • Options
    sophia wrote:
    Loving to fuck women is not the same as actually liking or respecting them.

Most men need to actually like a woman before they get jiggy with them. In any case, he's slimey, a total player and annoys the crap out of me but what I don't see in him is the violence needed to rape.
  • Options
    \
  • Options
    Yeah - I can't help feeling the 4 going back in is a ploy to get Nikki to challenge Pete to be the winner seeing as most of the country decided he'll come first about 2 months ago.
  • Options
    Yeah - I can't help feeling the 4 going back in is a ploy to get Nikki to challenge Pete to be the winner seeing as most of the country decided he'll come first about 2 months ago.

But I actually want Nikki to win hehe
    Pete is no doubt a great guy and will probably do so well soon as he gets outta the house. But it's just too damn predictable to let him win as everyone is expecting it. Let Nikki win shes the one that brought entertainment into the house. She was the won that kept even Pete going. Ever since she left, wee Pete has been sooo quiet. Bless him.
  • Options
    To go into the HND i want:

Spiral
    Lea
    Nikki
    Micheal

With Lea going into the main house
  • Options
    film_buff wrote:

With Lea going into the main house

Why ?

Nikki got to go in the main house, she will bring more humour than Leah.

Did anyone see her on Jerry today (leah that is) :eek2: (I aint read all replies so sorry if you have already discussed)
  • Options
    BeckyBoo wrote:

Did anyone see her on Jerry today (leah that is) :eek2: (I aint read all replies so sorry if you have already discussed)

Well I didn't see it. What happened?!
  • Options
    Well I didn't see it. What happened?!

It was an old Jerry show before she went on BB.

It was about her having surgery for bigger boobs and talking about other surgery shes had. God was she a stroppy bitch, she had a right attitute problem back then. The whole worlds against me attitude.
  • Options
    they've overdone it with the twists now. It's getting boring. I'm sick of new housemates.
  • Options
    Lil Laura wrote:
    I think I saw you at work the other day :o

:o probably. i seem to live there these days. when was it?
  • Options
    i want mikey, grace, nikki and errr..i dunno the other one to go back in.

grace and mikey purely 'cause i want to see what goes on. :D
  • Options
    I've complained to offcom about them shafting people out of the money for previous votes. No way should they be allowed to win.
  • Options

grace and mikey purely 'cause i want to see what goes on. :D

Oh yeah, never though of that. I wouldn't mind see how they get on in the house as well. See if Grace will treat him any differently.
  • Options
    Mist wrote:
    I've complained to offcom about them shafting people out of the money for previous votes. No way should they be allowed to win.

That's ridiculous. Please tell me you have something better to do with your time than file complaints about a TV show.
  • Options
    but mist only 1 of them will actually be allowed to win the money. they will be voted back in.
  • Options
    theyre meesing about with the format too much now i think, its doing my head in. not that ill stop watching, haha.

and i think the whole 'person who's been evicted can win' thing is a piece of nonsense. it totally goes against the whole effing concept of big brother.
  • Options
    paperdoll wrote:
    theyre meesing about with the format too much now i think, its doing my head in. not that ill stop watching, haha.

and i think the whole 'person who's been evicted can win' thing is a piece of nonsense. it totally goes against the whole effing concept of big brother.

The winning person is probably a fix anyway so it doesn't matter does it?