Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Tony Blair

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey

I apologise beforehand if this topic has come up more than once. I was having a discussion about Blair with some work mates today and one of them said he believes that there was no need to become involved in the war on Iraq because it wasn't our business. He believes behind the scenes America are helping to fuel our economy that he believes would fail without them, he also mentioned that there are no jobs so how does the economy keep running so well.

I'm not one to really follow politics but I wasn't sure if i agreed. What do you think America does for Blair that is unseen by us, if anything.

Steve

Comments

• Options
    Hmm, it is true that certain industries do very well from wars. Dunno how much of that is in Britain though.

As for there being no jobs, where's that from? Last I heard we had one of the lowest unemployment rates in Europe.
  • Options
    Hmm, it is true that certain industries do very well from wars. Dunno how much of that is in Britain though.

As for there being no jobs, where's that from? Last I heard we had one of the lowest unemployment rates in Europe.

Thats what I thought when I said I aint sure If I agreed.
  • Options
    i doubt america does much for us to be honest. i'm actually gaining more respect for blair but i still think that he spends way too much time running around ingratiatingly after Bush, and getting very little in return. the US certainly isn't propping up our economy - we're not worth enough to them - we don't have the oil now do we...:chin: