Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Age difference...

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Well I might make the odd exception.
    :flirt:
  • Options
    sophia wrote:
    Exactly, for a foxy lady like SCC you'd be mad not to :p

Although of course NMM might kick your head in.
    trudat!
  • Options
    I think I'm more bothered about the younger age limit to be honest. I know that 1990 is technically legal, but there's something about "I just finished school" that freaks me out a bit.

it's only 6 years...but I do see where you're coming from.
  • Options
    i dont think theres a problem in having a 7 year age gap :)
    although i guess there is a point when it becomes a bit.. iffy !!

my dad is 55 and he was dating a 23 year old last year :grump: disregarding the fact that i thought she was a right trollop and was only with him for his money, i thought the age gap in that case was waaay too much
  • Options
    soraliah wrote:
    i dont think theres a problem in having a 7 year age gap :)
    although i guess there is a point when it becomes a bit.. iffy !!

my dad is 55 and he was dating a 23 year old last year :grump: disregarding the fact that i thought she was a right trollop and was only with him for his money, i thought the age gap in that case was waaay too much
    not long ago a 17 year old girl married a 64 year old man! I think that is a bit too much tbh.
  • Options
    Surely theres a million and one threads on age difference. Its like the anal sex of the relationships board.

Speaking of, we havn't had one of those in ages :chin:

Anyways, I agree with this:
    nmm is 4 years younger than me. It makes no real difference when youre past childhood in my opinion
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    Surely theres a million and one threads on age difference. Its like the anal sex of the relationships board.

Speaking of, we havn't had one of those in ages :chin:
    :lol::lol:
  • Options
    Sofie wrote:
    it's only 6 years...but I do see where you're coming from.
    Yeah but 6 years when one of you is 16 is loads.
  • Options
    I say go for it. Your both adults so sod what anyone else thinks. I went out on a date with a 34 year old guy a couple of weeks ago and im 22
  • Options
    It occurs to me in ~90% of the >2-3 year age gap relationships that the girl is the younger and the boy the older :/

That can't be coincidence.
  • Options
    Yeah but 6 years when one of you is 16 is loads.

And that's why I said I can understand why you said that.
  • Options
    nmm is 4 years younger than me. It makes no real difference when youre past childhood in my opinion

I agree.

Although I think younger men are definitely the way forward. ;)
  • Options
    Age isn't important if you like him.
  • Options
    if he's nice then give it a go! he's not bothered about the age so why should you be. :)
  • Options
    kaffrin wrote:
    definitely ;)
  • Options
    Pocky wrote:
    I guess I only care when the girl/guy is old enough to be the significant other's child or when someone is 16 or younger.

Agreed.
    Without causing a fuss, or without causing issues in the relationship? Without causing a fuss, I'd say about 25 and over would start to cause raised eyebrows.

I'm 26, currently dating an 18 year old. But then I've got the whole Peter Pan thing going on. I've been ID'ed twice this year already, and I always get shocked expressions when I tell people how old I am.

Any other guys out there who look way younger than they are? Do you find it hard to get a girl your own age? All my girlfriends have been 18 or 19. Not that I'm complaining. :D
  • Options
    kaffrin wrote:
    I agree.

I've never fancied anyone younger than me... They've always either been the same age as me or quite a bit older...
  • Options
    Toyboy is the way to go.:yes:
  • Options
    Ballerina- Nah, we sorted everything out :)
  • Options
    Tweety wrote:
    Toyboy is the way to go.:yes:
    oyer!
  • Options
    your-babe wrote:
    Ballerina- Nah, we sorted everything out :)
    ah its just im getting a bit lost - you seem to have split up a few times or it might be me. :confused:
  • Options
    Ballerina wrote:
    ah its just im getting a bit lost - you seem to have split up a few times or it might be me. :confused:

It's not just you - I thought they'd split up a few times as well. Oh well.
  • Options
    I'm 26, currently dating an 18 year old. But then I've got the whole Peter Pan thing going on. I've been ID'ed twice this year already, and I always get shocked expressions when I tell people how old I am.

Any other guys out there who look way younger than they are? Do you find it hard to get a girl your own age? All my girlfriends have been 18 or 19. Not that I'm complaining. :D
    I'm the same as you, too. My last girlfriend was 17 when we were going out, and I've pulled one of my cousin's friends who was 16, when I was 21. Neither raised any eyebrows, because people usually think I'm a few years younger than I am. I certainly won't be complaining when we have our occasional trips to our old uni in a few years time and I can still pull all the 18 year olds. :p

Oh yeah, forgot about your question. I'd say yeah, I find it hard to find a girlfriend my own age. I don't find it any harder to pull girls my own age or older, but I don't think many see me as boyfriend material.
  • Options
    Ballerina wrote:
    Yeah we have split up a few times before. They all were justified though, none of them were pleasant, but think people-especially friends, are starting to get bored of me saying we're going through a rough time etc.
  • Options
    your-babe wrote:
    Yeah we have split up a few times before. They all were justified though, none of them were pleasant, but think people-especially friends, are starting to get bored of me saying we're going through a rough time etc.
    well if you carry on being on and off, you ought to stop and think about whats causing it and see if you can sort it
  • Options
    I seem to fancy girls that are a couple of years older then me, one even acosted me and went "ah I'm older then you" in her Italian accent, I dunno if thats a compliment or what :hyper:
  • Options
    Ballerina wrote:
    well if you carry on being on and off, you ought to stop and think about whats causing it and see if you can sort it
    Yeah, thankyou. :)