Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Ridiculous bra question.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I know you're all going to laugh, but does anyone else have a boob size discrepancy? Like, not just the usual not exactly the same, but actually quite different? If so, when buying bras, which size of boob do you cater to?

Mine are not noticeably different to other people (until I point it out), but in terms of cup sizes, one is about 1-2 sizes bigger than the other, and it's a pain in the arse.

I was considering going to get measured, and asking them, but these days they always tell you some ridiculous low back size and high cup size (conspiracy to make you buy expensive bras?) and I just feared them telling me i was a 22HH or something equally laughable, and then directing me to the 22HH range, starting at £40. You know the deal.

Anyway, is it better to buy for the bigger one, and have one baggy side, buy for the smaller and have one busting out, or buy in between, and have neither side fit properly?

:(:blush: :shocking:

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Id buy for the bigger side, imo.

But I dont have that problem, just if you buy for the smaller one you'll end up with 'Britney Boobs'
    Char_Baby wrote:
    'Britney Boobs'

Would you care to explain ? Being neither a fan of said Britney or a breast man ;)
    I have the same problem. I notice it but others do not unless I point it out (I do not make a habit of it though) I always but for the bigger side.
    Its when your bra is too small, so you kinda spill out of the top, making it look like you have four boobs. As sported by everyones favourite piece of trailer trash
    I guess it makes sense to buy the bigger one, but then what to do with the small side? Just leave it baggy? Stuff it?

Buy just one chicken fillet?

:(
    kaffrin wrote:
    I guess it makes sense to buy the bigger one, but then what to do with the small side? Just leave it baggy? Stuff it?

Buy just one chicken fillet?

:(

I normally adjust the straps to make it fit better
    ButtonMoon wrote:
    I normally adjust the straps to make it fit better

Doesn't that make one high and one low? Unless I am doing it too much?

I wouldn't mind, but I think my bigger boob is GROWING :nervous:
    Is it really that noticeable?
    Char_Baby wrote:
    Is it really that noticeable?

It is to me.
    kaffrin wrote:
    Doesn't that make one high and one low? Unless I am doing it too much?

I wouldn't mind, but I think my bigger boob is GROWING :nervous:

I only do it slightly.

We are our own worst critics when it comes to our body. As you said, it is not noticeable to others unless you point it out.

How about a bra with removable padding? Leave the padding in on the smaller side and take it out on the other.
    I would get one chicken fillet to fill the smaller one out a little.
    ButtonMoon wrote:
    How about a bra with removable padding? Leave the padding in on the smaller side and take it out on the other.

I've tried that before, but the small one is still quite a bit too small. Tssk.

Might try the chicken fillet trick, for shits and giggles.
    kaffrin wrote:
    I've tried that before, but the small one is still quite a bit too small. Tssk.

Might try the chicken fillet trick, for shits and giggles.

I have a wonderbra which has 2 chicken fillets in both sides (one smaller than the other), perhaps you could hunt one of those out and take both out on one side if its alot different.
    bit expensive...but your good with sewing and stuff, couldnt you buy one bra to fit one breast, and another to fit that one, cut them both down the middle and join the sizes you need together?
    ButtonMoon wrote:
    And then add the one you've taken out, to the one you've left in... so you have two pads in one cup and none in the other...?
    And then add the one you've taken out, to the one you've left in... so you have to pads in one cup and none in the other...?

yeah, that is what I was trying to say
    Blah wrote:
    bit expensive...but your good with sewing and stuff, couldnt you buy one bra to fit one breast, and another to fit that one, cut them both down the middle and join the sizes you need together?

You're either a genius, or you're batshit insane. I'll let you know which. :p

Do Primada still do those £3 bras?
    kaffrin wrote:

are you thinking of constructing a £6 primark superbra?
    MrG wrote:
    are you thinking of constructing a £6 primark superbra?

:yes:

Cut and shut lingerie for the win!
    kaffrin wrote:
    :yes:

Cut and shut lingerie for the win!

:D
    Char_Baby wrote:
    Its when your bra is too small, so you kinda spill out of the top, making it look like you have four boobs.

Ah right. Thank you.
    kaffrin wrote:
    You're either a genius, or you're batshit insane. I'll let you know which. :p

Bras that cheap!!! :shocking: Can I send you some money and you buy me some :p

10 bras for the price of one. Woot.
    I was in Primark yesterday and tried to get supplies for the frankenbra, but not only did they not do the cheap ones in either of my sizes (or even the slightly wrong size I normally get and then alter), I was also with my mum, who pointed and laughed when I told her my idea, and said I should just go big and stuff it.

Pfff.
    How crap
    What about George at asda?