Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Post of the week?

**helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
Hey :wave:

There seems to have been loads of meaty topics this week and I'm actually making a few nominations myself - and one from Spanner :)

So I'll tell you ours and then you can tell us yours :thumb:

nicx1811 on School photos

"Me and my two mates spent AGES practising in mirrors and on digital cameras for our Year 11 photo...

Then on the day, one had conjunctivitis, one had a black eye *fell into a washing line and I had the beginning of glandular fever."

Bongbudda on coke

"Fantastic when you think about it really, its a substance made in jungle labs in totally unsanitary conditions, then put into a condom, swallowed, crapped out in the UK, cut with god knows what, sold, cut again, sold, cut again and then you put it up your nose so it can go straight into your blood stream. It just shouts glamour!"

lisalashe on building self-esteem

"darling if men are approaching you then i doubt you are ugly. no-one is ever ugly people are all unique and beautiful in different ways."

Feel free to second any of these, or even better add your own.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    This one by Bongbudda from Tweetys Curiosity thread.
  • Options
    I'm just so great.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    It doesn't really fit with the thread's title, but I'd say this one: http://vbulletin.thesite.org.uk/showpost.php?p=1757374&postcount=12
  • Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    I was going to say nicx1811, but you beat me to it, get out of my head *helen* and stop stealing all my glory! :p
  • Options
    rachie004 wrote:

Seconded. Rise & Shine. Not a particularly strong week this week.
  • Options
    Not a particularly strong week this week.

Maybe you didnt notice the two entries from me.
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:
    Maybe you didnt notice the two entries from me.

Neither of which were exceptionally great :p
  • Options
    Bunny_0_ wrote:
    I was going to say nicx1811, but you beat me to it, get out of my head *helen* and stop stealing all my glory! :p

Aw soz Bunny - but since you've seconded it, I'll send you a prize if it wins :D
  • Options
    Neither of which were exceptionally great :p

Piss off, when have you ever won it?!

Granted the coke one isnt stunning, but any quote which uses the term 'front bottom' surely deserves to win.
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:

Not remotely relevant. Just an opinion.
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:

Granted the coke one isnt stunning, but any quote which uses the term 'front bottom' surely deserves to win.
    Nah it may sound fuuny but the point isn't valid and your posts after that have wavered to agree, that the topic in question on that thread, can change personality!
  • Options
    VinylVicky wrote:
    Nah it may sound fuuny but the point isn't valid and your posts after that have wavered to agree, that the topic in question on that thread, can change personality!

No, that's not what I meant at all, I agreed that it can change your reaction to certain situations, but thats a very minor point really.

I still maintain that a persons sexuality is only as much of a deal as they want to make it. It most certainly does not have to define the type of person you are.
  • Options
    Not remotely relevant. Just an opinion.

In other words you've never won it, never been nominated and never will. Looser.
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:
    In other words you've never won it, never been nominated and never will. Looser.

Quit being provocative already and nominate something.
  • Options
    **Helen** wrote:
    Quit being provocative already

Yes Miss.
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:

Firstly, learn how to spell loser. Secondly, I have been nominated twice (for what it matters). Thirdly, you really think I give a shit that I've never won an online popularity contest hosted on one website? My friend, if you really care about this that much, I will vote for you, and know that you are the real loser.
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:
    Looser.
    how dya know he's loose?
    hehe
  • Options
    VinylVicky wrote:
    how dya know he's loose?

It's common knowledge down certain parts of Saffhampt'n :D
  • Options
    It's common knowledge down certain parts of Saffhampt'n :D

I've only been down there for one weekend in my life, I didnt think I made that much of an impression. I suppose people never forget it when they've been loose with me.
  • Options
    Firstly, learn how to spell loser. Secondly, I have been nominated twice (for what it matters). Thirdly, you really think I give a shit that I've never won an online popularity contest hosted on one website? My friend, if you really care about this that much, I will vote for you, and know that you are the real loser.

Its so easy to look down your nose at it isnt it, a lot easier than winning (well for you anyway).
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:
    Its so easy to look down your nose at it isnt it, a lot easier than winning (well for you anyway).

Congratulations. Your powers of deduction amaze me. You've successfully divined that I care profoundly, from the bottom of my soul, about winning the Post Of The Week competition. I sit up all night, dreaming of turning on my computer the next morning to find that little coloured bar with my name on the left of it, creeping past the coloured bars of my rivals. I am nothing until I have won it. I look up to the people who have, muse whistfully upon their astute witticisms that have graced our humble boards and wonder whether any such witticism from my own fingertips may one day have the honour of joining such a hallowed list. Yes, you could say it's something of an unfulfilled ambition.
  • Options
    woah there!! its just a thread, just calm down :rolleyes:

and thanks **Helen**, you made me giggle...notice how you have the right amount of asterixes now you are my pal again! :p
  • Options
    \
  • Options
    Congratulations. Your powers of deduction amaze me. You've successfully divined that I care profoundly, from the bottom of my soul, about winning the Post Of The Week competition. I sit up all night, dreaming of turning on my computer the next morning to find that little coloured bar with my name on the left of it, creeping past the coloured bars of my rivals. I am nothing until I have won it. I look up to the people who have, muse whistfully upon their astute witticisms that have graced our humble boards and wonder whether any such witticism from my own fingertips may one day have the honour of joining such a hallowed list. Yes, you could say it's something of an unfulfilled ambition.

Oh well, maybe some day.
  • Options
    Meh, bong's just bitter that I don't think his posts were all that great and thus is getting defensive about it. Still think Rise & Shine's was the funniest and best timed this week.
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    bongbudda wrote:

Why are you being petty?

*sigh*

I've never won, never even been nominated. I don't care.
  • Options
    Why are you being petty?

Just because I'm really old it doesn't mean you have to take everything I post totally seriously.

And anyway, Thunderstruck started it.
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:
    Just because I'm really old it doesn't mean you have to take everything I post totally seriously.

And anyway, Thunderstruck started it.
    that actually made me chuckle out loud!
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:
    I don't think there's any risk of that. After all, you did use the word front-bottom in a post.
  • Options
    I don't think there's any risk of that. After all, you did use the word front-bottom in a post.

Whats wrong with that? Its far more civilised in mixed company than some of the more crude terms used in the Sex section.