Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Opium: damn, withdrawl comes QUICK!+?s for experianced users...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I started opium this past month and I did it my first time (less than a half dose) on Monday, then again on Friday. Then next week I had some (about 3/4 dose each time) on Monday and wednesday. The fifth (and as of yet, final) time on Friday and I finally took just slightly over a full dose and two bowls of pot. By Sunday I had a scorching headache and felt sick all day. Even on Monday a lingering headache and nausea came and went. Was I going through withdrawl ALREADY!? After only 5 times, only 1 of which was a full dose?

Also, for experianced users, how much do you need to consume for a very vivid experiance? Only one time did I have very lucid dreams, which was very nice, but I just feel that it could have been better. Also, what are the differences between smoking and oral consumption?

Any and all responses would be ACE, my friends...

Comments

• Options
    I've never tried opium and i don't think alot of people in the UK would have unless they were in a different country and tried it.

I'd say ask over on bluelight.nu, they might be able to tell you a bit more.
  • Options
    Hey there pusher, long time. :wave:
    I'd be amazed if you were experienceing withdrawal symptoms from using 5 times and with as much time as you had inbetween uses. Though, I don't really know too much about using raw opium... I'm assuming it's the same as morphine & codeine though I'm aware there are two other active alkaloids. Could you have gotten some common sickness?
    What does a "full dose" equal up to?
  • Options
    Ah yes, good to see you again as well, kill! :thumb:

Well, using the book Opium for the Masses (very reputable book, as advertised regularly in High Times) as reference, I typically made tea out of dried heads. Using this method, 10 grams is a normal dose (stems count as roughly 1/3 potency of the heads), but there were times when I dried the solution to made raw opium (I documented very closely how much was used to make it to be safe). The time I tried a full dose, I used about 11.5 grams of dried and ate a bit of the strained residue on crackers.

But I don't think that those symptons were from getting sick, I'm pretty sure it was directly related to the opium use. When I was reading the earlier chapters of the book, it did state that your body becomes dependant very quickly and that withdrawl involves physical pain more than mental withdrawl and jitters. Although it didn't really elaborate on just HOW quickly, so I'm not really sure.

Ah well, in any case I am loving absinthe more than any other drug right now, so I may lay off the opium for a while. Someday I would like to have an out-of-body opium experiance like you hear in stories, though. Just not today!

Also, on a side note, opium is byfar the most easily obtained, cultivated, and cheapest drug in existance. Of course I didn't realise thisa myself until I read this book, but trust me-it is!

Good seeing you all again!:yippe:
  • Options
    Also, on a side note, opium is byfar the most easily obtained, cultivated, and cheapest drug in existance. Of course I didn't realise thisa myself until I read this book, but trust me-it is!

Good seeing you all again!:yippe:
    Interesting, I've never ever seen it around here. I hear cultivation is pretty easy though with proper seads. Which are very obtainable :D
    Now that I'm interested in your symptoms...
    Have you used any opiate pharmacuticals in the same way
    (being same overall duration) you've been using the opium?
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    I'm hoping that Blagsta or Bongbudda can answer the question of whether tolerance could build up over the amount of times you say you used it, but I don't see why it wouldn't....
  • Options
    I very much doubt tolerance would have built up over just a few uses, especially because they weren't on consequetive days.
  • Options
    [QUOTE=]Alkaloids found in Opium will build up in your system and stay there for 24 to 48 hours, so using every other day is going to get you into trouble real fast... These [withdrawal symptoms] will usually begin 8 - 24 hours after the last dose, peak within 48 - 72 hours, and subside in about 7 - 10 days... Thirty mg. of morphine daily may induce some withdrawal signs, while 60 mg. daily are clearly addicting. [/QUOTE]
    So looking at your second week, you could have built up a tolerance and a physical addiction.
  • Options
    LadyJade wrote:
    I'm hoping that Blagsta or Bongbudda can answer the question of whether tolerance could build up over the amount of times you say you used it, but I don't see why it wouldn't....

Tbh, I always forget how long it takes for a habit to take hold. I'll ask at work tomorrow (if I remember, my memory isn't too great).
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    Blagsta wrote:
    Tbh, I always forget how long it takes for a habit to take hold. I'll ask at work tomorrow (if I remember, my memory isn't too great).
    That would be helpful, if you remember, cheers!
  • Options
    LadyJade wrote:

To be quite honest I havent commented because opiates really arent something I know all that much about.
  • Options
    Nah trust me, it takes over a week of daily use at least to get a slight tolerance, very mild addiction maybe.
  • Options
    LadyJade wrote:
    That would be helpful, if you remember, cheers!

A colleague reckoned a couple of weeks of daily use of heroin would lead to a habit with withdrawals. I'd think its unlikely for a few days of opium use to lead to a habit, but it's possible I guess. Everyone's physiology is different.
  • Options
    Great find, kill. I appreciate all the feedback from everyone else too. Since posting this I have not touched the stuff. Ah well, one more drug that I can cross off my favourites list. I gotta admit though, those people selling the heads on eBay (legal, at least for the time being) make a KILLING! *sob* I own no land of my own...