Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Canada's PM doubts Israeli bombing of UN outpost deliberate/Hezbollah attack UN

2»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Blagsta wrote:
    The difference being that Israel is a nation state and should know better.

Oh please. I thought that you were mature enough to understand that is just plain bollocks. We are talking about people here.
    Of course Hizbollah's actions are disgraceful.

They are just as much war crimes as any thing which Israel has done in the past few weeks - and before TBH.
    However they are not two evenly matched sides.

... and thank god for that, I say. Can you imagine the carnage?
    Israel are a state in contravention of lots of UN resolutions. They are behaving like terrorists themselves.

Yep and they should be brought to book for them. So why aren't they? Becuase the UN is designed not to be effective.

But then I guess we can overlook UNSC1559 (?) which called on the disarming of Hezbollah?
    But then I guess we can overlook UNSC1559 (?) which called on the disarming of Hezbollah?
    Oh no we should enforce it.

Right after we've enforced the 28 million previous resolutions calling for an end to the illegal occupation of Palestine and the abuse, the torture, the killings and the collective punishment inflicted by Israel on the Palestinians.
    Didnt all those Resolutions against Israel get VETO'd by the USA or Britain? I didnt think any of them were passed, unlike the resolutions regarding disarming Israel's enemies.
    subject13 wrote:
    Didnt all those Resolutions against Israel get VETO'd by the USA or Britain? I didnt think any of them were passed, unlike the resolutions regarding disarming Israel's enemies.

Hence my comment about the UN being designed to be ineffectual.
    Aladdin wrote:
    Right after we've enforced the 28 million previous resolutions calling for an end to the illegal occupation of Palestine and the abuse, the torture, the killings and the collective punishment inflicted by Israel on the Palestinians.

Slight exaggeration there, but not one I disagree with, which is wht I said that Israel must also be brought to book.