Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Why are men so confusing?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Come on guys, why?

Today my boyfriend tells me that he's been asked to go away for a couple of days with some friends down south and asks me if it's alright.

Instead of dragging it out and wanting him to stay and making him feel "guilty" for going i say yeah sure i don't mind and ask a few questions about it.

Saying this i thought would save the possibility of having a small argument and him hopefully feeling happy that it's all okay with him to go and will enjoy himself with the guys.

However i now get told that i don't care because i don't seem to mind.

Either way it seems you just can't win with men :grump:

Comments

• Options
    squeal16 wrote:
    Come on guys, why?

Today my boyfriend tells me that he's been asked to go away for a couple of days with some friends down south and asks me if it's alright.

Instead of dragging it out and wanting him to stay and making him feel "guilty" for going i say yeah sure i don't mind and ask a few questions about it.

Saying this i thought would save the possibility of having a small argument and him hopefully feeling happy that it's all okay with him to go and will enjoy himself with the guys.

that sounds like more of a woman thing tbh!
  • Options
    men are just as confusing to us, as we are to them.
  • Options
    I was going to put that comment but i decided not to.

It's true, but we don't hide our feelings as much as men do unfortunately.
  • Options
    squeal16 wrote:
    I was going to put that comment but i decided not to.

It's true, but we don't hide our feelings as much as men do unfortunately.
    im more like a bloke when it comes to relationships
  • Options
    squeal16 wrote:
    Come on guys, why?

Of course we men have to be cautious. We can never be sure if you say "A" that in reality you don't mean/want "B". So if you put it off like "yeah, i don't mind, go ahead." It sounds like you wanna make us feel guilty, because we fricken experienced it already a dozen times.

Try to be a bit more encouraging. Why should you forbid your friend to go on vacation? Tell him, "hey, i think that's cool. Snap me some shots, guess I will be doing some ladies nights then around the place. Have a nice weekend/week/whatever."

If you try to keep him caged you are going to get the opposite.
  • Options
    squeal16 wrote:

He sounds more like a boy than a man tbh.
  • Options
    StrubbleS wrote:
    Of course we men have to be cautious. We can never be sure if you say "A" that in reality you don't mean/want "B". So if you put it off like "yeah, i don't mind, go ahead." It sounds like you wanna make us feel guilty, because we fricken experienced it already a dozen times.

Try to be a bit more encouraging. Why should you forbid your friend to go on vacation? Tell him, "hey, i think that's cool. Snap me some shots, guess I will be doing some ladies nights then around the place. Have a nice weekend/week/whatever."

If you try to keep him caged you are going to get the opposite.

Did you not read what she actually wrote sweetie? She is trying to be encouraging and everything so that her boyf can go off and enjoy his weekend.

But because she is being encouraging, he is accusing her of not caring.

Maybe try an "i'll miss you when you're gone, but i hope you have fun"
  • Options
    Did you not read what she actually wrote sweetie? She is trying to be encouraging and everything so that her boyf can go off and enjoy his weekend.

But because she is being encouraging, he is accusing her of not caring.

Maybe try an "i'll miss you when you're gone, but i hope you have fun"

Yeah i explained it to him and he's cool with it, thanked me for understanding and what not.

And JC, just because he said that doesn't make him any less than a man than you are.