Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Freshers 2006!!!!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    foreign wrote:
    freshman 2007...represent...lol

What does that mean? My American slang isn't that great. Though I did go to an American slang lesson whilst in Russia. I now know what po-po means.
    What does that mean? My American slang isn't that great. Though I did go to an American slang lesson whilst in Russia. I now know what po-po means.

look
    I think he meant the freshman part.
    foreign wrote:

Thank you. But do bear in mind that, as you may have already ascertained, most people on this board, in fact like 95% of us are British and thus sometimes, despite the obvious presence of American TV etc. that we have over here, some of your slang may fall on culturally ignorant ears.

But then we can hit you with ; I pulled a well fit bird last night. ;)
    Yay .. i've pretty much sent off everything now ready for uni! Student loan sorted as well so now i just have to sit back and wait for them to send me stuff .. not long! not long!
    I still have no job and nowhere to live. Apart from that, it's all good :thumb:
    Well just been on the guild website of Aston and they've put up a list of whats happening in Freshers Week. Seems like the usual stuff you'd expect .. school disco thingy, pirates fancy dress etc etc. Even MORE excited now :D
    GoodFella wrote:
    Well just been on the guild website of Aston and they've put up a list of whats happening in Freshers Week. Seems like the usual stuff you'd expect .. school disco thingy, pirates fancy dress etc etc. Even MORE excited now :D
    School disco? Oh my god...:yuck:
    \
    sophia wrote:
    Oh Stargalaxy, what a ray of sunshine you are in our dreary lives :p
    Most of my school uniform went into the crusher in August 2001! :p
    \
    sophia wrote:
    Yes but the whole point is that there'll be lots of very drunk, very attractive girls dressed in extremely slutty short skirts, knee high socks and pigtails.

Seeming like a more appealing night out now?
    A man of my refined tastes wouldn't be into attractive girls wearing short skirts. :angel:
    \
    sophia wrote:
    *cough* bollocks *cough*
    Alright, I admit it. I'd be in seventh heaven.:p
    stargalaxy wrote:
    Alright, I admit it. I'd be in seventh heaven.:p

I could easily picture you in your uniform .. tie wrapped around your head, rambo style, charming the ladies, strutting your stuff to YMCA :p
    GoodFella wrote:
    I could easily picture you in your uniform .. tie wrapped around your head, rambo style, charming the ladies, strutting your stuff to YMCA :p
    The first three are all likely when I'm drunk, but no matter how much alcohol was in my system, I would not dance to YMCA. Absolutely not. Not even if the most attractive, nicest girl in the room asked me to.
    One tip: soak it all in.
    Being a fresher is the best thing every!
    stargalaxy wrote:
    The first three are all likely when I'm drunk, but no matter how much alcohol was in my system, I would not dance to YMCA. Absolutely not. Not even if the most attractive, nicest girl in the room asked me to.

You would ... batter of the old eye lashes and you'll be under her control :p
    GoodFella wrote:
    You would ... batter of the old eye lashes and you'll be under her control :p
    :blush: Well, it's a strategy that worked for my girlfriend.
    stargalaxy wrote:
    :blush: Well, it's a strategy that worked for my girlfriend.

You'll be in for a good time then :thumb:
    GoodFella wrote:
    You'll be in for a good time then :thumb:
    That depends on whether I can drag myself to these parties, or whether I can even find the damn things in the first place. I don't know how familiar you are with Birmingham, but I know next to nothing about Bristol myself!
    stargalaxy wrote:
    That depends on whether I can drag myself to these parties, or whether I can even find the damn things in the first place. I don't know how familiar you are with Birmingham, but I know next to nothing about Bristol myself!

Well im pretty certain there will be parties where ya living, don't think you'll have to go far to find one. I know fuck all about Birmingham, thats why im excited. New place to explore :D
    GoodFella wrote:
    Well im pretty certain there will be parties where ya living, don't think you'll have to go far to find one. I know fuck all about Birmingham, thats why im excited. New place to explore :D
    Do you reckon people'll be going round the place with maps?
    stargalaxy wrote:
    Do you reckon people'll be going round the place with maps?

I'm sure you will be :p

Nah shouldnt be THAT bad :D
    GoodFella wrote:
    I'm sure you will be :p
    That much is a dead cert, if nothing else.
    stargalaxy wrote:
    That much is a dead cert, if nothing else.

Well just go with your house/flat/whatever accom mates, good way to get friendly with them.
    GoodFella wrote:
    Well just go with your house/flat/whatever accom mates, good way to get friendly with them.
    Assuming all goes well, I should be in a UNITE house. However, UWE don't give up. On Monday, they called me up, asking me to change my mind. Are they really that desperate to fill one room? :lol:
    What clubs you planning on joining? If any :p
    GoodFella wrote:
    What clubs you planning on joining? If any :p
    None at all so far. It all depends on what I see.
    Well i know for sure i'll be joining Fusion. Astons Dance Music Society, gonna try and start DJ'ing out once i get there as they need some new DJ's :D