Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

GCSE Results - 24th August

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Anyone nervous? I am !
Just hope I get the grades I was predicted.
Whats everyone predicted to get?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Iv'e got my AS Level results on the 17th. Not nervous but i hope iv'e done alright.
    i'm not nervous yet.
    I don't think i've done as well as i could have - but i think i've done alright. They won't be on my CV in a few years anyway. I'll be in bournemouth when they come so if i get time i'll pop on and post them if they're good!
    I didn't see the point in getting too faffed over them as they're not that important. As long as you get enough to go where you want to go next it doesn't matter. I still put alot of effort in though but i wasn't going to all the after school clubs and stuff. It annoys me when all the huge brain boxes are like ''oh my god if i don't like get 6 As and the rest Bs then i'll cry!'' and get themselves in a state.
    I'm too laid back :p
    Good luck you three. I'm nervous as well - I have to get my AS level result (in the end, I only took one because I struggled) and have to go bck the following week to get my GNVQ results, apparantely.
    Good luck all of you
    Good luck guys, I wasn't nervous about my GCSE results last year, I got excited! But that was mainly because I couldn't wait to prove a point [stops before she rambles]

I didn't have a results day this year, I just keep getting random certificates through the post, so I know I've passed when I see them :) It sucks. Never mind.
    nicx1811 wrote:
    Good luck guys, I wasn't nervous about my GCSE results last year, I got excited! But that was mainly because I couldn't wait to prove a point [stops before she rambles]

I didn't have a results day this year, I just keep getting random certificates through the post, so I know I've passed when I see them :) It sucks. Never mind.
    we have to go in and collect them. If we don't then they're posted. And we have to go to this awards evening in december to get our certificates or else they get sent back and we have to pay for new ones!
    Ballerina wrote:
    we have to go in and collect them. If we don't then they're posted. And we have to go to this awards evening in december to get our certificates or else they get sent back and we have to pay for new ones!

Yeah that was the same for us, I went in with my cousin last year. Our certificates were in November though. What a overly faffy thing that was :rolleyes:

College just post them onto me when they recieve them though, theres far too many people at a college to do a awards evening thank god!
    Thanks for the good luck, i will probably need it!
    i never get why people say good luck, you've already done the exams!
    a levels a week before on the 17th isnt it?
    MrG wrote:
    a levels a week before on the 17th isnt it?

Yeah, which is why i said i get my AS Levels on the 17th :P

I know what you mean about the good luck thing lucifer, but it's just a nice thing to say i suppose.
    i never get why people say good luck, you've already done the exams!
    me neither. Sadly nothing will change whats gonna come on that bit of paper in 3 weeks :(
    just politeness
    squeal16 wrote:
    Yeah, which is why i said i get my AS Levels on the 17th :P

I know what you mean about the good luck thing lucifer, but it's just a nice thing to say i suppose.

i did ask because i had a fit of unsureness as to AS and A level being released on the same day
    MrG wrote:
    i did ask because i had a fit of unsureness as to AS and A level being released on the same day

I'm pretty sure it is on the same day.
    Ballerina wrote:

We had to go in and collect ours as well. We had a coffee morning thing where we had to go and collect them.
    Sofie wrote:
    We had to go in and collect ours as well. We had a coffee morning thing where we had to go and collect them.
    i don't see why we have to wait till december to get our certificates - 5 months after we get the results! Does the certificate say what grade you got aswell?
    Not too thrilled about a presentation evening either - they don't half drag on! Its why i never go to the ones for dancing (which is also in december)anymore either. They just give my medals and certificates when we go back after xmas.
    Ballerina wrote:
    Does the certificate say what grade you got aswell?
    Yes they say the grades on them (but not the actual percentage or points that you got, just the letter grade).

You get one certificate per exam board at GCSE so you might end up with several certificates.

If you fail any subjects then this is not recorded on the certificate so you can still deny that you ever took the exam in the future!
    But you did units (like GNVQ ICT) and passed some of the units, you get unit credits.
    Randomgirl wrote:
    Yes they say the grades on them (but not the actual percentage or points that you got, just the letter grade).

You get one certificate per exam board at GCSE so you might end up with several certificates.

If you fail any subjects then this is not recorded on the certificate so you can still deny that you ever took the exam in the future!

Yeah and the certificates make you look super clever... I love mine, last year when I went up to college I only had the paper I got with my results on and it had to be in all my folders :( BUt this year, I get to use photocopies of my certificates :hyper: I think they're brilliant, especially now I've got college ones as well.
    Just thought I'd post you some linsk to our articles on exam results:

Exam results stress

Low GCSE or SQA results

Post GCSE options

Post GCSE qualifications

Good luck y'all :thumb:
  • BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    slightly off topic, but I never got my certificates, and I am sure that i dont need them now, but do you know if i can still get them from somewhere?
    We haven't been told what time we have to go in or what room to go to on the 24th. Do all of your results come in one envelope? We didn't get anything explained to us!
    __tink wrote:
    We haven't been told what time we have to go in or what room to go to on the 24th. Do all of your results come in one envelope? We didn't get anything explained to us!

We were allowed in any time after 9am. Your results are on one bit of paper.
    If you took a module in the summer, then you'd get the following:

Subject, Board, Board Series, Grade Year 11 (and some other random stuff that i can't remember)

Subject, Board, board Seres, Overall Grade

Or something like that. I can check Monday morning and post what exactly is put on the piece of paper if anyone wants me to?
    When i got my results it was any time after 9am and we just went to the reception and they had them there. Well i was late so i had to go to the staff room, but someone will be around, plus all your friends will be there so i'm sure you will find out easily where to go.
    I get mine on the 8th :nervous:
    Jazza wrote:
    I get mine on the 8th :nervous:

Good luck!

We had to go to the 6th form common room to get ours.
    Sofie wrote:
    Good luck!

We had to go to the 6th form common room to get ours.
    Cheers!

We get ours delivered by post :D
    well after everything that has happened to me i am just pleased to have done them at all, good grades will be a bonus :) two years ago not even my parents thought i would live to do them.
    To those of you going to get them this year, allow me to share with you my memories from that day nearly five years ago.

I had to go into our main school hall, and get the results from the Deputy Headmaster. He also happened to be my Geography teacher for the two GCSE years. He went through a series of slips, and came across my name. He then showed me the slip, and showed me how I'd done in each subject. Back then, I was a far more reserved chap. I was happy, but felt uncomfortable showing it. What I say to those of you getting them is, don't be. If you feel like punching the air in happiness, go for it. Or if the results are not as good as you wanted, don't panic. It's possible to do re-sits in many of the exams in question, so it's not the end of the world if things go wrong.

Just go in with your heads held high, and your fingers crossed. Mine will certainly be crossed for you on that morning. :)
    Bunny_0_ wrote:
    slightly off topic, but I never got my certificates, and I am sure that i dont need them now, but do you know if i can still get them from somewhere?
    In theory, you could contact the exam boards in question and see what they say about it. They'll all got websites and are easily contactable. I'm not sure, however, that as a postgraduate student, you would have any need for your GCSE certificates. I never collected mine, and I have never been asked to show them.
    I get my NVQ exam results on the 15th and I'm bricking it already, I'm really not sure whether I've passed one of the core exams. :nervous: I still wont have completed my NVQ as I need to finish off the work for one of the units, which I still cant be arsed to do, but need to otherwise I cant leave my job.