Home Help Desk
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

how can you close your thesit.org account

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
edited January 2023 in Help Desk
any ideas?
Beep boop. I'm a bot.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Why do you want to?

I would say have a word with Helen or somebody about it.
    never type in the address bar vbulletin.thesite.org.uk/ into your address bar.
    my_name wrote:
    never type in the address bar vbulletin.thesite.org.uk/ into your address bar.

:yes: And why do you want to close your account? And this really shouldn't be in here...
    This is the most read section anyway so I thought id get more replies....
    But it's the wrong forum. It'll get moved now I think.
  • littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    And I don't think it is the most read section, anyway.

You need a good reason to be able to delete your account I think.
    Well if everybody put any topic in any section because it was the most read there'd be no reason for seperate topics :\
    Sofie wrote:
    And this really shouldn't be in here...

Should if he's wanting to end his relationship with thesite.org... ;) :yes:
    \
    If you want to stop using your account then simply stop using it. As a result the account is effectively closed, you can subscribe from any thread you've subsribed to through your user cp.

If you want everything to no longer be identified with you then let us know, we can remove the account and your posts will be displayed as by 'guest'

If you want to delete your account completely you'd need to explain why in a PM to me or **Helen** and we'll discuss the situation, since deleting your account damages other's post counts and google results, as well as removing advice you'd been given from general circulation.

Has to be the first time I've ever heard someone describe relationships as the busiest section though.

Anyway, back to packing my bag...
    If for any reason at all, I want to stop posting at a forum I tend to change the password to something that I won't remember. When I feel that I want to go back, I get my password emailed to me.
    You can check out any time you like, but you cant ever leeeeaaaaavvvveee
    I just don't to have the mick taken out of me anymore...
    \
    I just don't to have the mick taken out of me anymore...
    By who?
    I don't mean been horrible to me directly as to say "oh johnnyboy503 is a blah blah blah" but I mean when I type some stuff on some topics on the board I get a really sarcastic reply or just get yelled at for posting.

Sophia: I really appreciate your posts and you have been nothing but honest which isn't harsh to me at all.

What did upset me though is in the thread where people wrote "I love these threads from these boys who can't get a girl and think there all bitches" or somthing like this. This actually made me regret posting or even signing up on the board.

Look, im not a bad guy, im a poor inexperienced kid who just wants some help, I havn't got a grudge against women and Im not really bitter all the time. I just come on here to just let it all out. I mentioned in a post I really fucked up with a girl and she humilated me because of it. Im just wary of girls now and trying to stop myself from doing anything as stupid as that again.
    There are lots of sarcastic people on this board as in real life. It's just something you need to take on the shoulder tbh.
    Its not the greatest thing in the world if you put somthing personal to you in a post and you get some gimp taking the piss is it though?
    Unfortunately squire, it's the way of the world. Sometimes people can't read everything from just a post - and, by the same token, you can't always read what people really mean just by looking at the text in their post.

Carry on being you - bollocks to what other people think of you. If you want to remain here and be able to participate in discussions and ask for advice, then do it. Nobody matters but you. If people aren't 'getting' what you mean, or you perceive them to be taking the piss, then try reasoning with them.

:)
    thank you...
    hey johnny keep your head up man...

this site is to be helpful this site is for people like you...everyone is allowed to ask a question..this site is for help ful input and not open ended sarcasm.

hey do not be afraid to ask if anyone has a problem with your questions then it only means 1 thing they have been on these site wayyyyyyyy to long.
    I do agree that there are a lot of people here that seem nasty. TBH they do it to look good and to get peope to laugh with them and what they are saying. I agree sometimes people need brutally honest but a lot of people on here are dicks. I couldnt care less if someone wants to be a smart arse with me. But you have to think, would these people really talk to you like that i reality? Some people find it really fun to be mean. I have the driest sense of humour going but in a way where you know it's fun. Some people here think it makes them look good to be nasty.
    There's a fine line between humour and nastiness and some people will never ever get the hang of being funny.
    VinylVicky wrote:
    I do agree that there are a lot of people here that seem nasty. TBH they do it to look good and to get peope to laugh with them and what they are saying. I agree sometimes people need brutally honest but a lot of people on here are dicks. I couldnt care less if someone wants to be a smart arse with me. But you have to think, would these people really talk to you like that i reality? Some people find it really fun to be mean. I have the driest sense of humour going but in a way where you know it's fun. Some people here think it makes them look good to be nasty.
    There's a fine line between humour and nastiness and some people will never ever get the hang of being funny.

ya i agree

its sad really because they treat this as if its their only life...

people actually need advice without being cruel...honesty can come in all forms but the best to me is the honesty that helps and doesnt sound mean.

The first intention of this site was to help people not to belittle them.

I understand how johnny feels sometimes people will get scared to even register or post after seeing the supposedly brutal honest attacks...people can say all they want saying but im honest or deal with it thats life...but those same people if someone mad fun of them or hurt there feeling in real life will turn to someone for comfort they are not as strong as they dish out trust me.

we should comfort those who need our help some people dont have the courage to talk to someone in real life about problems thats why they post here...people should be a bit more considerate.
    Saying, that there are some really nice people on here. And people deserving a little abuse. Before people start moaning hehe as it's not possible to describe and cater for every type of person on here!
  • littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    VinylVicky wrote:

Generally, I agree with what you are saying. There *are* a lot of people like that.

However, I have also found that if you have a genuine problem you *will* get the advice you need.

But if you start to come across as a cocky wee shite with no respect for the advice given then you won't get far.
    I feel for you Johnny dude, you've been caught up in a weird time on the relationship boards but I really don't think anyone was getting at you in particular, I really don't, you just happened to get hit by stray fire.

Stick with it, there are some awesome people on here.
    I asked Jim that the other day, just stop posting instead.