Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

My car can fly!! Well, one wheel can.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I wasn't able to go to wrestling training tonight - something to do with my rear nearside wheel overtaking me as I went around Hirwaun roundabout.

"How odd" I thought as the very nice alloy hit the kerb, bounced about 15 feet in the air and landed in some thick brambles.

It would have been a very good time for me to grow wings in order to hover over the bushes and retrieve said wheel, however God deemed it unneccessary to give humans the power of natural flight, which put paid to that idea.

No, a more fiendishly clever plan would be required if my quest to attend training tonight was to succeed. From where I was parked (I use that term loosely - 'parked' gives the impression I carefully placed my vehicle at the side of the road when in actual fact I was at an odd angle with one side of the car dragging on the road) the brambles were too thick for me to rescue the alloy. I used harsh language, judo and even a seduction technique but it was no good - I couldn't get past the brambles.

Then all at once, it came to me - walk around the other side of the bushes.

Yes I know - a clever idea of thermonuclear proportions.

I put the plan in to action. After negotiating several sharp bends and fending off the advances of an over-amourous labrador who instantly fell in love with my left leg, I managed to fight my way through the back of the bushes using several holds, reversals and chain techniques taught to me by the very man I was hoping I'd be learning from tonight.

Several jars of jam later, I returned to the scene of devastation, alloy in hand. One look at it told me I would not be driving it tonight. Unpeturbed, I tried anyway.

Why oh why will I never pay attention to common sense??

At this time I decided there was only one thing for it. I had to call in the RAC.

An hour later, bouncing around the corner came the contractor I disturbed on his tea break to help get my car home. I tried conversing with him in German which didn't work seeing as he didn't speak a word of it. The fact I don't either only made matters worse.

Anyway, to cut a long story short, I arrived home at 9pm feeling like I've learned one of life's valuable lessons.

Only, I've forgotten what it is.

All together now: "oh happy days...."

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    i've just friven back from edinburgh.
    on my way there twas very windy and i saw three wrecked caravans on the motorway.
    at lockerbie there was a big four wheel drive with a huge caravan on top of it all mangled up.
    but it was at the top of a huge embankment ...the guy must have been towing the thing over a 100mph in atrocious conditions to get that far up!