Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

FAO Rachie

Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
I saw an interesting plane in Berlin! ZOMG. A tupolev, in Aeroflot livery. I haven't seen one of these before!

How ace do they look? So, I have seen an Il-76 in Bratislava and a Tu-154in Berlin. Russian plane list grows...

/Plane geek thread again.

Comments

• Options
    A bit like this?

It seems Russian jets often smoke like hell - the MiG-29 is terrible for it! Guess they should maintain them better. Videoing take-off is always fun - especially when you just lift off. I should have got one of the poor landing at Stansted, but I was too tired. (Ryanair need to give Pilots better landing practice. :( )
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    I saw an interesting plane in Berlin! ZOMG. A tupolev, in Aeroflot livery. I haven't seen one of these before!

How ace do they look? So, I have seen an Il-76 in Bratislava and a Tu-154in Berlin. Russian plane list grows...

/Plane geek thread again.

Russian Planes are cool,

It's impressive what they've been able to do on their limited resources - if they had the money the US has they'd be doing some truly amazing things.
  • Options
    rachie004 wrote:
    and it serves you right for flying with Ryanair :p

I am a poor student, like I can afford GOOD airlines.
    rachie004 wrote:
    I felt sorry for the poor sods with just their lap belts *evil laugh* )

Diamond - if the Russians had US money, they'd probably do the same as they are now, but buy more Vodka. :p

Nah, they'd be up thier ruling the skies again. We'd definatley have Plasma stealth by now on thier planes - they really want that, but just can't afford it. Probably have got some new bombers too (they slightly need some, to be fair.)

Can but hope thier economy picks up. They make the worlds best jets as it is... imagine what funds would do!
  • Options
    rachie004 wrote:
    but Ryanair though? seriously?
    :p £40 return to Berlin... cheapness!

(I mean, I don't know if our arriving in one piece is guaranteed, but cheapness!)

Who would you propose I use for such low prices instead?
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    and i thought the train spotters were bad enough:grump:
  • Options
    rachie004 wrote:
    British Airways OBVIOUSLY - they've launched loads of new low fares, and they have excellent safety standards and the bestest cabin crew

/blatent plug :p

Alright, I'll try them next time. Are you SURE they have low fares?! :p

I know they inflight meal is edible, too!